Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Eventful day!

So, two out, none in. Wonderful. Levein needs to bring in players, good players in Jan!

My predictions:

4 in:

A Left Back - Levein, unfortunately doesn't rate Sheehan

A CREATIVE centre mid - We need to create chances

A right winger - to provide competition for Sylla

A striker - who can score goals!

Out:

Williams - I think this is nailed on.

Gilbert - Levein doesn't rate him

Wright - see above

Wilcox? - I don't think so, but Levein may want to bring in some cash

Nisse? - I hope not, Levein is a right arsehole for saying those things about him. The only positive we'd achieve by letting him leave this club is that we'd receive quite a bit of cash for him.

So, two out, none in. Wonderful. Levein needs to bring in players, good players in Jan!

My predictions:

4 in:

Out:

Wright - see above

Nisse? - I hope not, Levein is a right arsehole for saying those things about him. The only positive we'd achieve by letting him leave this club is that we'd receive quite a bit of cash for him.

I guarantee nobody would pay money for him, we got him on a bosman and he's mediocre we'd be lucky to oofload him and not pay a percentage of his wages.

So you don't think he's of benefit to the team? (honest question)

Yes and No. He's extremely slow and has been caught out at centre back when playing high up the pitch like Levein wants the centre halves to play. At left back he's looked to me abit better as he's stood his ground and won alot in the air, which full-backs often don't do. The problem there though is he isn't natural going forward and the left winger suffers from it, it was no coincidence that Smith was back to his best on tuesday with Stearman pushing forward to help him and give him the ball more aswell.

I wouldn't want to see him go, but he's not as influential as some people make out and Gerrbrand and McCarthy are better IMO. He won't stay if he's not playing regularly at centre half though.

The cynic in me says he is doing this as it is more difficult to hit a moving target. What do I mean? If CL is seen to be doing something then the flak coming his way is more difficult to hit him. :( <_<

My predictions:

4 in:

Out:

Wright - see above

Nisse? - I hope not, Levein is a right arsehole for saying those things about him. The only positive we'd

achieve by letting him leave this club is that we'd receive quite a bit of cash for him.

I wonder why all his coaches seem to rate Sheehan and 80 per cent of the fans but Levein doesn't. I've still not heard the question put to Levein - or any answer. Considering his lousy judgement over Gilbert, and Nils, and Sylla, and Kisnorbo, and Tiatto (who became captain), and Hammond, and Hume who he ignores despite paying £0.5 million for him, doesn't he perhaps wonder if he might be wrong for the umpteenth time.

Not that it matters much to me. I've seen and heard enough of him and the sooner he's gone the better.

Archived