Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

price naseem to make comeback

He was Pictured in The Sun a few weeks back and looked very overweight, good luck to him though.

I saw that he was massive looked like Alan Partridge when he got fat from his toblerone addiction!!

He was very cocky if i recall! Hands down but i guess he had good reflexes.

I dont think he will be great in his comeback! There will be a lot of hype about it but he will have to work on his defence to get anywhere!

He was very cocky if i recall! Hands down but i guess he had good reflexes.

I dont think he will be great in his comeback! There will be a lot of hype about it but he will have to work on his defence to get anywhere!

Defence was never his strong point. Hope I'm wrong but this all sounds like a grubbby exercise in boosting a bank balance rather than an attempt by a boxing fanatic to get back into a sport he loves.

Whatever the case, I think we will see a sad shadow of the Prince Naseem who was once the George Best of boxing. He won't be the first to sell his soul to pay the bills (and to continue living the lifestyle) although the consequences of wealth don't seem to have been that kind to him.

Many boxers are tempted into ever more belated comebacks either cos they're skint or because they miss the hype, the hero-worship or the atmosphere of fight nights and fight folk. Sadly, as I recall, the comebacks almost always end in anti-climax.

Win or lose, the sparkle that made these boxers great has gone.

And all you're left with is wages.

Boxing badly needs new heroes.

I loved this line in the story- "I was fighting the best in the division and I had a bad day, he had a good one. The fight came at an awkward time in my career where I didn't really have a proper number one trainer, but I don't want to make any excuses." Sounds like a pretty long list of excuses to me.

Anyway, can anyone refresh my memory as to why he left boxing in the first place?

I loved this line in the story- "I was fighting the best in the division and I had a bad day, he had a good one. The fight came at an awkward time in my career where I didn't really have a proper number one trainer, but I don't want to make any excuses." Sounds like a pretty long list of excuses to me.

Anyway, can anyone refresh my memory as to why he left boxing in the first place?

I think the reason he quit was because to get a crack at another world title fight

he would have had to fight some pretty tough Mexican/American boxers.

He would of had to stay in America to do this and his opponents would have been

nothing like the ones he was used to fighting when World Champion.

A lot of his opponents were cherry picked for him when he was World Champ

and he had a lot more to lose by staying there and getting roughed up

by a lot of the journeymen boxers he would have had to fight.

He was Pictured in The Sun a few weeks back and looked very overweight, good luck to him though.

This is not necessarily a bad thing.

A Featherweight Boxer can lose anything up to 2 Stone during training.

Maybe he needs the extra pounds to enable him to train harder.

Still a bad idea if you ask me :ermm:

This is not necessarily a bad thing.

A Featherweight Boxer can lose anything up to 2 Stone during training.

Maybe he needs the extra pounds to enable him to train harder.

Still a bad idea if you ask me :ermm:

Can't imagine he'll want to fight any Mexicans in the state he appears to be in.

Archived