Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Transfer window

Doesn't this transfer window take the steam out of the season?

It's even worse when there's an international break. There's sod-all going on and the newspapers are full of crystal ball-gazing rubbish and contrived opinions which put players on a pinnacle which would be too high at a tenth of the size.

All the football pages that I've seen should be headlined "Meaningless Drivel".

In days gone, everyone would be buying a player here, shedding a player there and all the managers would be tweaking their teams like Formula One mechanics.

Internationals are okay when there's a point in em but I wouldn't dust my shoes to watch a friendly cos no matter how good the players they'll only be going through the motions and so would I in their boots.

The season should be real football first day to last and let's get some transfer activity back, there must be a better way than this dusty old window. I'm only writing THIS cos I'm building up for three o'clock and NOTHING is gonna happen. :angry:

Still there is a way around this, do what Forest have done, loan the player until the window with a view to a permanent move so they can have him now, plus if the player doesn't do well then he can always be sent back.

Still there is a way around this, do what Forest have done, loan the player until the window with a view to a permanent move so they can have him now, plus if the player doesn't do well then he can always be sent back.

I agree with that, Forest have got a good one there I reckon. Slightly off topic - The international break is the devils work :mad: the only advantage for clubs is that it gives injured players a chance to recover, its shite if you are on a winning streak and it gets interupted. We should try and get some fellas on loan with a view to signing them permantly, unfortunately I dont think we are going to be able to sign Smudger on a permanent basis he will just cost too much :(

Doesn't this transfer window take the steam out of the season?

The season should be real football first day to last and let's get some transfer activity back, there must be a better way than this dusty old window. I'm only writing THIS cos I'm building up for three o'clock and NOTHING is gonna happen. :angry:

Im amazed a football club or player hasnt challenged this transfer window system at the european couts of employment. Its restriction of trade.

Im amazed a football club or player hasnt challenged this transfer window system at the european couts of employment. Its restriction of trade.

well it is but it isn't really I don't think the player can have much cause to complain as they are under contract and can sign pre contracts in January now Clubs should be able to complain becuase if they want to sign a player or sell a player it should be their choice!!

what angers me is when you get a team like Derby signing about 8 loan players outside of the transfer window that's very wrong IMO and makes a mockery out of the transfer window

Players can only pre sign a new deal IF their contract will expire the following summer.

In normal everyday working life, you can sign a pre contract any time, so why not for football players.

Clubs are companies just like anyother, they should not be restricted to trade.

well it is but it isn't really I don't think the player can have much cause to complain as they are under contract and can sign pre contracts in January now Clubs should be able to complain becuase if they want to sign a player or sell a player it should be their choice!!

what angers me is when you get a team like Derby signing about 8 loan players outside of the transfer window that's very wrong IMO and makes a mockery out of the transfer window

I think the whole loan system is a joke. If it didn't exist top clubs wouldn't be able to stockpile huge numbers of good and promising players they are never going to use in their first team...knowing they can loan out as many as they want to non-rivals.

The whole structure - number of foreign players, amount of money a club can spend on its team, number of players allowed in a squad and number of substitutes allowed should be reviewed for the good of the future of the game.

Resources, in terms of players, need to be shared around more fairly and so that all the top quality footballers get the right opportunity to develop their game and to become as good as they possibly can.

As it is the Premiership is a farce - all but decided already - and every week there are wonderful players twiddling their thumbs on the bench (or worse).

And all because of greed and because so many clubs are run by people who don't have the slightest interest in the future of the game - only where their next big wad is coming from.

As for the agents, they are beneath contempt bleeding the game of so much money.

Getting rid of the money out of the game would be the best thing for it, but it's the only motivating factor players seem to have these days, and I use the word in it's loosest sense.

I hate the transfer window as it means we can't get any new players in permanently and if we had a new manager in which probably won't happen but I'd like it to, then he would be stuck with the crap thats at the club at the moment and wouldn't have a chance for his own team meaning our performances wouldn't neccessarily get any better

Archived