Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Worst Leicester memory of 2005

Losing at home to the worst Forest side in living memory has to be the single worst footballing experience of 2005.

Especially as the trees have since gone on to lose to such giants of the game as Macclesfield, Chester, S****horpe (twice!) and Woking.

Our manager has never quite been able to live that down, especially as he's being outperformed by the likes of Adams and Taylor!

Listening to the 4-5-1 at Wolves.

Failing to achieve any back to back League wins this season.

The diabolical ref against QPR

Nearly freezing to death during a prolonged extra time for the Youth Cup match

Sheehan's sending off (he blew a big, big chance)

The fans reaction to that.

Wasting so many chances to win matches

Weso's broken leg.

Single moment - not taking the bull by the horns and having a go at a very average Blackburn side. Cup glory missed....

In general.....Just the sheer number of games we should have come away from with more than we did. And the overwhelming pessimism of a lot of City fans I know, and some on this board as well. :(

Single moment - not taking the bull by the horns and having a go at a very average Blackburn side. Cup glory missed....

In general.....Just the sheer number of games we should have come away from with more than we did. And the overwhelming pessimism realism of a lot of City fans I know, and some on this board as well. :(

Corrected you there :thumbup::whistle:

Forest, Blackburn and Burnley stick in the mind.

Forest were a desperately poor side and were leaking goals left right and centre. We couldn't break them down, they scored on the break after an Alan Rogers run and cross. After the game, we found ourselves dragged in to the relegation battle. We were lucky that the teams below were even more dire than us.

Although we were fairly negative against Blackburn, I can understand why we set up like that. Afterall, it nearly worked, and we were very close in forcing a lucrative replay and possible route in to the semi final. One piece of naive defending cost us, and that was it, game over. Would have loved a day out at Cardiff.

Burnley x 2 this season. Both games showed how Levein was exposed tactically by Cotterill. Both games were also a shite fest, with us looking incapable of scoring and lacking ideas and quality. Once, you can get away with it, but a repeat the second time was very concerning, and that made me start to question Levein.

Archived