Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Is there anyone out there?

Well Leicester fans,I must give you all credit,your patience is refreshing,there's not many teams fans these days that would be patient as you,I hate to say it but you've got more patience than our fans,as after time we lose,there's constantly Megson out snipers,but you lot acknowledge that there's probably no one better out there so you may as well stick with Levein.I don't think you will go down this season because there is 3 teams worse than you.Once again,your a credit to your club.

levein out..trust hes been there 15 months and made us go down 11 places about :ermm:

replaced shit with shit effectively and i cant think of one player who i could confidently say will be at the club next year.

the guy is a liability and scotish :devil:

I'll support him until he goes. It's not gonna help the football team slagging him off and moaning about the team and management. Yes I would like to have seen the team performing better but despite the performances I'm not gonna slate CL.

We won't get relegated! Because there are worse teams than us in this division :o

But I think if we were ever to drop into the relegation zone this season, CL will need to go but I don't think it will happen.

Three worse at the moment. A month ago it was 7. What will it be next month?

My heart is saying we can turn it around, but my head is thinking otherwise. You have to take in to consideration how we've performed under him since he's been here. We were in a relegation fight up until the final few games of last season, and we're in one now with over half of the season gone.

Don't get me wrong, this club really does need stability, but at the same time, there's no point in sticking with someone who doesn't seem capable of grinding out the necessarry wins to get us out of the mire. As I've said across a number of threads, I'm willing to stick with him for now, but if we continue in the same vein of form, then his position will need to come under review.

Rebuilding is important to the club, but so are getting results. The next few weeks will be very interesting.

At the moment I'd say the anti-Levein majority on this board are not (yet) representative of the fans as a whole.

But that could change in a matter of days. One bad home defeat - either tomorrow or in front of the watching millions against Spurs - could see many fans openly turn against him.

Obviously I'd prefer him to turn things round by winning either or both of those fixtures.

But on the evidence of recent games that appears VERY unlikely!

We have an Levein out poll after every game win, draw or lose <_<

Which is ok by the way :)

Actually, we don't. The polls only show up after we lose or we draw against a team we 'should' beat. If you don't believe me then try to find the poll for the 4-2 win against Sheff Utd.

<_<

In regard to CL, I've always been in favour of giving him plenty of time before starting to judge. I would like to be able to judge him around this time next year as this would, IMO, be the point where he'd been given sufficient enought time to build a squad and get them playing how he wants.

Whether he'll still be around at that time is in serious question at the moment. Given the many good things he's done for the club it would be nice if he were, but, if results don't pick up through January and the fans start protesting I'm not sure if he will be. Things are in balance for me at the moment and if the signings he makes in Jan don't work out and the results don't start to improve then the scales will start to tip unfavourably.

Either way, January will be an interesting period for City.

i am still on the fence! i just get the feelin he has no respect from the players coz to be honest i am sure they would try a lil harder if the respect was there! yeh he has bought in a few decent players, but i dont think that CL knows when he is wrong about a player!

he has to realise right away that douglas isnt doing a good enough job in goal, and that kisnorbo should in no means be captain! and certainly tiatto should NOT be club captain!!! he certainly makes some shockin decisions and thats what annoys everyone!

yeh give him more time, but can we spare that more time???? he is obviously doing something wrong for it all to be going so badly, thats what makes me want him out, the main reason i want him to stay is coz changes are always for the best, and with a new manager we are back at rebuilding square one!

I know that Davie but I didn't think it was neccessary to make that point. However, even those immense players you mentioned would have won nothing without the likes of Claridge, Marshall, Cottee, Collymore, Taggart, Walsh etc. Craig Levein's squad has nowhere near the experience of either the O'Neill or Adams outfits.

I do agree with you in a way. Levein said he wanted some experienced heads involved with the first team squad to help some of the younger lads improve. Well looking back at it now, he gave Wilcox a new contract and has now sent him on loan (how's he supposed to pass on his experience to our younger players when he's at Blackpool?), Tiatto is one of the poorest examples you could put infront of a young footballer and ask them to learn from and Dublin (who Levein said in the summer was a striker in his mind) is no longer good enough to play upfront and Levein has said he's just a backup player now. Dion was on the bus at Reading but not in the 16 involved in the match. So that's three experienced heads, none of which are involved with the first team on a regualr basis. You look at our other older players that do play more often and you notice they have very little knowledge of playing in this league or even this country. That is one of the places I think Levein has got wrong but you never know what kind of players he's looking to bring in January. I can't imagine him signing someone that is too old/experienced though as it doesn't meet the profile he has looked for in the past. I do feel he should move away from that profile slightly this time and pick up a couple of players that will be able to talk some of the younger players through games.

Actually, we don't. The polls only show up after we lose or we draw against a team we 'should' beat. If you don't believe me then try to find the poll for the 4-2 win against Sheff Utd.

The latest one started after the Reading defeat - should have beaten them just like every other club in the division can't, is that what you are saying?

I've said in earlier posts im prepared to wait and success doesn't come at the click of a finger or the press of a button, it all takes time.

I'm still behind him but my patience is wearing thin.

I have been reading all these intense threads about Levien, whether he should stay or go,I haven't posted my views on it and I thought it was a good time as any to post it so here it is.I'm prepared to give him time until end of the season but the probelm could be Levien is ambitious but he has taken the club far as he can, if he resign now and a good manager come in and finish the job (aka getting us to Premiership) Levein could be known as the man who started the empire that is LCFC an established club in Premiership just in simlair way as Nassier Hussian started the england team who ending up winning The Ashes with Michael Vaughan,Vaughan finished the job but Hussian and Fletcher (England coach) started it.

I have been reading all these intense threads about Levien, whether he should stay or go,I haven't posted my views on it and I thought it was a good time as any to post it so here it is.I'm prepared to give him time until end of the season but the probelm could be Levien is ambitious but he has taken the club far as he can, if he resign now and a good manager come in and finish the job (aka getting us to Premiership) Levein could be known as the man who started the empire that is LCFC an established club in Premiership just in simlair way as Nassier Hussian started the england team who ending up winning The Ashes with Michael Vaughan,Vaughan finished the job but Hussian and Fletcher (England coach) started it.

I accept your point but I think this situation is the complete opposite. I don't think Levein has taken us as far as he can, I think he's struggling to get us out of the starting blocks. He's learning things as he goes along which doesn't help us but I think with a few tweaks here and there I think we'll be away. It's just a case of targetting the areas that need improvement, which I think the backroom staff have, and then fixing the problems which may prove more difficult.

It's the next few games for me really. Norwhich needs to be at least and palace are both games where we need at least a point really. It should be three against Norwhich but I dont see it happening, were in a dog fight, and we need to get used to it. Sacking CL could send us down, as could keeping him on. I'll definatley be going on Saturday hoping Levein can turn it round. A heavy Defeat will pretty much do it for me though im afriad.

The latest one started after the Reading defeat - should have beaten them just like every other club in the division can't, is that what you are saying?

My point is that these polls don't show up when City win. I tried twice to post one after the Sheff Utd game but it was removed by the forum admin. Read into that what you will.

If we had the same poll after every match, regardless of the result, we'd get a better gauge of the current feelings of the forum users. As it is, any comparison between one poll to another is negatively skewed hence the interpretation of any trends will be in error. That's all I'm saying.

:)

Just think about these recent performances. First half against Millwall was awful but second wasn't too bad. He must have said something at half time, they started playing a lot better. I hope he stays because i really believe we've got something good here with Craig Levein. Hume, Hammond, Hughes, Williams, Gudjonssen, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Smith (yes i know, he's not our player), Sheehan, Johansson, Stearman. Good future. Very good future.

The Burnley at home fixture done it for me, he was like putty in Steve Cotterills hand due to his tactical ineptitude.

Archived