Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raj

Nintendo 3DS screen

Be gentle, I don't venture in this section very often!!!

My son's Nintendo 3DS top screen is buggered. It's all pixalated- any one know who can repair them locally or is it worth it???

Thanks in advance.

15907407640871587625851.jpg

I've never known anyone to repair them. Probably have to send it back to Nintendo. Which will put you out of pocket. 

You could probably buy a screen and follow a YouTube video on how to replace.

Honestly though It probably costs just as much to buy a new 3DS. Cant imagine them costing a fortune. Does your son use the 3D element of it? It might be worth getting a 2DS instead.

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've never known anyone to repair them. Probably have to send it back to Nintendo. Which will put you out of pocket. 

Honestly though It probably costs just as much to buy a new 3DS. Cant imagine them costing a fortune. Does your son use the 3D element of it? It might be worth getting a 2DS instead.

Thanks buddy. Don't think he even knows it's git the 3d element and I never play. 

42 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thanks buddy. Don't think he even knows it's git the 3d element and I never play. 

Yeah the 3D is a fun gimmick for about half an hour but I've not known anybody to actually use it long term. That said are you sure yours is a 3DS?  The colour scheme looks like the 2DS that comes bundled with Mario Kart.

Either way it should be a fairly simple fix for any electronics repair place if it's just the top screen that's damaged.  I wouldn't expect anywhere to stock the components but you can get a screen on ebay for under a tenner so it might be worth seeing if one of your local places will do it for you if you provide the screen.  It would be cheaper than a new unit that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah the 3D is a fun gimmick for about half an hour but I've not known anybody to actually use it long term. That said are you sure yours is a 3DS?  The colour scheme looks like the 2DS that comes bundled with Mario Kart.

Either way it should be a fairly simple fix for any electronics repair place if it's just the top screen that's damaged.  I wouldn't expect anywhere to stock the components but you can get a screen on ebay for under a tenner so it might be worth seeing if one of your local places will do it for you if you provide the screen.  It would be cheaper than a new unit that's for sure.

The 2DS doesn't have a flip screen. Its one solid piece of hardware. I've got one (unless they made a flip version, which ive never seen)

So looks like 3DS to me

On 29/05/2020 at 10:25, kingcarr21 said:

Honestly though It probably costs just as much to buy a new 3DS. Cant imagine them costing a fortune. Does your son use the 3D element of it? It might be worth getting a 2DS instea

Edited by Raj

Thanks all, Told you I know feck all about games etc.   Atleast I know now it's a ds2 XL NOT DS3!!!!

Think I'm going to send it off to Nintendo UK for a quote for repair. They quote- if i accept the quote I get it fixed else they send it back.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Raj said:

Just for information I sent this off to official Nintendo service centre and the cost will be £77.50 for a repair( replacement top screen)

Wow. That's expensive. Replacement screen is only around £20. And a decent repairman would have it done in under an hour. :huh:

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Just for information I sent this off to official Nintendo service centre and the cost will be £77.50 for a repair( replacement top screen)

Knew it would cost a small fortune. Still cheaper than buying 2nd hand so unless you plan on buying a screen and trying to fix it yourself just go with Nintendo. At least you will have a guarantee with it. 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Knew it would cost a small fortune. Still cheaper than buying 2nd hand so unless you plan on buying a screen and trying to fix it yourself just go with Nintendo. At least you will have a guarantee with it. 

Yep my thoughts entirely

Got better thinks to do in life that watch a YouTube video on how to do it and then completely feck it up!!!

2nd hand consoles on flea bay are about £120+.

Didn't really know who would repair this locally so gone with them.

Told my lad you break this and I'll break you!!!!!

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Wow. That's expensive. Replacement screen is only around £20. And a decent repairman would have it done in under an hour. :huh:

Cheaper in theory but who knows who would repair it under the covid situation, no way I'm trying to as it's be completely fecked after I've messed around with it! LOL

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had this repaired and the screen is sorted.

BUT there's no mario kart 7 on it anymore????

Waiting for a response back but do any of you know why and what I can do???

On 04/07/2020 at 10:57, Raj said:

Had this repaired and the screen is sorted.

BUT there's no mario kart 7 on it anymore????

Waiting for a response back but do any of you know why and what I can do???

Was it a downloaded game? I presume you can redownload it for free?

14 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Was it a downloaded game? I presume you can redownload it for free?

It was part of the bundle we bough,pre-installed. To download it costs £40 mulla

I've emailed Nintendo what they ve done to it...