Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Chambers

To put things into perspective, here's the squad for the 2002-3 U19 Euro Championship qualifiying mini-tournament, taken from here.

David Bentley - Arsenal FC

Justin Hoyte - Arsenal FC

Liam Ridgewell - Aston Villa FC

Peter Whittingham - Aston Villa FC

Wayne Routledge - Crystal Palace FC

Lee Camp - Derby County FC

Wayne Rooney - Everton FC

Dean Leacock - Fulham FC

Darren Ambrose - Ipswich FC

John Welsh - Liverpool FC

Lee Croft - Manchester City FC

Edward Johnson - Manchester United FC

Luke Steele - Manchester United FC

Stewart Downing - Middlesbrough FC

Chris Brown - Sunderland FC

Marcel McKie - Tottenham Hotspur FC

Ben Bowditch - Tottenham Hotspur FC

Glen Johnson - West Ham United FC

We have one regular full international, 6 in the current U21 squad, and Glen Johnson in between the 2.

Of the players who haven't made the step up, what does that say? What about the players in the latest U21 squad who didn't feature in the above? Does this mean they are crap? Or more realistically, have they developed at a different pace to their counterparts?

To put things into perspective, here's the squad for the 2002-3 U19 Euro Championship qualifiying mini-tournament, taken from here.

David Bentley - Arsenal FC

Justin Hoyte - Arsenal FC

Liam Ridgewell - Aston Villa FC

Peter Whittingham - Aston Villa FC

Wayne Routledge - Crystal Palace FC

Lee Camp - Derby County FC

Wayne Rooney - Everton FC

Dean Leacock - Fulham FC

Darren Ambrose - Ipswich FC

John Welsh - Liverpool FC

Lee Croft - Manchester City FC

Edward Johnson - Manchester United FC

Luke Steele - Manchester United FC

Stewart Downing - Middlesbrough FC

Chris Brown - Sunderland FC

Marcel McKie - Tottenham Hotspur FC

Ben Bowditch - Tottenham Hotspur FC

Glen Johnson - West Ham United FC

We have one regular full international, 6 in the current U21 squad, and Glen Johnson in between the 2.

Of the players who haven't made the step up, what does that say? What about the players in the latest U21 squad who didn't feature in the above? Does this mean they are crap? Or more realistically, have they developed at a different pace to their counterparts?

That's an interesting post and it shows that there were some quality players in that Under 19 squad. There's only 2 or 3 that aren't playing in either the premiership or the championship right now and your right some have developed quickly, some it's taken longer and some haven't at all. It would be good to see in a few years whether the current Under 19 squad (including Stearman and Porter) will be as successful as that one.

I don't give a toss whether Chambers is better than Walcott. What I do think is that he's more likely to score for City than the strikers we've currently got (apart from MDV).

As for his goals tally in the reserves, his appearances have been slightly curtailed by youth internationals where he has also scored, including a hat-trick as I recall.

Either way he got lots more goals than Hammond and I just think he'd be a useful cameo player at the moment. I'm not for an instance suggesting he's the finished article but given the chances we've created, I do believe he would have converted a good few of them.

Can someone tell me what harm it would do having him available for 20 minute cameos as substitute bearing in mind we are not exactly spoilt for strikers?

I am all for Chambo, but why not try Graham or Dodds first. You are right, to continue with the current set of forwards and expect a different result is a form of madness. :huh::unsure::ph34r::whistle::thumbup:

I am all for Chambo, but why not try Graham or Dodds first. You are right, to continue with the current set of forwards and expect a different result is a form of madness. :huh::unsure::ph34r::whistle::thumbup:

Graham was extremely poor against Chelsea in the reserves the other week and looked a shadow of his former self, he's probably easing his way back in to the groove of things at the minute. So first team football is a little ambitious if you ask me and as for Dodds i'd love to see him get the chance but he's been injured for a month I think?

theo is a better prospect than chambers at this moment in time. anyone who knows anything about football will say that.

It's no use arguing over who's the best Theo or Chambo, it's obvious that Theo will make it at the top level with the right development, here's hoping Chambo does the same, but at the moment Theo is head and shoulders above Chambo!

It's no use arguing over who's the best Theo or Chambo, it's obvious that Theo will make it at the top level with the right development, here's hoping Chambo does the same, but at the moment Theo is head and shoulders above Chambo!

Walcott is a year older than Chambers aswell, that might have something to do with it.

Archived