Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Amazing Steve, I for one will be supporting you again each day

Thank you and thanks again for sharing your story it certainly helps act as an inspiration and motivation each and every year. Hope all is good with you. 

Posted

Ready to support again your fantastic effort and that of your family I hope despite the stress for them they are proud of you.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ready to support again your fantastic effort and that of your family I hope despite the stress for them they are proud of you.

They most certainly are and hugely supportive, just think they worry about me especially as I am getting older 🤣

  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

The page is live… one final push. 🖤🩵

 

I’ve officially signed up for my fourth and final Prostate United  challenge, 5km every day throughout October for Prostate Cancer UK

 

The support over the last three years has been incredible, helping us raise more than £13,000. This year, I’d love to finish the journey by taking that beyond £20,000.

 

At 52, I’m not sure my legs will thank me for another 155km in October… but some things are worth the aches and pains! 😂

As with every year I will be proudly representing team Leicester City Football Club

 

If you can spare a few pounds, share the page or simply help spread the message, it would genuinely mean a lot.

 

One last October. Let’s make it count. 💙🏃‍♂️

 

👇 the link to my JustGiving page below

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The page is live… one final push. 🖤🩵

 

I’ve officially signed up for my fourth and final Prostate United  challenge, 5km every day throughout October for Prostate Cancer UK

 

The support over the last three years has been incredible, helping us raise more than £13,000. This year, I’d love to finish the journey by taking that beyond £20,000.

 

At 52, I’m not sure my legs will thank me for another 155km in October… but some things are worth the aches and pains! 😂

As with every year I will be proudly representing team Leicester City Football Club

 

If you can spare a few pounds, share the page or simply help spread the message, it would genuinely mean a lot.

 

One last October. Let’s make it count. 💙🏃‍♂️

 

👇 the link to my JustGiving page below

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

Thanks for you efforts Steve much appreciated.

 

I don't know where you usually start from but if you could start and finish at LCFC to push the publicity side of your run would it help raise more?

Posted
Just now, davieG said:

Thanks for you efforts Steve much appreciated.

 

I don't know where you usually start from but if you could start and finish at LCFC to push the publicity side of your run would it help raise more?

It’s a great idea, the club have been very helpful in allowing me to run at the ground and training ground in previous years …..maybe a Rocky style run through the streets of Leicester with randoms joining along the way 😂😂

  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

A little favour from my fellow Foxes… 💙🦊

 

On 1st October, I’ll start my fourth and final Prostate United challenge, once again proudly representing Team Leicester City and running 5km every day throughout October for Prostate Cancer UK.

 

Over the last three years, the support I’ve received from the Leicester City fanbase has been genuinely incredible. Donations, shares, messages and encouragement from people I’ve never even met have helped us raise more than £13,000.

 

For this final year, I’ve set myself one last ambitious target – to finish having raised over £20,000.

 

So I’m asking the Blue Army for one final push. 💙

 

If you can donate, brilliant. If you can share the page with other Foxes, that would mean just as much.

 

31 days. 155km. Team Leicester City. One final October.

 

Let’s make it count. 💙🦊

 

Up the City!

 

👇 the link to my JustGiving page below
 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

Posted

The 80s called… they want their shorts back. 😂🏃‍♂️

 

Sadly, the hair isn’t real. The challenge very much is.

 

This October I’ll be pulling on the running shoes for my fourth consecutive #ProstateUnited challenge, representing Team Leicester City Football Club and running every single day throughout the month to raise money and awareness in the fight against prostate cancer. 💙🦊

 

After three years, plenty of kilometres and more questionable running photos than I care to remember, we’ve raised over £13,000 for Prostate Cancer UK

 

This year is my fourth and final challenge, and I’ve set myself one last big target:

To take the overall total beyond £20,000.

That means I need your help.

 

If this photo has made you laugh, cringe, question my fashion choices or simply wonder how anyone ever ran in shorts that small… please consider making a donation. 😂

 

Every £5, £10 or £20 genuinely adds up. And if you can’t donate, a like, comment or share costs nothing and could help this reach someone who can.

 

Behind the dodgy mullet and frighteningly short shorts is a serious message: raising awareness, encouraging men to talk about their health and helping fund the fight against prostate cancer.

 

One final October.
One final push.
Let’s see if we can smash £20,000 together. 💙

 

Thank you as always for the incredible support.

 

The link to my just giving page is below if you wish to donate, please share to help raise awareness

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

IMG_2059.jpeg

  • Like 3
Posted

⏳ Two weeks today… and we go again! 💙🏃‍♂️

In a fortnight it’ll be Day 1, Run 1 of Prostate United 2026 — and the start of my fourth and final October of running every single day.

 

At this point, I should probably know better… although I suspect my legs will be reminding me of that by about Day 10! 😂

Behind the running and fundraising, though, is a much more important reason for doing this.

 

Men’s health matters.

 

Too many men still put off getting checked, ignore changes in their body or simply don’t talk about their health. Prostate United helps get those conversations started while raising vital funds and awareness for Prostate Cancer UK.

 

If seeing an increasingly tired 52-year-old dragging himself out for another run encourages just one bloke to have a conversation, recognise something isn’t right or get himself checked, then every mile is worth it.

 

This is my final year, so I want to enjoy it, make it count and hopefully finish four brilliant years of support on a real high.

 

💙 The link to my JustGiving page is below. If you’re able to make a donation, no matter how big or small, it would mean a huge amount.

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

 

And even if you can’t donate, you can still really help. Please like, share or repost this and help me spread the word. The further we can get the message out there, the more awareness we can raise, the more conversations we can start and, hopefully, the more support we can generate for this amazing cause.

 

Two weeks to go. The running shoes are ready. I’m not entirely sure the legs are… 😂💙

 

Bring on October. 🏃‍♂️

 

#ProstateUnited #ProstateCancerUK #MensHealth #TeamLeicesterCity #LCFC #OneFinalPush

IMG_2028.jpeg

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

As part of my fourth and final Prostate United challenge, Leicester City have agreed to support by kindly donating a signed 2026/27 home shirt to help my fundraising for Prostate Cancer UK.

 

Rather than simply selling the shirt, I wanted to put an idea out there and see what people think.

 

I’m considering either a raffle or an auction, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to my Prostate United JustGiving page.

 

A raffle would give more people the opportunity to get involved for a few quid, while an auction could potentially generate more for the charity.

 

So, raffle or auction? 
 

Ultimately, it’s about using the shirt to raise as much as possible for Prostate Cancer UK, while continuing to raise awareness around men’s health, prostate cancer and the importance of getting checked.

 

Hopefully we can turn a signed LCFC shirt into a decent amount of money for a cause that really matters. 💙

 

Please let me know what you think and share it around the LCFC groups and forums so we can get as many people involved as possible.

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
Posted

If they're £70  you're not going to get that from an auction, maybe more with some signatures on it.

 

If you raffle it for a £1 a go you only need 70 people to get more than you would for an Auction.

 

I'd have a go for £1 and I don't even want it :crylaugh:

  • Haha 1
Posted
On 17/09/2026 at 19:17, Claudio Fannieri said:

⏳ Two weeks today… and we go again! 💙🏃‍♂️

In a fortnight it’ll be Day 1, Run 1 of Prostate United 2026 — and the start of my fourth and final October of running every single day.

 

At this point, I should probably know better… although I suspect my legs will be reminding me of that by about Day 10! 😂

Behind the running and fundraising, though, is a much more important reason for doing this.

 

Men’s health matters.

 

Too many men still put off getting checked, ignore changes in their body or simply don’t talk about their health. Prostate United helps get those conversations started while raising vital funds and awareness for Prostate Cancer UK.

 

If seeing an increasingly tired 52-year-old dragging himself out for another run encourages just one bloke to have a conversation, recognise something isn’t right or get himself checked, then every mile is worth it.

 

This is my final year, so I want to enjoy it, make it count and hopefully finish four brilliant years of support on a real high.

 

💙 The link to my JustGiving page is below. If you’re able to make a donation, no matter how big or small, it would mean a huge amount.

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

 

And even if you can’t donate, you can still really help. Please like, share or repost this and help me spread the word. The further we can get the message out there, the more awareness we can raise, the more conversations we can start and, hopefully, the more support we can generate for this amazing cause.

 

Two weeks to go. The running shoes are ready. I’m not entirely sure the legs are… 😂💙

 

Bring on October. 🏃‍♂️

 

#ProstateUnited #ProstateCancerUK #MensHealth #TeamLeicesterCity #LCFC #OneFinalPush

IMG_2028.jpeg

Thanks for all your efforts again. 

 

As someone who has had a prostatectomy I know how important this is.

 

For anyone out there in any of the risk groups who hasn't had a PSA test, just do it! It's easy if you find it early!

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted


Less than one week and it will be October and the start of my Prostate United challenge, representing team Leicester City to run 5km each and every day of October to raise money and much needed awareness for Prostate Cancer UK 

 

This is a disease that affects 1 in 8 men and takes a life every 45 minutes. Anything we can do to help increase testing, develop treatments and most importantly increase awareness and the need for men to get tested. 
 

This will be my 4th year in a row undertaking this challenge and at the age of nearly 53 it will be my final one, so far I have raised over £13k and would love to go out in style by raising another £7k and smashing the £20k barrier,  so I am reaching out to this wonderful community for one final month to follow, like, share, spread the word and if you can please make a donation to this wonderful cause by clicking the link to my just giving page 🖤🩵

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-CL&utm_content=MPC&utm_ref=UBS&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-EM&utm_content=MPC

 

Thank you for all the amazing and wonderful support shown so far it is very much appreciated. 

  • Like 2
Posted

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/18XxYteZ6q/?mibextid=wwXIfr

 

Please click the link above to a Facebook interview the Foxes Arms and Leicester Fan TV about my fundraising for Prostate Cancer UK where I will be running 5km each and every day of October. If you can give the video a like and a share, plus follow the Foxes Arms page a further 50p for every new follower will be donated to my fundraising.

 

if you wish to donate and/or follow my progress then please click the link to my just giving page below. 

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=email&utm_source=PostOffice&utm_campaign=DS_EVENTS-LFC_Trans_NthDonation&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-WA&utm_content=MPC

  • Like 1
Posted

Happy Prostate United Eve, tomorrow the big day will be here, 31 days, 31 x 5km runs, 155km to help to raise much needed money for Prostate Cancer UK and also to continue to raise awareness about the dangers of Prostate Cancer but also the amazing progress being made in terms of testing, detection and treatment. 
 

The very sobering facts are 1 in 8 men are affected by Prostate Cancer and this disease takes a life every 45 minutes. 

This is why I am participating in this very tough but important challenge running as part of team Leicester City Football Club hoping to raise £7,000 this year to take my overall fundraising past the £20,000 barrier in what will be my final year taking part. 

 

Please like, follow and share to help raise awareness across this community and if you can spare a donation no matter how small it all helps this wonderful cause. The link to my just giving page is below and if you see me pounding the streets at any time then please give us a wave of support as it really does make a massive difference. 

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=email&utm_source=PostOffice&utm_campaign=DS_EVENTS-LFC_Trans_NthDonation&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-WA&utm_content=MPC

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Happy Prostate United Eve, tomorrow the big day will be here, 31 days, 31 x 5km runs, 155km to help to raise much needed money for Prostate Cancer UK and also to continue to raise awareness about the dangers of Prostate Cancer but also the amazing progress being made in terms of testing, detection and treatment. 
 

The very sobering facts are 1 in 8 men are affected by Prostate Cancer and this disease takes a life every 45 minutes. 

This is why I am participating in this very tough but important challenge running as part of team Leicester City Football Club hoping to raise £7,000 this year to take my overall fundraising past the £20,000 barrier in what will be my final year taking part. 

 

Please like, follow and share to help raise awareness across this community and if you can spare a donation no matter how small it all helps this wonderful cause. The link to my just giving page is below and if you see me pounding the streets at any time then please give us a wave of support as it really does make a massive difference. 

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=email&utm_source=PostOffice&utm_campaign=DS_EVENTS-LFC_Trans_NthDonation&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-WA&utm_content=MPC

One Grand before you start - well done.

 

God luck and stay fit and healthy.

 

Running on behalf of Leicester City Football Club  carries the risk of an ACL so be careful. :P

  • Haha 1
Posted
6 hours ago, davieG said:

One Grand before you start - well done.

 

God luck and stay fit and healthy.

 

Running on behalf of Leicester City Football Club  carries the risk of an ACL so be careful. :P

😂😂 thanks pal hopefully I stay fit for the month and the LCFC injury curse doesn’t strike 😂

  • Like 1
Posted

Well I have certainly started something, day 1 and run 1 completed of this Octobers #ProstateUnited representing team Leicester City Football Club raising money and awareness for Prostate Cancer UK just 30 more runs and 150km to go, it will soon be November 😂 

 

Please like, follow and share and if you can spare a small donation the link to my just giving page is below 

 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-2026?utm_medium=email&utm_source=PostOffice&utm_campaign=DS_EVENTS-LFC_Trans_NthDonation&utm_medium=FR&utm_source=dssb-WA&utm_content=MPC

IMG_2120.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted

I have said this before, but you are one amazing man to put your body through this again. I will certainly be supporting you from afar, I just wish I could be by the roadside cheering you on, but live too far away.

 

As you said, Prostate cancer can be cured if it is caught early. I do have metastatic prostate cancer (stage 4)that has spread to my spine. For me, there is no cure, just various treatments to keep me going a bit longer, the latest was 7 months of chemotherapy.

 

Guys, please dont let this be you, get tested. Ladies, make sure your man gets tested. The test is a simple blood test , it takes a couple of minutes, please do it

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...