Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro before a clear-out

Boro set for Riverside clear-out

Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren has been told he must sell players if he is to bring in any new faces during the January transfer window.

Boro chief executive Keith Lamb blamed the scenario on falling crowds.

"If the solution to filling the ground is reducing ticket prices then we'll have to cut our cloth," he said.

"Steve wants to strengthen but he knows we have a surplus of players in some positions so it's reasonable to expect players to leave before we sign more."

Striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is widely reported to be one player who could be sacrificed, while Ray Parlour, Massimo Maccarone and Szilard Nemeth are also thought to be vulnerable.

Crowd figures have been particularly low in the Uefa Cup, in which Boro have reached the last 32.

Only 9,400 supporters attended their last Group D game at the 35,100-seater Riverside Stadium, their lowest crowd for three years.

McClaren's side have won one their last seven Premiership matches and the Boro boss admits he is feeling the strain.

"The league table always concerns me," he said.

"Looking down at the relegation zone, that is becoming an issue as it is with everyone else.

"I would like to do something and strengthen midfield, but the situation is we have to look the other way and get players out first."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...ugh/4571148.stm

Published: 2005/12/31 10:34:52 GMT

© BBC MMV

Loan targets?

Boro set for Riverside clear-out

Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren has been told he must sell players if he is to bring in any new faces during the January transfer window.

Boro chief executive Keith Lamb blamed the scenario on falling crowds.

"If the solution to filling the ground is reducing ticket prices then we'll have to cut our cloth," he said.

"Steve wants to strengthen but he knows we have a surplus of players in some positions so it's reasonable to expect players to leave before we sign more."

Striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is widely reported to be one player who could be sacrificed, while Ray Parlour, Massimo Maccarone and Szilard Nemeth are also thought to be vulnerable.

Crowd figures have been particularly low in the Uefa Cup, in which Boro have reached the last 32.

Only 9,400 supporters attended their last Group D game at the 35,100-seater Riverside Stadium, their lowest crowd for three years.

McClaren's side have won one their last seven Premiership matches and the Boro boss admits he is feeling the strain.

"The league table always concerns me," he said.

"Looking down at the relegation zone, that is becoming an issue as it is with everyone else.

"I would like to do something and strengthen midfield, but the situation is we have to look the other way and get players out first."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...ugh/4571148.stm

Published: 2005/12/31 10:34:52 GMT

© BBC MMV

Loan targets?

this dont really have nothing to with this but i signed Szilard Nemeth for my leicester team on football manager and him and de vries scored over 50 goals together last season

this dont really have nothing to with this but i signed Szilard Nemeth for my leicester team on football manager and him and de vries scored over 50 goals together last season

LMA's better IMO.

Oh and i think both could be quality loan signings. Massimo isnt very consistant though is he.

Archived