Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Knight leaves Brighton

For Swansea!!! Now imo him and Lee Trundle up front will be devastating, and the question must be asked for this price why didn't we go in for him??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4578232.stm

Swansea City have completed the signing of Brighton striker Leon Knight for £125,000 on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 23-year-old striker said he wanted to leave the Seagulls after a series of arguments with manager Mark McGhee.

Knight signed for Brighton for £100,000 on a two-year deal from Chelsea in August 2003 after impressing on loan.

Swans boss Kenny Jackett said: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad."

With star striker Lee Trundle sidelined for another month because of sprained ankle ligaments, Jackett was keen to bring in another front man to revitalise their League One title challenge.

Rochdale's Grant Holt and Rory Fallon of Swindon were targets, but diminutive England Under-20 striker Knight also fits the bill.

Although he has only found the back of the net five times this term, Knight struck 27 goals in Brighton's 2003/4 prmotion campaign - including the winning goal in the Play-Off final.

Should Swansea ever sell Knight in the future, Brighton will benefit from an undisclosed sell-on clause thrashed out between Brighton chairman Dick Knight (no relation) and opposite number Huw Jenkins.

For Swansea!!! Now imo him and Lee Trundle up front will be devastating, and the question must be asked for this price why didn't we go in for him??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4578232.stm

Swansea City have completed the signing of Brighton striker Leon Knight for £125,000 on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 23-year-old striker said he wanted to leave the Seagulls after a series of arguments with manager Mark McGhee.

Knight signed for Brighton for £100,000 on a two-year deal from Chelsea in August 2003 after impressing on loan.

Swans boss Kenny Jackett said: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad."

With star striker Lee Trundle sidelined for another month because of sprained ankle ligaments, Jackett was keen to bring in another front man to revitalise their League One title challenge.

Rochdale's Grant Holt and Rory Fallon of Swindon were targets, but diminutive England Under-20 striker Knight also fits the bill.

Although he has only found the back of the net five times this term, Knight struck 27 goals in Brighton's 2003/4 prmotion campaign - including the winning goal in the Play-Off final.

Should Swansea ever sell Knight in the future, Brighton will benefit from an undisclosed sell-on clause thrashed out between Brighton chairman Dick Knight (no relation) and opposite number Huw Jenkins.

Well as good as he may be or not be, I don't think he's been too hot this season he doesn't strike me as the type of forward we need, I would presume CL thinks the same. Whoever we get needs to be the 'right' player not just available and cheap.

But surprisingly good in the air - my mates a Brighton season ticket holder and they love him down there

Hasn't he only scored about 5 goals this season, I know that's in a poor team but then so are we?

Archived