Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Wenger Card Snub Upsets Mourinho

Wenger card snub upsets Mourinho

Jose Mourinho's latest bust-up with Arsene Wenger was apparently caused by the Arsenal manager not acknowledging his message in a Christmas card. BBC Sport understands Mourinho used the card to apologise for labelling Wenger "a voyeur" in another recent row.

But he was angry that a member of Arsenal's staff checked if he had in fact written it, so refused to shake Wenger's hand after Chelsea's win.

Arsenal have so far been unavailable for comment on the claims.

The Blues boss has sent Christmas cards to the other 18 Premiership bosses as well, but is believed to have reserved a special message for Wenger in an attempt to end their public feud.

Mourinho is believed to have waited for Wenger before kick-off on Sunday to shake his hand but was not acknowledged by his opposite number.

But Arsenal are yet to respond in this latest chapter in the ongoing feud between the two London clubs.

Wenger recently threatened legal action after Mourinho said: "I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur. He likes to watch other people.

"There are some guys who, when they are at home, have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea."

Wenger was furious and Mourinho then claimed he had a 120-page dossier that proved his claims.

Gunners boss Wenger decided against taking legal action but the ill-feeling lingered on into Sunday's match at Highbury, which Chelsea won 2-0.

I wonder how this saga will continue...

MOURINHO AND WENGER IN FASHION ROW

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho ripped Arsene Wenger yesterday for wearing the same tie at Arsenal's Carling Cup match at Doncaster that Mourinho himself wore on Sunday at Highbury.

"Arsene, he has no fashion sense," Mourinho said. "He is jealous of Chelsea, always jealous, and I suppose that he must copy my good looks since he cannot replicate my team's excellent performances."

"I cannot comment on Jose's tie as I did not see it on Sunday," Wenger replied, insisting that their two ties cannot be the same, as his is a Brooks Brothers tie that was purchased by a friend during a recent visit to New York. "Jose's neckties are, for sure, Versace or another Italian designer, I know for sure as my scouts have reported on this."

Archived