Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Reading match thread

From the OS:

City boss Craig Levein says his players will have learnt a few valuable lessons after they went down 2-0 to table toppers Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday night.

What lessons are they?

Is it not too late?

From the OS:

Levein:

"We have a group of players who are just playing with a lack of confidence. I couldn't fault their work ethic or anything like that. We just need to start thinking like winners more than anything else."

"It's all about belief."

Just what Anish and I were saying?

Just got back a minute ago and what can I say, that was possibly one of the worst games of football I've had the displeasure of viewing.

1st half was absolutely dire, although we never looked in too much danger despite some comedy moments at the back (again Douglas should have given away a pen after hesitating with McCarthy and bringing down Kitson)

2nd half we started well and looked controlled. Then (as we were all game) we were hopelessly exposed by 2 direct passes down the middle and bang 1-0. We never looked like scoring at all and Reading always had the more potent threat, even though the contest as a whole was reasonably even.

Tonight we really did look like relegation candidates, little urgency, more basic lapses and some poor performances from the likes of Maybury, Gerrbrand (distribution woeful), Joey and Sylla (an absolute disgrace). Williams was the best player on the park for an hour, MdV was excelent and ran his bol*ocks off and Paddy Mac was reasonable.

Why Hammond was preferred to Hume, god only knows. Maybury seriously needs to start evaluating his performances as he offers extremely little at both ends and Sylla should never play for Leicester again. Actually Sylla was one of the few players to applaud the (very quiet) fans and was met by a series of v-signs - i felt a bit sorry for him at this point for some reason.

Anyway awful game, desperate performance (Reading were awful as well), awful weather and I now fully realise the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in.

Archived