Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

Croatia v Morocco - 3rd Place Play Off - BBC One 3pm Saturday.

Fair play to Morocco and Croatia for actually making a game of it, but it's just so pointless. Aside from lining the already full pockets of FIFA, it really serves no purpose. Just imagine the FA introducing a play off for the losing semi finalists of the FA Cup. Actually, don't they'd think it was a great idea!!

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Fair play to Morocco and Croatia for actually making a game of it, but it's just so pointless. Aside from lining the already full pockets of FIFA, it really serves no purpose. Just imagine the FA introducing a play off for the losing semi finalists of the FA Cup. Actually, don't they'd think it was a great idea!!

This is the world cup..ask the players if they think it's worth it...

Coming 3rd & 4th ups the rankings & ratings....Some arrogant rich ,comfy social media fans might find it pointless...

Others around the world love following it..

There as always been non-descript-fans,who put their arrogance over others...Croatia & Morroco have earned that recognition they are getting,and will treat this has a target & commendation,when discussing with other OTT arrogant fans..

Croatia...4half million people..

Morroco the First African nation...!

You can make your own balkan-mixed grill , Couscous & Tagine next time...!!

Wisdom drifts on the breeze of the Sirroco, ignorance slumbers & is lost among the desert of the Atlas/Balkland mountain goats...:P

Edited by fuchsntf

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This is the world cup..ask the players if they think it's worth it...

Coming 3rd & 4th ups the rankings & ratings....Some arrogant rich ,comfy social media fans might find it pointless...

Others around the world love following it..

There as always been non-descript-fans,who put their arrogance over others...Croatia & Morroco have earned that recognition they are getting,and will treat this has a target & commendation,when discussing with other OTT arrogant fans..

Croatia...4half million people..

Morroco the First African nation...!

You can make your own balkan-mixed grill , Couscous & Tagine next time...!!

Wisdom drifts on the breeze of the Sirroco, ignorance slumbers & is lost among the desert of the Atlas/Balkland mountain goats...:P

Come on, it's a pointless game.

Nobody wants to play in that match, there's no need for it at all.

Let the losing semi finalists both have bronze medals and let them go home.

Nobody gave a shit 4 years ago when we played Belgium. 

I was running a pub at that time, we were packed for every single game, packed to capacity. 

About 15 people turned up and watched the third place play off.

It's literally there for FIFA to make more cash.

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Come on, it's a pointless game.

Nobody wants to play in that match, there's no need for it at all.

Let the losing semi finalists both have bronze medals and let them go home.

Nobody gave a shit 4 years ago when we played Belgium. 

I was running a pub at that time, we were packed for every single game, packed to capacity. 

About 15 people turned up and watched the third place play off.

It's literally there for FIFA to make more cash.

Oh come on..That's the English arrogance...we ain't the world...

Oh & look how happy the players WERE!!   Belgium,England,Spain,Germany would bite your hand off...

& You run a pub..!  Usually landlords know not just their own Clientel..

Perspective of other people outside ones own sphere of customers,mates,relations,opens doors to other Bars,clubs,pubs..

There are other football,& life cultures off the Isles...

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Oh come on..That's the English arrogance...we ain't the world...

Oh & look how happy the players WERE!!   Belgium,England,Spain,Germany would bite your hand off...

& You run a pub..!  Usually landlords know not just their own Clientel..

Perspective of other people outside ones own sphere of customers,mates,relations,opens doors to other Bars,clubs,pubs..

There are other football,& life cultures off the Isles...

Sorry mate, I just don't agree on this one.

Losing a semi is painful, hard to get up for a game that really doesn't mean anything.

It's just a glorified friendly to make more cash.

And I definitely don't think those countries you named would bite their hands off.

The players would rather go home for a rest.

We don't have a third place play off in the euro's. Or pretty much any tournament. 

Would you have all the losing quarter finalists playing off for 5th place? 

33 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Sorry mate, I just don't agree on this one.

Losing a semi is painful, hard to get up for a game that really doesn't mean anything.

It's just a glorified friendly to make more cash.

And I definitely don't think those countries you named would bite their hands off.

The players would rather go home for a rest.

We don't have a third place play off in the euro's. Or pretty much any tournament. 

Would you have all the losing quarter finalists playing off for 5th place? 

Talk to them,listen to interviews years after....Brag,proud and earned achievers,with names..

English Fans get frustrated,listen to Italian,Spanish,French,German,& bloody Brazilians, &Argentina,they will tell you how proud in reaching regularly top 4...

Mind you..good banter,love debating with you...now go and serve that nice group of Croatians in the snug...

Oh we have in various sports & Olympics...3rd & fourth placings.

Bronze is also an achievement..

PB. even if it's under 10th place, are aims,targets & achievements....

I / you might not of been the best..

Landlord, Engineer,IT-Tech,Electrician,but one even in sport, as life can be proud of achieving levels...

How many ex,-players have been proud just to play 2-4th leagues football..,or managed in the regional leagues.

My days are now few,I have never  stood on a table to say "look at me"

I have put on a Tigers shirt,I have competed for English Athletics youth,until injuries whipped it away( no complaints,just life)

I travelled all 4 corners & long curves on expeditions around the globe...I was one of the youngest landlords.                 ( Everards) Choice gastronomy or Engin. I went back to the tech-side..with travel  

Sponsorship,like many of my generation ,never had ( what I consider) top women & men of years far gone...Sometimes one can be happy on the journey one takes, & in our cynical modern lives forget winning is all...

The journey,to the near misses or little steps for 

Careers, Calling,profession, sports and life itself is the achievement within itself...