Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Journalistic ref

Leicester City and Sheffield United contrived to produce the most thrilling football probably ever seen at the Walkers Stadium.

Six goals, ebb and flo attacking football, wonderful individual skills, delightful passages of intricate passing, wholehearted commitment and what happens...

Somehow the referee manages to book 10 players. Ten!

For what? I only saw one tackle a frustrated hack at one of our lads on the West Stand touchline towards the end that I would describe as a cynical and dangerous foul - and that was only cos we were playing the clock down (unnecessarily) and the defender had just had enough.

Was the ref angling for a job as a journalist cos he never stopped writing and was last seen having treatment for repetitive strain injury in the children's ward of Leicester Royal Infirmary.

At least that's where he should have been cos there wasn't an 'appeth of malice in the game - just honest endeavour and the best advert for the beautiful game I've seen in ages.

It started right with the clapping tribute to George Best (so much more appropriate than silence) and the game could have served as a tribute too. Indeed if he finds out he's missing matches like this I'm sure he'll be back- at least in spirt before long.

Don't know how long he'll find a seat though if they carry on like that :)

PS: Do spirits need seats?

Was the ref angling for a job as a journalist cos he never stopped writing and was last seen having treatment for repetitive strain injury in the children's ward of Leicester Royal Infirmary.

It started right with the clapping tribute to George Best (so much more appropriate than silence) and the game could have served as a tribute too. Indeed if he finds out he's missing matches like this I'm sure he'll be back- at least in spirt before long.

Don't know how long he'll find a seat though if they carry on like that :)

PS: Do spirits need seats?

Apparently blanderson`s looking to be a ref ;):D

I didnt realise i was supposed to clap for a whole minute :ermm: Good call Thrach, George would`ve been pleased with the display on show.

Thrach, there was certainly spirits where i was, but it wasnt the human kind :thumbup::)

Apparently blanderson`s looking to be a ref ;):D

I didnt realise i was supposed to clap for a whole minute :ermm: Good call Thrach, George would`ve been pleased with the display on show.

Thrach, there was certainly spirits where i was, but it wasnt the human kind :thumbup::)

Now you're making me jealous :P

Changing the subject ever so slightly regarding the minutes clapping in honour of George Best, my experience of this was ruined by Henry blowing his trumpet throughout it right behind me in the West Stand. It made a mockery out of it and was seriously out of tune and im not happy. I could see what he was trying to do but it was in poor taste in my opinion.

Booking Mybury after taking an elbow in his face, giving Sheff Utd corners and throw ins when it was blatantly obvious their player put the ball out, booking players needlessly on both sides. Don't you love it when the ref tries to take centre stage?

Booking Mybury after taking an elbow in his face, giving Sheff Utd corners and throw ins when it was blatantly obvious their player put the ball out, booking players needlessly on both sides. Don't you love it when the ref tries to take centre stage?

maybury should of been sent off for his reaction

maybury should of been sent off for his reaction

That's as 'Maybury' (sorry, couldn't resist), but is it any wonder players react when the officials are that incompetent?

That's as 'Maybury' (sorry, couldn't resist), but is it any wonder players react when the officials are that incompetent?

'Maybury' has a right to be mad when these decisons are being gave but he has also got to learnt hat once the decision has been made, the Ref is not going to change his mind

i see the line where your avata should be is absolutly true then

Indeedy.

'Maybury' has a right to be mad when these decisons are being gave but he has also got to learnt hat once the decision has been made, the Ref is not going to change his mind

True, he's already been sent off once this season. However, if I was in his shoes, I'd probably react in the same way, but that's because I've got a particularly nasty temper. In fact, the abuse I was giving the ref during that incident yesterday will probably confirm that.

Archived