Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

changing team around

am i wrong in thinking that one possible reason for our bad position is that pretty much before every game cl "set to ring the changes". i know if we play bad then something has to be done to correct this but surely changing the team too much just simply messes up any togetherness the players might have. this doesnt excuse us not being able to score but i think it may help the players learn a style of play if they know who is playing. for example personally i felt we were playing best and creating most chances when we played williams and hughes in the middle, and i dont think ive seen that partnership since last season. maybe im completly wrong but just a thought :P

We have played Hughes and Williams together and it did look very dangerous, but with strong midfielders it could be carnage. I do remember one game last season and I can't remember exactly who it was against but both of them played in the middle and we were so fluent going forward it was a pleasure to watch. That was at a time when Williams was trying though and looked interested and motivated.

We have played Hughes and Williams together and it did look very dangerous, but with strong midfielders it could be carnage. I do remember one game last season and I can't remember exactly who it was against but both of them played in the middle and we were so fluent going forward it was a pleasure to watch. That was at a time when Williams was trying though and looked interested and motivated.

I'm sure the only time we played them together was when Hughes was shipped out to a wing?

Ah well, either way I really don't think that would be a partnership to go for just for the defensive aspect. If we were playing 5-3-2, play them both in there with Joey and that'd work :cool:

But we won't be doing that anyway.

it would only work, if we were playing a weaker team, as neither of them are tacklers! i think they stopped playing together as they dont seem to work that well together anymore, plus hughes was injured and williams defo seems to be out of favour with CL at the moment!

Archived