Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Press Conference Rumour

I used to work in the Newspapers, and Press Releases usually have an embargo on them, giving a specific time and date when the info can be released to Joe Public. So it wouldn't necessarily be all over the papers/radio straight away.

That said, we only had one source, a person allegedly working at reception. We'll have to see....

11am, 1 hour and 5 minutes from now.. the 'press conference' takes place.

Would normally be all over Sky Sports News by now...being described as "imminent"

"And we will be straight to Leicester for a Press Conference, We hear will be imminent"

....5 Hours later - "The Press Conference is imminent we will be live there as soon as it happens"

:yawn:

Where are the details? 1130 and nothing on Sky sports or LCFC site......its all a load of bull isn't it?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the OS updated by a web company and not by the club, if this is the case then that’s the reason for the lack of info

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the OS updated by a web company and not by the club, if this is the case then that’s the reason for the lack of info

Yeah but no but yeah but if it were breakin' news to sack CL it'd be on Sky or BBC at least. The OS is a rosy tinted propaganda machine.

Too true. I've had my Press Pass facility withdrawn because I am supposedly "Negating the effect of the Official Site", in other words not tame enough.

I'm wearing the decision like a badge of honour. Many hacks go for years and years without ever having their facilities withdrawn. Why would that be if they are always honest about reporting what they see.

If Leicester City want endlessly compliimentary publicity it would be more easily achieved by improving their all round performance.

Sometimes I sit and read player ratings and the comments on their performance (as against Reading) and think if they were all as wonderful as the comments suggest, why the hell did we lose 2-0 and only have a couple of decent shots?

I have both praised and complained about the manager, the team, individuals in the team, the coaching, the 28 hours it took to answer a telephoned team squad enquiry, wonderful ticket staff and, on reflection, believe I did so honestly and objectively and in a manner which, when appropriate, reflected the concerns of real fans (which is what I am before anything else).

Early yesterday evening I asked Tim Davies to explain why I've been victimised for doing that work conscienciously. I am still awaiting a reply.

* That reply has now been forthcoming via a telephone call from the club's media representative and the reasons outlined were extraordinary to say the least. Obviously I would not discuss a private conversation but there's more to come on this, I promise, and very interesting it will be for the fans too, I imagine.

Archived