Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Leicester City V Crewe - Ticket Question

Are the ticketes priced at £5 for adults and £1 for children if you collect the tokens from the Leicester Mercury? Or do you not have to collect the tokens and still get in for the above prices? :S

£3 if you buy online... that seems to be the best deal?!?!? (if I remember well)

£3 if you buy online... that seems to be the best deal?!?!? (if I remember well)

Only for kids.

This whole offer is a load of spin. For an adult is costs £8 (unless you get all the vouchers from the Mercury, but who can be arsed with that?). If you get the vouchers it's £5 off.

But if you buy it for £8 online you also have to pay an admin charge of 76p or something similar, and then you have to pay for postage and packaging which costs £1.50. So in total you still have to pay around £10.30 whereas if you buy from the ticket office it's only a tenner.

Only for kids.

This whole offer is a load of spin. For an adult is costs £8 (unless you get all the vouchers from the Mercury, but who can be arsed with that?). If you get the vouchers it's £5 off.

But if you buy it for £8 online you also have to pay an admin charge of 76p or something similar, and then you have to pay for postage and packaging which costs £1.50. So in total you still have to pay around £10.30 whereas if you buy from the ticket office it's only a tenner.

It's still a decent deal, but go on why not moan for the hell of it! :D

It's still a decent deal, but go on why not moan for the hell of it! :D

I'm not doubting that it's a very good deal and I will be buying it for £10 regardless, but I don't like the way the Club and the Mercury are trying to mislead people by saying "buy tickets from £3".

that isnt misleading. they are saying buy tickets from £3. nowhere does it say adult tickets will be £3 or anything like that. ofcourse promotions always have catches & rules & regs. you just need to be aware of them. im hoping for 25k plus at crewe on the 17th. it would be more but i cant see crewe bringing alot of fans. 1000 at the most right?

that isnt misleading. they are saying buy tickets from £3. nowhere does it say adult tickets will be £3 or anything like that. ofcourse promotions always have catches & rules & regs. you just need to be aware of them. im hoping for 25k plus at crewe on the 17th. it would be more but i cant see crewe bringing alot of fans. 1000 at the most right?

Well technically then you can't buy tickets for £3 - because when you add on the admin charge it comes to £3.85 minimum (I've just checked this right now)... even if you pick up the ticket rather than get it delivered.

In my book that's misleading. If you say you can buy a ticket from £3, then £3 should be the minimum price it is sold, not £3.85.

The club may as well start advertising the matchday ticket prices excluding VAT if they think this is acceptable.

Only for kids.

Well I certainly won't be going. That extra 30p is outrageous, shameless and an insult to all fans. :P How dare they.

Well technically then you can't buy tickets for £3 - because when you add on the admin charge it comes to £3.85 minimum (I've just checked this right now)... even if you pick up the ticket rather than get it delivered.

In my book that's misleading. If you say you can buy a ticket from £3, then £3 should be the minimum price it is sold, not £3.85.

The club may as well start advertising the matchday ticket prices excluding VAT if they think this is acceptable.

ok so 85p seems a big sum to you, but do you get this edgy in shops when they say they'll charge you £1.50 to pay via your card? do you decline and say no i wont buy the £200 ammount of clothing or xmas pressies for loved ones as i dont want to pay this £1.50. if i go down to the ticket office tomorrow and take 5 tokens from the mercury with me i will get a ticket for £3 if i pay by cash. if i cant pay by cash i'll withdraw a tenner from the ATM machine they have in there. yes it costs you 85p extra if you order online but im sure someone living outside of Leicester or even Leicestershire who can't get to the ticket office will still be pleased they have got a ticket to a game for less than £4. or would you rather they sold all tickets at £4 to everyone no bullshit, no lies, no extra charges? i think your just moaning for the hell of it Anish, its one hell of a good offer and as a STH myself i may feel a bit hard done by having paid over £220 to keep my seat for every home game this season, yet any part time pete has had multiple offers already this year (kids for quid, tokens in the merc, £10 if accompanied by a STH, cheaper tickets for members etc etc) but i dont be-grudge any offer LCFC do aslong as they are getting the fans through those turnstiles each saturday.

ok so 85p seems a big sum to you, but do you get this edgy in shops when they say they'll charge you £1.50 to pay via your card? do you decline and say no i wont buy the £200 ammount of clothing or xmas pressies for loved ones as i dont want to pay this £1.50. if i go down to the ticket office tomorrow and take 5 tokens from the mercury with me i will get a ticket for £3 if i pay by cash. if i cant pay by cash i'll withdraw a tenner from the ATM machine they have in there. yes it costs you 85p extra if you order online but im sure someone living outside of Leicester or even Leicestershire who can't get to the ticket office will still be pleased they have got a ticket to a game for less than £4. or would you rather they sold all tickets at £4 to everyone no bullshit, no lies, no extra charges? i think your just moaning for the hell of it Anish, its one hell of a good offer and as a STH myself i may feel a bit hard done by having paid over £220 to keep my seat for every home game this season, yet any part time pete has had multiple offers already this year (kids for quid, tokens in the merc, £10 if accompanied by a STH, cheaper tickets for members etc etc) but i dont be-grudge any offer LCFC do aslong as they are getting the fans through those turnstiles each saturday.

Good Post/Point

85p isn't a big sum to me. :rolleyes:

And yes, if a shop I went to buy something from charged me £1.50 extra if I paid by card, I wouldn't pay by card. It's simple. It's not that I can't afford the extra 85p or £1.50, it's the principle. Why should they charge me more money to pay by card, when it's more convenient, and more secure for them? Yes the credit card companies charge the retailers for card transactions, but the more card transactions a retailer has the less security men/couriers they need to bank the money.

When LCFC started charging an extra £1.50 for card transactions when you purchased match day tickets using debit/credit cards, I started paying by cheques.

I'm not saying it's not a good offer, and I'm not moaning for the sake of it. This is an online offer only from the Mercury, so you can't go down to the ticket office and pay them £3, you have to pay by card and incure the admin charges, so as far as I'm concerned you can't possibly buy a ticket for £3 - which is what I'm arguing about.

It's a minor point but valid nonetheless.

no it isnt. if i get 5 tokens from the mercury and take them tomorrow and ask for a young adults ticket (priced £8) i get £5 off, therefore paying only £3 if i pay by cash. problem solved i think.

if you are to carry on moaning about the price dont blame it on LCFC it happens everywhere, the club are not ripping us off they are pretty much forced to incur these charges on us.

and by the way i wasnt saying 85p is a big sum to you dont take it the wrong way.

I see your point and agree with you. I don't like misleading information, even if it just barely misleading.

Going slightly on a tangent, last week I bought some royal jelly on ebay. It "said fresh royal jelly", "high quality supplement" and had cartoon-type pictures of bees. It gave the impression of home-made product. What arrived was a low-cost industrial supplement, whose brand was nowhere in the product description. I call that misleading. Although it was cheap, it was not what it was purported to be. Hence I am not happy!

So, the question is not, "well, it's cheap anyway, so we don't care". But rather...

It should be/do what it says on the tin!

I see your point and agree with you. I don't like misleading information, even if it just barely misleading.

Going slightly on a tangent, last week I bought some royal jelly on ebay. It "said fresh royal jelly", "high quality supplement" and had cartoon-type pictures of bees. It gave the impression of home-made product. What arrived was a low-cost industrial supplement, whose brand was nowhere in the product description. I call that misleading. Although it was cheap, it was not what it was purported to be. Hence I am not happy!

So, the question is not, "well, it's cheap anyway, so we don't care". But rather...

It should be/do what it says on the tin!

but this is a different arguement. you get people like that on ebay trying to make a quick buck by flogging off things as other things etc. LCFC do warn you of the card charges before you pay for tickets online, so you can decide then if you want to pay or not, but also if you buy five mercurys it will cost you around £1.50 and maybe more, on the other hand you could just mug a paper boy (i dont condone this) or nick your grans/relatives/friends mercurys to get £5 off!

im sure there will be people selling 5 tokens for £1 outside the ticket office on the day anyway.

no it isnt. if i get 5 tokens from the mercury and take them tomorrow and ask for a young adults ticket (priced £8) i get £5 off, therefore paying only £3 if i pay by cash. problem solved i think.

if you are to carry on moaning about the price dont blame it on LCFC it happens everywhere, the club are not ripping us off they are pretty much forced to incur these charges on us.

and by the way i wasnt saying 85p is a big sum to you dont take it the wrong way.

Me and you are talking about 2 different things - that's where the confusion lies.

I was referring to the Mercury's online only offer, where adult ticket prices start at £8. You are referring to the club's separate offer where adult ticket prices start at £10 (£8 for concessions) but there is a £5 discount if you have collected the tokens.

Tickets for this fixture are now on general sale.

* Adult member prices start from just £10 and concessions from £8, with a further £5 off available by collecting tokens from the Leicester Mercury. Under 8s go FREE.

SPECIAL ONLINE TICKET OFFER

Tickets are now on sale online with adult tickets available for just £8 and concession tickets just £3.

CLICK HERE to secure your tickets today. But hurry - online stocks at this special rate are limited

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ticke...,,10274,00.html

The Mercury's online offer, which is cheaper if you don't collect the tokens, states that tickets start from £3, which is incorrect.

ok i see we have our wires crossed. i admit your right the mercury havent specified you cannot get a ticket online *for* £3 it will cost you £3.85 or whatever it might be.

but atleast i know im right on my point about the tokens etc :D

I think £3 is for young adults online isnt it? isnt that under 22s? as there is a separate section for buying tickets for under 16s apparently..

Yep is it £3 for young adults :thumbup: although I don't qualify :cry:

how much would it cost to get 5 tokens from the mockery?

would some boffin please explain the monetry situation, if im going to raid my piggy bank, i need to know how many pennies to take out :P

Blimey!

The tickets are loads cheaper than normal so its it worth getting all that upset about the last few pence?

I surprised Lush hasn't chipped in with his customary rant about season ticket holders getting a raw deal. Is he in hiding somewhere? :ph34r:

Simon

Its what price they should be all season!

Archived