Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrevLeftPeg

Insurgency: Sandstorm

I picked this up before Christmas on Xbox for around £20 and had even seen it as low as £12 on PlayStation.

I really enjoy it and I think its a nice change compared to the likes of COD etc. as it is quite tactical and the more you work as a team the easier it is to complete objective. You also have to take into account stuff like the enemy distance so if they are far away you may have to aim above their head to take into account the bullet dropping and stuff like that. 

There is no campaign so you can either play as a team against bots or against other players and different game modes have different objectives. Some you have to advance through the maps and capture checkpoints, some you have to capture and defend and then another is where you have to hold checkpoints. Each game can take between 20-40 mins, the bots aren't the cleverest but they can still provide a challenge as you can be killed from 1 bullet, none of this cod bs where you unload a clip into someone and they still kill you. Some maps are also played at night so you will need to equip night-vision goggles which is really fun but challenging.

Every weapon and attachment is unlocked from the start with you being given a certain amount of points to spend for each loadout so you can customise it to how you like which is good fun in my opinion as there are so many different combinations. You earn in game currency which you can spend to unlock and customise the look of your characters. You also unlock classes as you level up with the higher classes allowing you to call in air strikes as you are a 'Commander'.

I've only really dabbled in playing against the bots with other players and I find it really enjoyable, it also feels like there is a real variety in maps so you don't get bored playing the same ones. There are a few tiny bugs i have noticed (i have to keep changing the controller layout each time i play for some reason) but i'd really recommend picking it up if you can get it for around £20.

I hope that helps but if it doesn't i watched a lot of review videos of it on YouTube :)