Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Tomi Petrescu Update

Whilst searching the t'internet I have found some information on Tomi Petrescu. Last season he scored 7 goals for his club in just over 20 games I think and he was playing mostly as an attacking midfielder. He has also been on the fringes of the Under 21 national team.

I wonder whether he would of ever made the grade at Leicester had he stayed? Shame

Whilst searching the t'internet I have found some information on Tomi Petrescu. Last season he scored 7 goals for his club in just over 20 games I think and he was playing mostly as an attacking midfielder. He has also been on the fringes of the Under 21 national team.

I wonder whether he would of ever made the grade at Leicester had he stayed? Shame

...Or would his presence just have kept Chambers from progressing and playing regularly for the reserves? We'll never know...

His case was a strange one, if I remember rightly he left on the exact day Levein was confirmed as manager. I assume he decided that he'd never be able to impress upon another new manager, not surprising when you consider his experience of football here was spending ages trying to make Micky think about him any only getting one sub appearance for his trouble. Shame though, Levein would have looked at him differently...

Petrescu went off the rails abit though and was regularly out on the piss so I heard. I think the club got abit pissed off with him because his progression certainly stalled abit the season we were in the premiership. I think Tomi thought once he made his debut at the end of the 02/03 season that he'd be considered for a place in the team the following season but he even struggled to get in for the reserves.

Shame really as he was thought to be very talented, which he was whenever I saw him up until the last season he had with us.

Petrescu went off the rails abit though and was regularly out on the piss so I heard. I think the club got abit pissed off with him because his progression certainly stalled abit the season we were in the premiership. I think Tomi thought once he made his debut at the end of the 02/03 season that he'd be considered for a place in the team the following season but he even struggled to get in for the reserves.

Shame really as he was thought to be very talented, which he was whenever I saw him up until the last season he had with us.

I'll let you know that that is quite a common perception when it comes to Finnish people :whistle:

Archived