Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

**CITY TO DISCUSS MANAGERS FUTURE**

Lincoln to discuss Alexander role

Lincoln City manager Keith Alexander

Uncertainty surrounds Keith Alexander's future

Lincoln City are set to discuss the future of manager Keith Alexander and his assistant Gary Simpson at a board meeting on Tuesday evening.

Alexander and Simpson were put "on leave" after meeting with the board at Sincil Bank earlier in the week.

Youth coach John Schofield took charge of the team for the goalless draw against Mansfield Town on Monday.

Chairman Steff Wright told BBC Radio Lincolnshire that a meeting was now to be held earlier than first planned.

Wright earlier said in a statement on the club's official website: "After discussions with board members a meeting has taken place with first-team manager Keith Alexander and assistant manager Gary Simpson.

"The outcome of that meeting is that both Keith Alexander and Gary Simpson are to be put on leave.

"During the interim period John Schofield has been given the responsibilities of pro-football.

"No further statements or comments will be made on this matter until the full board meeting has been concluded."

Lincoln, who have not won for four games, lie 15th in League Two.

Rumour is they played a practical joke on a player but it went too far.

I said that to my mate and he said:

"see, that's what I heard... But I've also heard Keith was speaking to the Rotherham board and Ray Trew wasn't pleased, I've heard Keith was fiddling finances, I've heard he's going to Peterborough, I've heard he wanted to spend the whole transfer budget on one player..."

Apparantly a lot of rumours are flying.

Edit: Apparantly the joke was to let Yeo's tyres down.

LCFC PRESS STATEMENT

Date: 05.01.06

Further to a meeting held with Keith Alexander and his representative, Charles Collymore, we are pleased to announce that Keith will be remaining with Lincoln City as per his existing contract.

We would like to confirm that any issues were totally and completely resolved and this will allow Keith to resume his duties without any compromise or actions on our part.

At this point the Board would like to apologise to Keith for the unfortunate sequence of events leading to his suspension and this act had nothing to do with anything he was responsible for. It was part of an urgent issue that required Board attention.

We have acknowledged that there are some process changes, which are needed to ensure that this does not happen again and we would like to assure all parties that this is currently underway.

On a further note the Assistant Manager Gary Simpson will be leaving the Club as part of a mutual agreement for football reasons only. We would like to thank Gary for his contribution and wish him the best in his future career.

Everyone at Lincoln City would like to now focus on the very important business of winning football matches and we hope to count on your continued support throughout the remainder of the season.

Archived