Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Is there anyone out there?

I don't mean this to be a poll I'm just interested to find out how many/if any are still in support of Craig Levein? Pre-Reading I was still on the fence despite some very poor football first half against Millwall. After getting home from Reading (I'd had plenty of time to think about the game I'd seen on the way home) I felt he shouldn't be given much longer but as the day's worn on and I've listened to his post match interview (plus some of his interviews pre-season) I'm back on the fence. Yes, he's done some things wrong but I feel the players have let him down a lot too. He's stuck with them, hardly ever hear him criticise them, and I don't think some of them have done enough in return.

I'm still behind him.

Levein /rock

Fed up of things changing every 2 seconds, does us no good anyway. I'm confident we'll avoid relegation and next season I think we could build.

But hey ho, slag me off ya gays :cool:

I've said in earlier posts im prepared to wait and success doesn't come at the click of a finger or the press of a button, it all takes time.

I'm still behind him but my patience is wearing thin.

Just think about these recent performances. First half against Millwall was awful but second wasn't too bad. He must have said something at half time, they started playing a lot better. I hope he stays because i really believe we've got something good here with Craig Levein. Hume, Hammond, Hughes, Williams, Gudjonssen, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Smith (yes i know, he's not our player), Sheehan, Johansson, Stearman. Good future. Very good future.

I've said in earlier posts im prepared to wait and success doesn't come at the click of a finger or the press of a button, it all takes time.

I'm still behind him but my patience is wearing thin.

I agree with this. I give him 35 more games before I make my mind up. ;):thumbup:

I agree with this. I give him 35 more games before I make my mind up. ;):thumbup:

What's special about 35 games? :huh: There's not that many games left in the season, unless you count potential cup games. Good to see you've given him plenty of time tho :thumbup:

And I've not given up on him yet. Everytime we have a 'levein out' poll, I vote No. I've voted no in every one so far - and let's face it, that's a lot of No. ;)lol

What's special about 35 games? :huh: There's not that many games left in the season, unless you count potential cup games. Good to see you've given him plenty of time tho :thumbup:

And I've not given up on him yet. Everytime we have a 'levein out' poll, I vote No. I've voted no in every one so far - and let's face it, that's a lot of No. ;)lol

The 35 are league games and about, though not exactly, that time he will have had the same number of games as MA. ;):thumbup:

I have to say, and i'm preparing myself to be eaten alive for this, that i'm behind him all the way.

The one thing that this club has lacked, more than anything, over the last few years is stability, and right now i think thats what we need more than anything. The players know they are playing for their lives, and the manager knows that the pressure is starting to bite.

What Levein has done since he has come in is to begin to form the backbone of a team of undeniable quality, what he hasnt done however, is produced a complete team ready of offering what every football fan wants - success.. and right now!

He has brought in players such as McCarthy and Hughes who are young talented players with international experience, and he had placed emphasis on developing another sorely undervalued asset belonging to the club, the youth academy. Admittedly, as every manager does, he's managed to bring along a few pet donkeys (i'm thinking Sylla more than anyone), but i have faith that in time these players will start to find themselves lower and lower down the pecking order. The team that is together now will, with a few choice additions, develop over time into an extremely able and capable force, the likes of Hughes and McCarty, along with Stearman, Hume, Sheehan and Gerrbrand will offer the club a future...

I think that what Leicester City needs now from it's supporters is exactly what it says on our tin, support. We've all seen how a gee'd up crowd can turn a game in our favour, and every time Levin has to pick his squad's morale up after a chorus of half-time boo's is making his task to win each game all the harder.

People seem so focussed on the past, tinted with the nostalgic glow of hindsight, that they seem to be forgetting the real long term future. I know people will argue that we may have no future at all if we end up in League One, but i think that if we stick it out and give Levein a proper crack at it, then our future will be a bright one...

I have to say, and i'm preparing myself to be eaten alive for this, that i'm behind him all the way.

The one thing that this club has lacked, more than anything, over the last few years is stability, and right now i think thats what we need more than anything. The players know they are playing for their lives, and the manager knows that the pressure is starting to bite.

What Levein has done since he has come in is to begin to form the backbone of a team of undeniable quality, what he hasnt done however, is produced a complete team ready of offering what every football fan wants - success.. and right now!

He has brought in players such as McCarthy and Hughes who are young talented players with international experience, and he had placed emphasis on developing another sorely undervalued asset belonging to the club, the youth academy. Admittedly, as every manager does, he's managed to bring along a few pet donkeys (i'm thinking Sylla more than anyone), but i have faith that in time these players will start to find themselves lower and lower down the pecking order. The team that is together now will, with a few choice additions, develop over time into an extremely able and capable force, the likes of Hughes and McCarty, along with Stearman, Hume, Sheehan and Gerrbrand will offer the club a future...

I think that what Leicester City needs now from it's supporters is exactly what it says on our tin, support. We've all seen how a gee'd up crowd can turn a game in our favour, and every time Levin has to pick his squad's morale up after a chorus of half-time boo's is making his task to win each game all the harder.

People seem so focussed on the past, tinted with the nostalgic glow of hindsight, that they seem to be forgetting the real long term future. I know people will argue that we may have no future at all if we end up in League One, but i think that if we stick it out and give Levein a proper crack at it, then our future will be a bright one...

Couldn't agree more. :clap:

Couldn't agree more. :clap:

Neither could I, if the board have given him time to build his own sqaud, why when he is halfway through the process would they sack him? The fans have a right to boo at the end of bad performances (which have been ample recently) because maybe it will show the players what passion the fans have and maybe they can inject some into the performances.

Stick with Levein until the end of the season and us fans need to get behind him rather than calling for his head. Just remember, when you're smiling...

Neither could I, if the board have given him time to build his own sqaud, why when he is halfway through the process would they sack him? The fans have a right to boo at the end of bad performances (which have been ample recently) because maybe it will show the players what passion the fans have and maybe they can inject some into the performances.

Stick with Levein until the end of the season and us fans need to get behind him rather than calling for his head. Just remember, when you're smiling...

Because, even despite what you say, the Board would not have expected that Levein's tenure would be so poor...

Most of us were pleased to see the end of the Adams/ Bassett approach of signing any old lag who needed a last payday and embraced the idea of a fresh approach with a new manager building a young hungry side who dare I mention it would be proud to play for the club and would make the supporters proud . A year and a bit on and some are pining for the return of Bassett ( because he signed Dickov) and slating the board for standing by the manager- it's unbelievable . We have no divine right to be in the prem or the championship but we will never achieve success by playing musical managers every 18 months

Most of us were pleased to see the end of the Adams/ Bassett approach of signing any old lag who needed a last payday and embraced the idea of a fresh approach with a new manager building a young hungry side who dare I mention it would be proud to play for the club and would make the supporters proud . A year and a bit on and some are pining for the return of Bassett ( because he signed Dickov) and slating the board for standing by the manager- it's unbelievable . We have no divine right to be in the prem or the championship but we will never achieve success by playing musical managers every 18 months

I think we all want to see a winning team. If that was happening today nobody would be bothering about this "young hungry squad" nonsense. Martin O'Neill created an OLD hungry squad. The obsession with youth is a fallacy. Today a player can still be supremely fit at 34. A young player will never give you that much needed commodity-: experience. In my opinion, that is the why we lose so many games we ought to be winning. I doubt very much if Bolton fans are complaining about Sam Allardyce, who follows this approach. And neither did we when Martin was achieving so much.

I think we all want to see a winning team. If that was happening today nobody would be bothering about this "young hungry squad" nonsense. Martin O'Neill created an OLD hungry squad. The obsession with youth is a fallacy. Today a player can still be supremely fit at 34. A young player will never give you that much needed commodity-: experience. In my opinion, that is the why we lose so many games we ought to be winning. I doubt very much if Bolton fans are complaining about Sam Allardyce, who follows this approach. And neither did we when Martin was achieving so much.

MON's was not an old hungry squad, he had Izzett, Lennon, Savage, Heskey to name but four he had a mixed squad as does CL. The only reason the age thing is being put forward is because MAs rhad far too many older players.

MON's was not an old hungry squad, he had Izzett, Lennon, Savage, Heskey to name but four he had a mixed squad as does CL. The only reason the age thing is being put forward is because MAs rhad far too many older players.

I know that Davie but I didn't think it was neccessary to make that point. However, even those immense players you mentioned would have won nothing without the likes of Claridge, Marshall, Cottee, Collymore, Taggart, Walsh etc. Craig Levein's squad has nowhere near the experience of either the O'Neill or Adams outfits.

I'm prepared to stick with Levein until 10 games into next season. At least then he would have had a full season at the club. If we are not in the top 7 or 8 come 10 games into next season, he should go.

Even if we are relegated?

I'm prepared to stick with Levein until 10 games into next season. At least then he would have had a full season at the club. If we are not in the top 7 or 8 come 10 games into next season, he should go.

My feelings pretty much. Not happy with the current situation though. :cry::( <_<

Well Leicester fans,I must give you all credit,your patience is refreshing,there's not many teams fans these days that would be patient as you,I hate to say it but you've got more patience than our fans,as after time we lose,there's constantly Megson out snipers,but you lot acknowledge that there's probably no one better out there so you may as well stick with Levein.I don't think you will go down this season because there is 3 teams worse than you.Once again,your a credit to your club.

As I have said before, 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and Levein has so far:-

1. Got rid of the 'old dead wood' i.e. Gemmill, Blake, Nalis etc.

2. Cut the wage bill tremendously.

3. Cut out long ball rubbish.

4. Brought in younger and hungrier players - however Kisnorbo and Sylla are dubious signings.

5. Playing nicer football.

We AREN'T A COMPLETE TEAM YET, but I believe he CAN turn it around. Just be patient.

CRAIG LEVEIN'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY !!

LEVEIN GETS MY VOTE.

As I have said before, 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and Levein has so far:-

1. Got rid of the 'old dead wood' i.e. Gemmill, Blake, Nalis etc.

2. Cut the wage bill tremendously.

3. Cut out long ball rubbish.

4. Brought in younger and hungrier players - however Kisnorbo and Sylla are dubious signings.

5. Playing nicer football.

We AREN'T A COMPLETE TEAM YET, but I believe he CAN turn it around. Just be patient.

CRAIG LEVEIN'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY !!

LEVEIN GETS MY VOTE.

1. Replacing them with "new young dead wood"

2. And as we can see..you only get what you pay for.

3. And replaced it with short ball rubbish. Even though Levein made his name at Cowdenbeath and Hearts playing Long Ball tactics.

4. Who have made things worse, not better.

5. But in the bottom 5 of the League

Even if we are relegated?

We won't get relegated! Because there are worse teams than us in this division :o

But I think if we were ever to drop into the relegation zone this season, CL will need to go but I don't think it will happen.

Well Leicester fans,I must give you all credit,your patience is refreshing,there's not many teams fans these days that would be patient as you,I hate to say it but you've got more patience than our fans,as after time we lose,there's constantly Megson out snipers,but you lot acknowledge that there's probably no one better out there so you may as well stick with Levein.I don't think you will go down this season because there is 3 teams worse than you.Once again,your a credit to your club.

We have an Levein out poll after every game win, draw or lose <_<

Which is ok by the way :)

Archived