Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Ratings v watford

6 Douglas - shouldnt have threw the ball to Tiatto

6 Maybury - Average

7 Gerrbrand - solid as usual

7 McCarthy - should have been given the captains arm band IMO for his recent performances

7 Stearman - played well you could see why we need someone like him pushing forward more with more pace

4 Sylla - all i can say is lazy

2/3 Kisnorbo - Absolute sh*t gave the ball away so many times and hasnt got a clue going forward not worthy of being captain at all!

7 Joey - Played well and nice to see him score 2 did give the ball away a few times though

7 Smith - his skill caused them so much problems just a shame we cant make more out his runs

6 Hammond - shown his skill when he went on his run but jus cannot shoot!!!

6 De vries - Still dont fill me with confidence as our goal scorer but didnt play too bad yesterday

subs : Hughes 4 didnt do anything

Dion 4 missed that chance which would have killed the game off

Tiatto 4 average performance

Good old city. Think we all knew it would end 2-2 when Dion missed a sitter. He had time, composed himself and passed it wide. Genius.

Douglas - 5 Bit of thought Rab. Let's see the clock down

Maybury - 6 - Better on the right than left. Should have done better for their second

McCarthy - 8 - He started the season shite, but is now back to his rock-like self. The new Stevie Walsh

Gerrbrand - 8 - Good player. I like the way he dribbled the ball out of defence at one point, only to relaise our midfielders are shite and there was no decent pass available. Two Paddys are a good combo.

Stearman - 7 - Had a good game. On the left, he tried to drive forward.

Sylla - 5.5 - Disappointing. I feel for him in that he doesn't have a good central midfield around him so he has to come inside to get the ball, but really should have done better

Kisnorbo - 5 - Puts the tackles in, but sadly, that is it. He is not a captain.

Gudjonsson - 8 - If he had not have got the goals, he would have got a 6. I still don't think he is a good player. He does not offer enough to the team. He is a gopher.

Smith - 9 - Well played lad. At times, he tries to do too much, but looks to run at people, which scares them. Everytime he got the ball, Watford panicked.

Elvis - 6.5 - Ran a lot, gave a lot of effort, but never looked like getting into a position to score.

De Vries - 6.5 - Same as Elvis, only without the running. Held the ball up at times, caused problems.

Subs

Dublin - 5 - No excuse for the miss. I hope you wake up in a cold sweat at night over it.

Tiatto - 5 - You are club captain. You should have pleaded with Levein to sacrifice yourself and leave Smith on. I would also like to know why a club captain feels he needs to elbow someone as soon as he comes onto the pitch.

Levein's performance - 4 - This is the first time I have been truly disappointed with your tactics. Where I was sitting, we were all pleading for Hume to come on for a knackered Elvis. It seemed imperative against 10 men to have some pace upfront and threaten them on the counter or try and push them back.

When he took Smith off for Tiatto, we were all aghast. Smith was our only true threat all night (that includes our strikers who never looked like scoring). When he got the ball, two watford players would come to him. Against ten men, that is massively effective. I mean, come on Craig, 10 men minus the 2 men going to tackle Smith, makes 8 further players (7 outfield). That means, less attacking threat from Watford.

Seriously, I can understand why you would want to bring a more defensive player like Tiatto on, but it makes no sense taking off your most dangerous player. Take off Elvis, take off Dublin, but do not take off your most attacking threat. Yes, I was/am still annoyed at the throwing away of points.

douglas -6, didnt play to badly but i think we should give henderson a go and see who is better

stearman-7 thought he played really well, never scared to get stuck in

gerrbrand - 7 another good game

Mcarthy- 8 cracker

Maybury-6 backs off to much, but his going forward at times was good

smith-9 says it all

joey-8 thought again he played really well, shows so much passion as a lcfc player

kisrnobo-6 was ok i guess

sylla-5 doesnt try hard enough, when looses ball just gives up

de vries- 7 was ok

hammond- 6 runs his heart out, but get onside

subs:

tiatto-5 nothing disasterous, however i feel he should of come on for kisborbo not smith

hughes-6 got in the game

dublin-6 should of scored, but he always makes himself known

Douglas - 5. Had very little to do, but he couldn't even do that. He literally threw away two points.

Maybury - 6. Showed signs of regaining form, at least once he'd been restored to right-back. Still wwell below the standards of last season though.

Gerrbrand - 7. Looked untroubled all evening. One of the manager's few quality signings. Should make the most of him while we can.

McCarthy - 6. Another solid game, but shame about the careless error which gave Watford the free-kick for their first goal.

Stearman - 5. Some useful touches, but only Levein could think he's any more of a left-back than Nissa.

Sylla - 3. Just HOW often can a player give the ball away in one game? Should have been subbed well before he was, and he actually looked surprised at the decision!

Kisnorbo - 4. Many players have performed with distinction while wearing the FOXES captain's armband. He's not one of them. Enough said.

Gudjonsson - 8. Excellent display, and not just for his goals. If only we'd had a passer alongside him. I hope those who called on here pre-match for him to be dropped have the guts to apologise to the rest of us.

Smith - 7. Faded out of the game for long spells, but showed spark and enthusiasm that too many of his colleagues lacked.

Hammond - 5. Decent strikers know how to break offside traps. Elvis doesn't. Simple as.

De Vries - 5. Never threatened to add to his goals tally. Showed why some are nostalgic about Benjamin.

Subs

Hughes - 5. Suffered badly by being played out of position (see Stearman)

Dublin - 2. A shockingly lazy performance, summed up by THAT miss. He should be left to rot in the reserves until his contract expires.

Tiatto - 5. Contributed nothing, positive or negative. Should really have been brought on for Stearman and not Smith.

Levein's performance - 4 - This is the first time I have been truly disappointed with your tactics. Where I was sitting, we were all pleading for Hume to come on for a knackered Elvis. It seemed imperative against 10 men to have some pace upfront and threaten them on the counter or try and push them back.

Seriously, I can understand why you would want to bring a more defensive player like Tiatto on, but it makes no sense taking off your most dangerous player. Take off Elvis, take off Dublin, but do not take off your most attacking threat. Yes, I was/am still annoyed at the throwing away of points.

The best way to threaten any opposition is with pace and trickery, something we have seriously lacked all the time craigs been a manager here.

Craig has shown far too many times his desire not to conceed ahead of his desire to attack then win.

Never in my life have I seen so many different opinions on Stearman last night! I am with the bunch that thought he was excellent, but some thought he was shocking? Bizarro.

Douglas 2 - It's always been rumoured that brickies don't like working in the cold and Douglas showed this last night. willy puller

Maybury 6 - Thought he looked good for the majority of the match but where was he for their second goal? He was better than he has been though

Gerrbrand 7 - Not as good as the Preston/Southampton games but still finds defending pretty easy and is great taking the ball out of defence.

McCarthy 7 - Wasn't troubled too much and mopped up well. Captain please.

Stearman 8 - I thought Stearman was back to his best last night. Started off shaky but once at left back he was excellent and his passing and surging runs were extremely useful. The ref was penalising him loads last night for challenges that didn't warrant a free-kick.

Sylla 5 - He's like a good-cop/bad-cop. He annoys the **** out of me but every time I shout abuse at him, he then goes and does something good and makes me look a twat. I just wish he's use his talent more as he has lots of it.

Gudjonsson 8 - Was shocking for the first 25 minutes but then sprung in to life and his 2 goals were vital. Unlucky not to get a hat-trick, if he can do that more often i'll be happy. He's getting better and better at going forward.

Kisnorbo 2 - Words fail me.

Smith 9* - Words can't describe how good he is, and he loves it here.

Elvis 6 - Looked alot better than against Southampton but didn't carve any openings for himself and was offside about 15 times in the second half. Not a patch on Hume.

de Vries 7 - Good first half and won alot in the aitr but Elvis didn't back him up. Second half he wasn't as good but I think without de Vries upfront we'd be even poorer.

Subs:

Dublin 4 - Moron

Tiatto - Twat

Hughes - Albino

Never in my life have I seen so many different opinions on Stearman last night! I am with the bunch that thought he was excellent, but some thought he was shocking? Bizarro.

Douglas 2 - It's always been rumoured that brickies don't like working in the cold and Douglas showed this last night. willy puller

Maybury 6 - Thought he looked good for the majority of the match but where was he for their second goal? He was better than he has been though

Gerrbrand 7 - Not as good as the Preston/Southampton games but still finds defending pretty easy and is great taking the ball out of defence.

McCarthy 7 - Wasn't troubled too much and mopped up well. Captain please.

Stearman 8 - I thought Stearman was back to his best last night. Started off shaky but once at left back he was excellent and his passing and surging runs were extremely useful. The ref was penalising him loads last night for challenges that didn't warrant a free-kick.

Sylla 5 - He's like a good-cop/bad-cop. He annoys the **** out of me but every time I shout abuse at him, he then goes and does something good and makes me look a twat. I just wish he's use his talent more as he has lots of it.

Gudjonsson 8 - Was shocking for the first 25 minutes but then sprung in to life and his 2 goals were vital. Unlucky not to get a hat-trick, if he can do that more often i'll be happy. He's getting better and better at going forward.

Kisnorbo 2 - Words fail me.

Smith 9* - Words can't describe how good he is, and he loves it here.

Elvis 6 - Looked alot better than against Southampton but didn't carve any openings for himself and was offside about 15 times in the second half. Not a patch on Hume.

de Vries 7 - Good first half and won alot in the aitr but Elvis didn't back him up. Second half he wasn't as good but I think without de Vries upfront we'd be even poorer.

Subs:

Dublin 4 - Moron

Tiatto - Twat

Hughes - Albino

It's a small thing but Hammond had a goal disallowed for offside. I didn't get the imprssion there was much in it ... just like at Derby. Surely he could be coached out of his tendency not to allow for his pace beating the linesman as well as the opposition!

It's a small thing but Hammond had a goal disallowed for offside. I didn't get the imprssion there was much in it ... just like at Derby. Surely he could be coached out of his tendency not to allow for his pace beating the linesman as well as the opposition!

You'd like tot hink so as the fans can see it clearly but he's showed no signs of doing so, which either indicates he can't or the manager hasn't the skills to iradicate it from his game.

Stearman 8 - I thought Stearman was back to his best last night. Started off shaky but once at left back he was excellent and his passing and surging runs were extremely useful. The ref was penalising him loads last night for challenges that didn't warrant a free-kick. .

Then why was he still making them? If Tiatto had played like that he would have been slaughtered on here.

And if Nissa had played like that, he'd have been slaughtered by the management.

While some may be encouraged to see promising local talent given opportunities in the first team, the fact remains that STEARMAN IS NOT A LEFT BACK.

If Paul ifill plays against him on Saturday for the blades, he'll rip him to shreds!

Bring Sheehan in.

Douglas 4 - **** all to do all night, apparently at fault for their equaliser, I can't really remember.

Maybury 5 - a bit shaky I thought. Fair enough to change wingers from side to side but full-backs? A bit dodgy. Started on the left and we looked better at that point defensively.

Stearman 7 - thought he was good.

Gerrbrand 8 - very solid

McCarthy 7

Smith 8 - exciting talent but in and out of the game too much out wide, we desperately need to play him in the middle. Looked a bit tired/lazy second half and some of his through balls were a bit off. That said, he does look head and shoulders above anyone else in the team in an attacking sense.

Gudjonsson 7

Kisnorbo 4

Sylla 5

Hammond 3 - shocking footballer. Most of our attacking woes stem from him. Get Hume in the ****ing team before it's too late. He might be no better but at least give him a chance. This bloke is useless.

de Vries 5

Subs:

Tiatto 3 (half of the reason we lost the game)

Dublin 3 (the other half)

Hughes 4 - get involved for ****'s sake.

-

last night frustrated the hell out of me. I thought at first he'd brought Hume on for Smith. When I realised it was in fact Tiatto I knew we were going to lose. Dublin's miss was atrocious, he had masses of time to do whatever the hell he wanted and instead he just casually sidefoots it wide without even taking a proper touch. Once that went wide you just knew it was coming.

We didn't play well. They looked far better when they went down to ten men but still didn't create a hell of a lot. Kisnorbo's performance baffled me because the last game I went to was Watford away when he was one of the best players on the pitch. Same opposition and he looked lost last night. One thing's for sure, Sheffield United will kill us on Saturday if Kisnorbo, Sylla and Hammond all play. We desperately need Hughes and Hume in the side.

Then why was he still making them? If Tiatto had played like that he would have been slaughtered on here.

And if Nissa had played like that, he'd have been slaughtered by the management.

While some may be encouraged to see promising local talent given opportunities in the first team, the fact remains that STEARMAN IS NOT A LEFT BACK.

If Paul ifill plays against him on Saturday for the blades, he'll rip him to shreds!

Bring Sheehan in.

I agree that Stearman isn't a left back and don't want to see him there regularly unless Levein refuses to play him anywhere else. I and many others thought Stearman played well last night and I and many others thought the refereee was a cooont that gave very dodgy free-kicks to Watford. Should Stearman have stopped committing challenges because the ref's was a twat? If he did and the Watford players then starting taking him on then i'd suggest not mate.

Whether he was or not, and I'm in the well done camp, how refreshing it was to see a right-sided player able to use their left foot in an effective and skill full manner.

As for the fouls yet another referee who thinks football should be a none contact sport - if anyone is interested in conspiracy theories there's a good one to investigate - FIFA's intention to erase all contact in 11 aside football.

Whether he was or not, and I'm in the well done camp, how refreshing it was to see a right-sided player able to use their left foot in an effective and skill full manner.

As for the fouls yet another referee who thinks football should be a none contact sport - if anyone is interested in conspiracy theories there's a good one to investigate - FIFA's intention to erase all contact in 11 aside football.

Yes, using his left foot to give the ball away with long punts upfield. I don't blame him for that because he's naturally right footed, but he shouldn't get the sympathy vote for it. Similar to what has Ultra said, if that was Kisnorbo or Maybury playing there, they would have been slated.

And the way Stearman was challenging last night, he deserved to concede free kicks. All over his opponenent with his rash attempts to win the ball.

He looked very unbalanced there, very similar to the Celtic game. I admit he got forward well at times and created space for Smith, but wasn't particularly effective when in posession of the ball.

Douglas - 3 - Oh Rab, why did you do it? He had nothing to do all game, no saves to make. But he was at complete fault for their second goal. I can’t understand why he did it, they say all 'keepers as mad and I supposed this was just further proof

Stearman - 7 - Had some great moments when tackling back, battling with their players etc. Also when going forward and didn’t look overly uncomfortable when switched to left-back.... an indicator of his quality surely. He did have a couple of shaky moments but they are to be expected, and didn’t lead to anything bad.

Gerrbrand - 7 - made a few mistakes and showed a few nerves that I've not seen him display before, but still put in a solid performance. The one moment I particularly liked was when he ran with the ball from our penalty area to theirs then delivered a good pass.

McCarthy - 7 - solid performance again, I'm sure Levein meant him when he said he had a new captain in mind for next season. Showed good pace and ability to get forward, also was strong and stood up to their bigger players... won a lot of headers. The free kick he gave away for the first goal looked a little harsh to me.

Maybury - 5 - Was abysmal at left-back for the short time he played there, he was ripped to pieces. Was more solid when moved to right-back but still is nowhere near the player he was last season, he didn’t get forward at all, I still can’t understand what’s happened to him.

Sylla - 6 - He didn’t play badly, he didn't play well... an average performance. I thought he managed to get back and help the defence out adequately, I also thought that he did put in a couple of good balls, unfortunately they were not frequent enough.

Gudjonsson - 8 - My MOTM. It's strange, the best attacking performance from a central midfielder this season has come from a mostly defensive player! At times he seemed to be playing as a third striker he was in the box so much. Had a good headed chance in the second half, and was screaming into the box with the ball when he got hacked down (and their player got sent off). Great penalty, as goals go they're of the slightly easier kind to score but he was completely calm and put it away well. The first goal wasn't particularly skilful but he took the chance and shot, something most of our other players seem to be afraid to do. I'd probably have gone for a higher mark if he'd been as instrumental in the midfield as he was in the penalty area, I supposed the downside of him playing further up meant that he was less involved in the middle.

Kisnorbo - 5- I thought he started off the game well, in the first 15 minutes I remember wondering if he only played well against Watford... but after that he was back to his usual self. Patrick, we play in blue, try and remember that when passing the ball. The most frustrating moment was when we were at 2-2, desperate to get the ball into their area, someone passed it to Patrick and even though he was under no pressure he passed it back to Douglas...what was the point in that?!

Smith - 8 - Drifted out of the game when he wasn't being given the ball but when he was given the ball he made magic happen. I wasn't that convinced when I saw him against Southampton but he was great against Watford... Persistent, intelligent and showing skill and flair.

de Vries - 6 - a good solid performance as far as winning headers, keeping possession and holding up the ball was concerned.. but he’s a striker, not a midfielder, and he didn’t have a shot on target all game to my recollection.

Hammond - 7 - Probably played the best I've seen him play when starting a game. Got caught offside a bit but never blatantly so... he’s played so few first team games that its understandable, time will improve it. He kept the ball very well, the best instant I remember being when he dodged about three of their players and kept hold of the ball (sadly he then passed to Kisnorbo and...well...). I saw potential in Elvis on Tuesday, but it's going to take a while for it to kick in and whether he does it for us or not it will depend on how patient we are.

Subs:

Hughes - NA - didn't really make an impact

Dublin - NA - DION! What on earth was up with that chance you had?! Next time, just put it in the net, no need to try and be clever when you’re not!

Tiatto - NA - When Douglas tries to throw the ball out to you in a dangerous position, don't run away from it...

I looked over my ratings for the same fixture last year, horrifying... I'd forgotten that Micky played Heath at right-back in that game :cry::sick:

Archived