Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Ratings v watford

Douglas 6.5 didnt do owt wrong

maybury 6.5 in and out performance, not confident like he used to be

macarthy 7.5 very comfortable, leadership qualities

gerrbrand 7 as above

stearman 8 was very good considering the position and his age

sylla 6 couldnt hack 90mins, didnt get involved enough

joey 8 2 goals, but apart from that, very average

kisnorbo 6 donkey material

smith 9.5 fantastic MAN OF THE MATCH excellent running with the ball, brilliant trickery, MADE US TICK TOCK.

de lump 5 WHERES HUME???????????

hammond 6 caught offside TOO many times, but threatened slightly

subs:

tiatto 4 not in the game enough

dublin 3 should`ve scored, not good enough!!!

hughes 5.5 did ok, nothing to get excited about

levein 6 your team is LOOSING confidence in YOU and THEMSELVES, and you have an uphill job to keep your job, best of luck mate.

gerrbrand 7 as above

smith 9.5 fantastic MAN OF THE MATCH excellent running with the ball, brilliant trickery, MADE US TICK TOCK.

subs:

levein 6 your team is LOOSING confidence in YOU and THEMSELVES, and you have an uphill job to keep your job, best of luck mate.

Did you see who lost us posetion for their goal?

douglas 5 ( we are 2-1 up with 5 mins left and he throws it straight to them :mad: )

maybury 5 (fell asleep at far post for second goal)

stearman 7 (composed)

mccarthy 7 (steady)

gerrbrand 7 (looking the part , good ball playing defender)

sylla 5 ( offered nothing yet again)

kisnorbo 4 ( absolutely awful , PATRICK WE PLAY IN BLUE :mad: )

gudjohnson 8* ( heartbeat of the side , 2 goals and his powerful run got carlisle sent off)

smith 8 (mesmerising skill and good delevery )

de vries 6 ( bit unlucky tonight , still crap in the air but held ball up fairly well)

hammond 5 ( learn the offside rule man :mad: )

all subs 5

gerrbrand 7 as above

subs:

we know you dont like joey much lush but tonight he was far from average

Douglas 5 - Give Henderson a god damn chance

Maybury 6

McCarthy 8 - Passion

Gerrbrand 7

Stearman 7 - Had a good game considering he was out of position nearly all game. I remember the Celtic friendly pre season, he was playing left back and he had an absolute mare in that game.

Sylla 4 - I don't think he's interested, at all.

Gudjonsson 8 - The only midfielder that looks like scoring, and he along with McCarthy look like the only ones who really care.

Kisnorbo - 4 - Woeful, he only passes sideways or back. Captain material? This is getting beyond a joke it really is. First Tiatto, then De Vries, now this.

Smith 8 - Brilliant every time he was on the ball attacking with purpose, but didn't receive it enough, again. Our only real attacking threat. I can only fault him for looking for the perfect pass on one too many occasions, it would work for Arsenal for our players are thick.

De Vries - 4 - We will get nowhere with him up front.

Hammond - 5 - Offside Offside Offside Offside

subs:

Tiatto - 5

Dublin - 4 - He's a worse option to De Vries, missed a sitter, i think it was offside anyway.

Hughes - 4 - Did he touch the ball?

WHAT!!!!!

it was his fault for the equaliser. he should have held onto the ball insead of throwing itout quickly

The fans were baying for douglas to pass it...he passed the ball out to tiatio, but tiatio failed to get on the ball.

sparky, what did joey do in footballing terms that suggested he wasnt very average?

Mr c "The only midfielder that looks like scoring"

Why didnt he shoot on the edge of the area? I think kisnorbo`s "junior lewis" like performances are making him look good.

Douglas 5 gave away possession leading to goal. i think henderson deserves a chance.

maybury 6 decent performance his confidence seems to have gone a bit.

macarthy 7 looked comfortable, has leadership qualities

gerrbrand 7 him and macarthy seem to play well together

stearman 8 very good performance considering he played left back!

sylla 6 needs to take a leaf out of smiths book smith showed him how its suppose to be done!

joey 8 him or macarthy should be made captain. had a very good game! he cares about how we are doing! i bet he was gutted again!

kisnorbo 5 complete donkey

smith 9 **** exciting player, quality performance. make the most of watchn this player in a city shirt!

de lump 5 being the guy we all know him to be. looked a bit tired second half.

hammond 7 needs to time his runs n not get caught offside! unlucky to have his shot saved off line. offside. ripped 4/5 players before being taken out. offside.

subs:

tiatto - 5 needs to whip in crosses not float them in to no one. didnt play enough.

dublin 5 could have finished the game. unlucky. we all know hes a defender and just an emergency striker.

hughes 6 still getting back to full fitness.

Sorry Lush, but that's a joke.

Rab did nowt wrong but lose us the game, keep it up Rab C :cool:

Rab - 3

Stearman - 6 - Beaten too easily at times

McCarthy - 8

Gerrbrand - 8 - fecking class this lad.

Maybury - 6

Sylla - 5

Kisnorbo - 5 :rolleyes:

Gudjonsson - 8.5 - simple goals, but his all round display was good. Full of energy. Probably been our best played this season along with Gerrbrand.

Smith - 8 - He's something else, should never have been brought off.

de Vries - 5 - Didn't do much from what I could see, passionate though which is always good to see.

Hammond - 6 - some good build up play but he's no striker.

Subs:

Hughes - 5

Dion - 5

Tiatto - 4

Grr.

Douglas 6 - Didnt have much to do

Maybury 6 - Started badly but got better and more confident going down the flank.

Mccarthy 7- Won all his headers but sometimes lacks composure.

Gerrbrand 8 - Superb, skillful, plays with his head screwed on.

Stearman 7 - Did well considering he was out of position.

Sylla 6 - Took players on but needs to deliver better crosses, good to see him willing to run through the centre more.

Gudjonsson 7 - Took his goals well but otherwise was in and out of the game.

Kisnorbo 5 - All he can do is Jump and make the occasional easy pass, not a footballer.

Smith 9 - Man of the match, sublime skill and willingness to create, a vast improvement on the Southampton match and now we can see what this guys all about, a really exciting player with 1 assist as well.

De Vries 6 - Won headers but Hammond never read them, good close control and opened up a few gaps.

Hammond 4 - Woeful, can't stay onside and never closed their keeper down who couldnt kick.

Subs. Twatto 1 - Crap

Hughes 5 - Didn't do a lot

Dublin 4 - how did he miss?

Douglas - 6

Again wasn't tested much, but focked up big time for the second goal with his throw out to Twatto.

Maybury - 6

Looked out of sorts at left back, better at rightback, although was caught out by their winger a few times. Sucked in at the far post for their equaliser.

McCarthy - 7

Composed and dominant at the back.

Gerrbrand - 7

Tended to play a few wayward forward balls to Dublin/MDV, when there were options to pass short and build attacks from there. Generally defended well and was always calm in posession.

Stearman - 4

Is not a left back, Craig. He was crap against Celtic there, and I thought he may have learnt his lesson from that - obviously not. Looked very uncomfortable for large spells, especially as Watford's pacey forward line closed him down quickly sensing his unease.

Sylla - 6

Put some good crosses/corners, which makes a change. Still frustratingly inconsistent.

Kisnorbo - 3

Passing was abysmal, which we were lucky to get away with at times. He won a few headers and tackles, but he offers very little in the way of quality.

Gudjonsson - 7

As well as scoring the goals, he was all over the place, attempting to drive the team on. Put Kisnorbo to shame.

Smith - 8

The best player on the pitch. Showed his usual flashes of speed and trickery, and played a big part in the first goal with his run and low cross. Although Stearman was uncomfortable at left back, at least he attempted to support him down that flank, which seemed to create more space for Smith to run in to.

Hammond - 5

Just stay onside FFS. Some good runs and lays offs, but his lack of awareness holds us back.

de Vries - 5

Some good touches and play in the first half, but ineffective after that.

Subs:

Dublin - 2

Poo.

Twatto - 3

Slightly less poo.

Hughes - 5

Didn't get enough of the ball to make an impact.

What did he do to lose us the game? before you answer, bear in mind your the only one to think smith wasnt motm.

Erm, no I won't bare with you as it makes no difference, I still said he was 'something else' :rolleyes:

Rab lost us the game by throwing the ball out when in posession of it into an area where they could pick it up.

That they did and with players still in the box, they just had to cross it in and score simply as everyone was expecting him to kick the bloody thing.

He cost us the win with his stupidity - fact.

I do realise we didn't actually lose the game, just said that earlier as it bloody feels like a defeat.

Rab lost us the game by throwing the ball out when in posession of it into an area where they could pick it up.

That they did and with players still in the box, they just had to cross it in and score simply as everyone was expecting him to kick the bloody thing.

I understand that he could well`ve held onto the ball. Im also of the opinion that when he passed the ball to tiatio, tiatio was in acres of space, and failed to get on the ball quick enough allowing watford to nick it from him.

Even at that moment, there wasnt any serious danger, as we had numerous players in the box and should`ve dealt with a ball coming in. The fact that they managed to score, was just poor defending from that point onwards.

I haven't seen City play since the Sheffield Wednesday game at home a while back. I went to the game having read Kisnorbo was crab-like being only able to pass sideways.

This is the first time I have seen him play. I believed the team was an average side but what brought it down into complete mediocrity was the presence of Kisnorbo. It seemed he had no grip on the game, no presence or any skill for that matter. It seemed his inclusion was more of a hindrance than a help.

Attacking moves were broken down on more than one occasion by his lacklustre passing. Being captain in a key midfield "engine-room" position meant his performance had to be above most of the rest of the team if City were going to do well.

I thought the problem with the team was lying completely in midfield. Although the attack was by no means potent there was enough presence there to make some impact. Kisnorbo's performance was woeful. It did not instill any confidence in myself, the fans and most likely the rest of the team.

I would have also thought Hammond has had enough training by his age to learn how to beat the off-side trap. De Vries was more of an optical illusion in my opinion. Always the last to close down any player. Always the last to reach any loose ball. His one defing aspect being he can keep the ball between his feet while he is facing the rest of his team.

I felt pity for McCarthy, Gerbrand, Smith & Gudjonson. They are the back-bone for any future team this season akin to Elliott, Walsh, Lennon & Izzett.

One pleasureable aspect of the game was being able to see at such close range the amazing skill of Ryan Smith. I have never seen a player as skillful and intelligent wear the blue shirt in my short life. It truly was exhilirating seeing him with the ball at his feet.

Ratings wise McCarthy, Gerbrand, Smith & Gudjonson all receieve 8's and 9's out of 10. Stearman looked shaky at times but he didn't have a bad game. The rest of the team really need to ask themselves how they can call themselves top-class footballers when basic skills and tactical discipline was so obviously missing. I didn't understand the logic behind the substitutions other than as time-wasting efforts. The replacement of Smith was strange and did nothing to enhance Leicester's game in any way. Why Hume was not playing is another enigma.

I don't get to see City as often as I would like. I don't mind if we lose. I do get upset when I see a team claiming to play the beautiful game when it is quite apparent they are not. I'm finding my faith in Levein has been shaken considerably. Last season I saw huge signs of improvement only to see the work regressing as this season progresses. I'm hoping the players can rise to the "big occassion" and at least come away with some dignity after the game with Sheffield United.

Douglas 6 (Nothing to say of consequence)

Maybury 6 (Disgrace to play him left-back here he was overrun and could have cost us two goals in 15 minutes). Okay back where he belonged.

McCarthy 7.5 (Almost totally dominant, He or Gerrbrand should be captain).

Gerrbrand 7 (Sound enough)

Stearman 7.5 (Excellent against difficult opponents. Always early with his passes and hardly wasted one)

Sylla 6 (Thought he might even score once)

Kisnorbo 4 (What's he for?)

Joey 8.5 (Really wanted to win. Took responsibility. Got forward, Brace of goals, might have been three.)

Smith 9 (Wizard. Teased and tantalised all night. Once he went off it was a horror story)

MDV 6.5 (Taking him off for Dublin was ridiculous and unnecessary. Looked ugly as ever but was an okay link)

Hammond 7 (Worked hard. Might have had a goal. Always a threat)

Hughes 2 (Have still to see why everyone seems to rate him. Ridiculous substitution, like Dublin's)

Tiatto 2 (Nightmare. Hume should have been on for Smith)

Dublin 1 (Missed a tap in. No way a striker any longer. Cost us the match along with Levein's incomprehensible management)

Hume 7 (For remaining inside the ground despite being publicly insulted by Levein)

Levein 0 (So much of what he does defies logic. Still fails to pick his strongest side. Still plays people quite unnecessarily out of position and still makes utterly pointless substitutions for the sake of it). Cost us two points that the starting X1 had all but won.

The rest of the team really need to ask themselves how they can call themselves top-class footballers when basic skills and tactical discipline was so obviously missing. I didn't understand the logic behind the substitutions other than as time-wasting efforts. The replacement of Smith was strange and did nothing to enhance Leicester's game in any way. Why Hume was not playing is another enigma.

I'm hoping the players can rise to the "big occassion" and at least come away with some dignity after the game with Sheffield United.

They only consider themselves top-class footballers, when zzzzzzzzz`s are being made :D

Almost immediately after smith had been substituted by tiatio, they scored when tiatio couldnt grasp the focking ball, a basic skill not learnt.

Hume doesnt play because CL doesnt understand yet what a good enough player he is.

Hope seems to be all we have left :(

Dublin 1 (Missed a tap in. No way a striker any longer. Cost us the match along with Levein's incomprehensible management)

Hume 7 (For remaining inside the ground despite being publicly insulted by Levein)

Levein 0 (So much of what he does defies logic. Still fails to pick his strongest side. Still plays people quite unnecessarily out of position and still makes utterly pointless substitutions for the sake of it). Cost us two points that the starting X1 had all but won.

cobbo thinks dubs is our best captain :D:D

Wish i`d give hume 7 for the same reason, spot on there Thrach.

Im becoming completely bemused by CL now. I have a box of coffin nails if you have a hammer...

WHY THE FOCK IS IT THIS WAY, CRAIG YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR FOCKING DOING TO OUR CLUB, FOCK OFF, sorry im upset. This isnt right!!

They only consider themselves top-class footballers, when zzzzzzzzz`s are being made :D

Almost immediately after smith had been substituted by tiatio, they scored when tiatio couldnt grasp the focking ball, a basic skill not learnt.

Hume doesnt play because CL doesnt understand yet what a good enough player he is.

Hope seems to be all we have left :(

I think Smith had cramp or some sort of minor injury. He seemed to be stretching his legs and talking to the bench. Trouble is, when he went off, 10-man Watford no longer had to worry about marking him. They must have thought it was Christmas when Levein chucked on Tiatto who promptly turned up (in usual destructive style on the edge of our box).

Just about calmed down enough to post this. Yet another dismal performance. yes we played against a side who are top 3 but they had only 10 men for virtually all the second half. we were terrible for the first 30 minutes and only really played well for the last 10 minutes of the first half. we failed time after time to offer any real threat even with two wingers. how many saves did their keeper make in the entire match? less than 4? is this good enough when we are at home playing with 2 attacking wingers against 10 men for 45 minutes?

Douglas 3

culpable for their equaliser. could he have saved the first one? pressman without the waistline.

maybury 5

poor distribution. far away from the player of last season.

mccarthy 7

generally played well. pace useful at times.

gerrbrand 7

looking good. lacks pace but seems cool under pressure. some wayward passes but some good ones as well.

stearman 3.5

ok he was played out of position but he was poor for the first 15 minutes at right back. in the second half he gave away free kick after freekick (i counted 8) all in dangerous places. not his best game.

joey 8

good game from him. 2 goals. thought he was one of the few who really seemed to want it.

kisbnorbo 3

poor man's junior lewis.

sylla 5

flattered to deceive again. game in the second half was made for him but he failed to take his chance.

smith 8.5

excellent after a fairly unimpressive first 15 minutes. could he play down the middle as a striker?

hammond 5

offside how many times? looks about as threatening as a trifle.

de vries 5

again tried hard but simply he is not good enough. even less pace than usual and knackered after 70 mins why??

dublin 2

useless

hughes 4

poor today

tiatto 2

get rid and spend the wages on someone else.

:blush: Douglas 1 ( only had 2 saves to make didn't and gave possesion away t**t)

:cry: Maybury 3 ( dwells on the ball to long)

:huh: McCarthy 6 (poor positioning in first 1/2 hour, but picked up after that)

:) Gerrbrand 8 (solid performance)

:cry: Stearman 4 ( embarresmant must be Leveins for playin the poor lad out of position again)

:ermm: Sylla 2 (wasn't interested)

:devil: Smith 8.5 (on fire looks a touch of class)

:whistle: Gudjonsson 9 (ran the show)

:mad: Kisbo 1 ( How has this bloke made it as a professional footballer?? fraudster)

:mellow: De Vries 6 (unlucky things didn't really bounce for him)

:cry: Elvis 3 ( come on how many times )

Subs Tiatto 3 (sh*t) , Hughes 2 (as bad as Sylla), Dublin 3 (centre half at best)

Levein -15 ( this blokes been given too much time, get him out FOCKIN SWEATY SOCK)

Douglas-5 Did ok except for there last goal!

Maybury- 6

Stearman-7

Gerrbrand-7 -looks quite good

Mccarthy- 6

Sylla black- 3- useless, and he stormed down the tunnel when he was subbed off!

Gudjonsson 8-(maybe give him a go a captain next?

Kisnorbo- 2 Stick to surfing you thick aussie

Smith- 9 class above everyone out there. I wish he was ours!

De Vries-5 dross

Hammond-1 Shocking player cant shoot, no control and cant stay onside, sack him with levein!

Levein Out!

Douglas 6

Maybury 6

Stearman 5

Gerrbrand 8 - quality

McCarthy 8 - future captain

Sylla - 5 wake up

Smith - 9 joint Motm absolute class

Gudjonsson 9 joint Motm here there evrywhere, 2 goals.

Kisnorbo 4 OUT

De Vries - 6 Nothing fell for him

Hammond 6 worked hard, but always offside

The main question is why bring our mst skillful player and best of the night off, when we have the momentum going with us when we are defending a corner?

something needs to be sorted out.

Archived