Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Maidstone Utd

Have been following my local side recently.

A few of you may realise that Maidstone Utd did once get to the old 3rd division ( I think it was).

Unfortunately, a few years back, whilst still in the football league, their chairman sold of all their best players and their ground and they eventually caesed to exist.

Recently they've been back up and running though and whilst they play at Sittingbourne at the moment, a new ground is on the way.

Watched them yesterday draw 2-2 in the FA Vase.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed it. Standard was decent-ish and the workrate and pride of the players was phenomenal.

COME ON YOU STONES!!

14 - 1 to win the Fa Vase.

Get your money on folks - it's a dead cert.

Also, they have a really garish kit, like other adopted teams of mine Peterborough and Blackpool. If they play in an orange and pretend it's called Gold (and they're not called Wolves) I like 'em.

Up with The Stones. Down with Wolves.

Maidstone are currently in the division that Ramsgate were in last year.

Ramsgate were last year promoted as Champions and now play, if I remember correctly, in the second tier of the Isthmian (Ryman sponsored) Leagues.

Decent non-league side.

cool...l know a guy called kevin billings plays for them, he use to live in hinckley many years ago.

Maidstone are currently in the division that Ramsgate were in last year.

Ramsgate were last year promoted as Champions and now play, if I remember correctly, in the second tier of the Isthmian (Ryman sponsored) Leagues.

Decent non-league side.

Nearest I ever got to that place was as a 15/16-year-old playing Southern League against Deal and Dover.

It was always great when the Middleschool Master came in to read out that you had to leave class for the day to travel down.

I've been down to Maidstone many times, though, for a big Antiques Fair on the showground at the top of some great hill which is lots of fun for a laden lorry in winter.

Archived