Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

FA.Cup weekend....         doesn't matter

4 English Profi leagues.....doesn't matter

 

Through the year....Various massive UK Sporting events...doesn't matter..

What do we get on a more regular basis, through the whole year....

 

From & through 401-409...

American sport & events...American.Football..more on 1-2 channels more games

                                           American.Golf..Events.     On 1-2 channels

                                            American basketball.       On  1-2 channels

American Sports- discussions & debate...in 1-2 channels

Weekends, Full Saturdays & Sundays taken up from American sport that doesn't interest me...

Too many Mundane English/Scottish same & Repeat Football discussions,across more channels...I use to like Neville, Now he bores me..

 

I am being conned...I want UK..football,Rugby times 2 disciplines , cricket, or other Sports at least to Take up 85% of UK -sky-sports-air time

Then the indirect UK-Sports interest..European football, World cricket, Rugby...etc...

Not American Style sport & commentary...on UKs Major pay-TV presenter...

I Dont mind the odd night-spread,on the odd channel.of American sport but ffs. Weekends I want UK /European sport being aired...on more channels,& more often...

 

For the Major Pay tv-Sports presenter, Sky as become Bloody useless to my requirements...

No regular English Football leagues choice, No top European League games,No Rugby Union, No regular Cricket...or other sports,but 2 channels showing Darts...

Or American sports, the whole night, or high % of air time at weekends....

 

In this Covid Crowded period, I would of thought, more 4 Profi League Football would be shown.....

Why Not a bigger FA.für game spread...!!

 

Or am I seeing it wrong..??

 

 

 

 

 

     

 

 

 

                                           

 

 

Edited by fuchsntf
Posted

Sky don't show the FA Cup so they don't give a toss about it, and I'm not sure there's any cricket they have the rights to that is on right now, especially in the daytime.

 

The NFL is quite popular in the UK, and growing in popularity, so they show it. Personally, I wish I could get that amount of NHL content instead without buying Premier Sports.

Posted

Has this changed since you subscribed to it? 

 

Sky don't have the rights to the FA Cup and haven't done so for ages. So maybe need to adjust/lower your expectations for that... 

 

Just because you don't find sports interesting doesn't mean they should/shouldn't show it. Have you fed back to them as opposed to complain on here? 

 

You mention 'no regular English football league choice'. They have an EFL game on each week, plenty through mid-week too? They had games on this weekend so maybe you missed that? 

 

You'll be glad to know cricket is back on your screens this week with England playing in Sri Lanka. 

 

You say you're 'being conned' but did you not research this before you took up your subscription? They've not had rights to European leagues for a long time - BT probably had them more recently than Sky - BT had Serie A until recently, still have French Ligue 1 and German Bundesliga, Coppa Italia, French Coupe de Ligue. Think Sky had Eredivisie regularly at one point before it went to Eleven Sports. 

 

You're complaining about a service you've signed up for yourself (and probably not forced to). Simply if you're not happy, best thing to do is not renew your contract :dunno:

Posted
5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has this changed since you subscribed to it? 

 

Sky don't have the rights to the FA Cup and haven't done so for ages. So maybe need to adjust/lower your expectations for that... 

 

Just because you don't find sports interesting doesn't mean they should/shouldn't show it. Have you fed back to them as opposed to complain on here? 

 

You mention 'no regular English football league choice'. They have an EFL game on each week, plenty through mid-week too? They had games on this weekend so maybe you missed that? 

 

You'll be glad to know cricket is back on your screens this week with England playing in Sri Lanka. 

 

You say you're 'being conned' but did you not research this before you took up your subscription? They've not had rights to European leagues for a long time - BT probably had them more recently than Sky - BT had Serie A until recently, still have French Ligue 1 and German Bundesliga, Coppa Italia, French Coupe de Ligue. Think Sky had Eredivisie regularly at one point before it went to Eleven Sports. 

 

You're complaining about a service you've signed up for yourself (and probably not forced to). Simply if you're not happy, best thing to do is not renew your contract :dunno:

The Service has changed...European Football League games, English nternationals Rugby, No more!!...Now more American sports

I just Believed at the beginning on a regulär Basis I Would see, over 9 channels, more UK Orientated Sports the Bbone being

UK football, Internationals,and European football...And they use to have FA.cup games ,Plus high?Nights and more League cup highlights.

The cricket all round Coverage has improved  F1 aswell ...Getting their Designated channels..

 

Like I said I Dont mind a spread of American sports...but These last couple of years, for my liking its taken over my own weekend preferences..

 

& Again, in this Covid ,crowdless period, I would of actually expected more of a UK spread of football & Rugby..allowing all fans to see their club..( even highlights)

Especially through weekends...Yes I would expect Sky to compete for those contracts...That was the original base idea...

Paying extra for BT was also not in my calculation, has Sky was airing other leagues,and discussing more lower League time ..

 

Plus I asked for others thoughts you & @Mike the Metal Ed quite rightly gave your opinions...

& Yes 2 years ago, I Contacted quite diplomatically Sky,..twice. Noreply..!!

A few years ago, I Suggested a cricket only channel...( Nothing to do with me) but they did reply,saying it was already in planning, the Next season it became

reality..

 

 

 

 

Posted
10 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I just don’t understand why nobody at Sky remembered what Fuchsntf wanted and catered solely for that 🤷🏼‍♂️

I just gave my thoughts and asked, what actually others think... I am neither Narrow Minded, Not  bombastic  

Sky give a service,that many Pay extra for, so "Customers"  are "entitled to put forward questions on lost coverage....aswell as present & future...

So I asked as clever People do a Football forum,where Member have other Sporting interest....but it seems,that was a little too high for you to grasp...

Or Maybe your attempt at some sort of Snidey Humor fell on stoney ground....

 

 

Posted

You could use this argument for every provider.

 

For BT - I'm only interested in LCFC PL & Cup Games

Netflix and Amazon have a whole load of programmes I'm not interested in.

 

The days when the BBC and ITV had all the sports going are long gone.

 

The worst thing about this is not that SKY don't have for example the FA Cup because at least you know where it's being shown but with the PL where you have to subscribe to not 1 nor 2 but now 3 providers if you want the chance of see a game you're interested in and that's if they're actually showing it, Covid seasons aside.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...