Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

This will be unpopular and although I don’t like to see that type of performance they are also human too who deserve the time with their families at Christmas. Regardless of whether they earn £££s more.. 

Hmmm, I get your point, but they’re not the only people working at this time of year, and the majority of those work 8+ hours on Christmas Day for much much less money. Imagine a nurse putting in a half arsed shift. Sorry, that’s got a touch too political 😂😂😂

 

With that said, I wouldn’t be opposed to matches all being on 27th either.

Edited by phoneticerror
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're one of the absolute worst on boxing day in general. I have no idea why it is but we must have as bad a record as anybody.

W1 D1 L7 in our 9 Boxing Day games since promotion. 

 

Tbf we've had a lot of tough fixtures: 6 against big 6 clubs (including 2 each against Man City and Liverpool) and then Newcastle yesterday, which goes some way to explaining our poor record, I guess.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
Posted
3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Half of the clubs played at home. Most of them would’ve had a similar Christmas schedule and Boxing Day fixture preparation.

I don't know if they would have but let's say, for the sake of argument, that they do. As you way, half of those clubs are home... and half are obviously away, so perhaps that simple difference is enough to provide sufficient distance to give an edge. The away side are breaking the Christmas spirit that bit sooner and going back into the team environment that bit sooner.

  • Like 1
Posted
24 minutes ago, taupe said:

100% agree. Perhaps we shouldn't be expecting them to play on Boxing Day, as someone else suggested. I dunno. It's such a tradition.

So was Christmas Day until the late 50s, in fact they played the same team home and away 25/26 so no reason why they couldn't stop playing Boxing Day, I love boxing day games although not so much if it's like that.

Posted

What we (I?) need is a stato to come up with some percentages. What's the usual away win percentage over the course of a season compared to the Boxing Day stat.

 

Volunteers? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...