Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Very Nearly...

I very nearly forget to mention this at all... Guess it might be of some limited interest to some people.

As some of you probably know, I live in the south-east. You know... over priced housing, lots of illegal immigrants and no good football teams? (Before you say it - NO I don't live in London!)

Anyway, I was out in the pub last night and some fellas came in. My mate pointed at some fella and tried to convince me it was an ex-Leicester player. I took one look at him and thought, no chance..

Later on, another fella I know said the same thing (A Gills fan).

It was... the reason I thought it wasn't him was because he had some false/fake teeth in!

It was our very own Iwan.

He didn't half look sheepish in the face of all my chanting. He was, afterall, in a sleepy, village pub with friends. I suppose the bit about him living in a Leicester council flat with Julian Joachim brought back some memories for the big, ginger, goalscoring machine though.

Just thought I'd share. It really made my night for some reason!

I very nearly forget to mention this at all... Guess it might be of some limited interest to some people.

As some of you probably know, I live in the south-east. You know... over priced housing, lots of illegal immigrants and no good football teams? (Before you say it - NO I don't live in London!)

Anyway, I was out in the pub last night and some fellas came in. My mate pointed at some fella and tried to convince me it was an ex-Leicester player. I took one look at him and thought, no chance..

Later on, another fella I know said the same thing (A Gills fan).

It was... the reason I thought it wasn't him was because he had some false/fake teeth in!

It was our very own Iwan.

He didn't half look sheepish in the face of all my chanting. He was, afterall, in a sleepy, village pub with friends. I suppose the bit about him living in a Leicester council flat with Julian Joachim brought back some memories for the big, ginger, goalscoring machine though.

Just thought I'd share. It really made my night for some reason!

Great story, I love hearing those sort of tales, isn't he a coach or something at Gillingham?

PS My Sister lives in Walmer near Deal is that anywhere near?

He actually played earlier this season for the Gills for a bit, I think he's coaching there now. To be honest, I should have asked him.

He really is a tall guy!

Deal isn't too far off, nice place as well.

It is a nice place I visited it September 2004, that was before my sister moved there though.

He's left Gillingham I think due to him not having a good working relationship with Neale Cooper, who has also recently left.

I think he's retired then. Seems he might have settled in the area.

Either way, the man is a legend and seeing him actually made my night!

I was born in Gillingham :ph34r: I also bumped into Big Iwan on valentines day last year! I was stayin in the Hilton at Cov with the missus (spoiler I know) and we bumped into him coming out of the Leisure club. I don't know who was more embarrassed him or my missus as i started into song " Iwan.. Iwan Iwan.. Iwan Iwan.. Iwan Iwan Roberts (to the tune 'There's No Limits') Very embarrassing...apparently! Well you just get star struck don't ya! :unsure:

Archived