Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Chambers

Just to put the age thing to bed finally, on the Moan In tonight (hilarious) Mr Barber said he'd contacted the club about whether Chambo can play for the first team at his age and the club said that they have to get permission from Chambo's school and his parents before he plays but there are no other restrictions.

Personally I don't think this would be the right time to put that pressure on him, but I just thought I'd post this so you'd all know that he can play if selected.

Well, he scores quite regularly for the ressies.

chambers has scored 2 goals this season for the reserves!

2 goals is hardly regular, he's not ready yet.

theo walcott has scored 3 goals in the first team in a handful of appearances

chambers has scored 2 goals this season for the reserves!

2 goals is hardly regular, he's not ready yet.

theo walcott has scored 3 goals in the first team in a handful of appearances

Which Chambers hasn't had.

Can't make a comparison when he's not had anywhere near the same chances in the first team.

All Theo Walcott seemed to do vs us was get caught offside anyway.

And that's a fact is it?

I hear rumours of Arsenal watching Chambo and he hasn't even played a league game.

If we're going to determine how good players are by their asking prices and rumours of people watching them, it's a bit shit.

so, you really think that chambers is better than walcott at this moment in time? come on, who are you trying to kid

No one at all.

Do you really think Walcott is better? Have you compared and contrasted both of their performances in the first teams?

Oh, no, wait...

Assumption is the mother of all fock ups people say.

theo is a better prospect than chambers at this moment in time. anyone who knows anything about football will say that.

i know plenty enough about football thanks. how many times have you seen chambo play? and what about walcott? i mean really closely watched him? at the saints vs leics game a few weeks back walcott was anonymous and got caught offside alot. whats so great there. 3 goals in 4 starts? could just be luck he might not keep it up. also i am just sticking up for our own lad, nothing wrong with a morale booster is there. considering the young lad used to use t his site. we should sponsor him.

I have seen Chambo Play many times and he is not ready for first team football. Let the lad develop before you push him into something he is not ready for. He is not a prolific goalscorer at reserve team level and against experienced players looks out of his depth , Fulham was a good example.We all want the lad to do well but we should not burden him with our expectations.

so, you really think that chambers is better than walcott at this moment in time? come on, who are you trying to kid

I don't give a toss whether Chambers is better than Walcott. What I do think is that he's more likely to score for City than the strikers we've currently got (apart from MDV).

As for his goals tally in the reserves, his appearances have been slightly curtailed by youth internationals where he has also scored, including a hat-trick as I recall.

Either way he got lots more goals than Hammond and I just think he'd be a useful cameo player at the moment. I'm not for an instance suggesting he's the finished article but given the chances we've created, I do believe he would have converted a good few of them.

Can someone tell me what harm it would do having him available for 20 minute cameos as substitute bearing in mind we are not exactly spoilt for strikers?

I have seen Chambo Play many times and he is not ready for first team football. Let the lad develop before you push him into something he is not ready for. He is not a prolific goalscorer at reserve team level and against experienced players looks out of his depth , Fulham was a good example.We all want the lad to do well but we should not burden him with our expectations.

Admittedly I didn't see the Fulham game but I've seen Chambers lots this season and he certainly never looked out of his depth in those matches. In fact he always brought a buzz out of the crowd when he got the ball and was by far City's greatest threat.

:clap: As the advert says, good things come to those who wait.

I agree, I don't think Chambers is ready quite yet and by rights he shouldn't be! He's 15, how many 15 year olds play first team football at any professional level? Not many and if they do it's because they are physically advanced compared to most 15 year olds. Chambers hasn't been out of his depth for the majority of the games he's played for the reserves this season because he's that talented that his size, etc often doesn't get exposed. But against Chelsea he didn't have much luck and that shouldn't write him off for the first team just yet but it also says to me that this lad should be allowed to develop naturally with merit.

If he does score plenty of goals for the reserves then obviously the matter might change, but he hasn't scored a goal at any level for about half a dozen games or so.

I agree, I don't think Chambers is ready quite yet and by rights he shouldn't be! He's 15, how many 15 year olds play first team football at any professional level? Not many and if they do it's because they are physically advanced compared to most 15 year olds. Chambers hasn't been out of his depth for the majority of the games he's played for the reserves this season because he's that talented that his size, etc often doesn't get exposed. But against Chelsea he didn't have much luck and that shouldn't write him off for the first team just yet but it also says to me that this lad should be allowed to develop naturally with merit.

If he does score plenty of goals for the reserves then obviously the matter might change, but he hasn't scored a goal at any level for about half a dozen games or so.

In an ideal world I'd agree wholeheartedly but City's world is far from ideal just now.

I think it would create a bit of a buzz to have Chambers on the bench - it might focus the strikers selected and he might just surprise you all should he get on the field.

We badly need something to look forward to at City - cos the whole atmosphere's a bit stale at the moment - and it's important to make things bubbly again.

Chambers can do that. He loves the stage and talent is talent at whatever level. I've got complete confidence in him. In fact, if I knew he'd get half and hour I'd have a bet on him scoring.

In an ideal world I'd agree wholeheartedly but City's world is far from ideal just now.

I think it would create a bit of a buzz to have Chambers on the bench - it might focus the strikers selected and he might just surprise you all should he get on the field.

We badly need something to look forward to at City - cos the whole atmosphere's a bit stale at the moment - and it's important to make things bubbly again.

Chambers can do that. He loves the stage and talent is talent at whatever level. I've got complete confidence in him. In fact, if I knew he'd get half and hour I'd have a bet on him scoring.

You do have a point there and i'd be keen to see it happen. But he isn't scoring at reserve level at the minute and I think on merit he should only get a chance for the first team after a series of successful games for the reserves, which he had done but recently he's gone off the boil and it's understandable.

Archived