Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Question

Pulled their fingers out and found us some good investors?

Portsmouth who are probably in the same position as we were in our last years at Filbert Street have just found one, and I don't believe they are any more of a club then we are, admittedly they are a premier club but why didn't we look for this type of investment when we were in the premier.

Arcadi Gaydamak has invested £15 Million, now I'm not asking for someone to come in and take the club over but if we are to progress I feel we need to be looking for this type of investor, so come on you lot pull yer fingers out :mad:

Ive been a Leicester fan for years now and if I had the money, even Im not stupid enough to invest it in the club. We're hardly hot property at the moment are we? Struggleing at the wrong end of the second tier of english football, poor attendances, fans booing after most games. Who would waste money on us?

That's why it'd be a good time to invest.

The club really do need money.

Unfortunately, a club which doesn't own it's own ground, will struggle to attract investment because the assets just aren't there.

It's not like the players are much of an asset is it? :P

If you were making a balance sheet of Leicester City, Kisnorbo, Sylla and Big Rab would be under the liabilities. They cost us money week in week out!

Ive been a Leicester fan for years now and if I had the money, even Im not stupid enough to invest it in the club. We're hardly hot property at the moment are we? Struggleing at the wrong end of the second tier of english football, poor attendances, fans booing after most games. Who would waste money on us?

If you'd bothered to read the question. :whistle:

I mentioned when we were an attractive proposition why didn't they look for investors then?

I know no one is going to think twice about investing now but we've been in Portsmouths position in the past and no investment was ever forthcoming. :thumbup:

That's why it'd be a good time to invest.

The club really do need money.

Unfortunately, a club which doesn't own it's own ground, will struggle to attract investment because the assets just aren't there.

It's not like the players are much of an asset is it? :P

I don't think Pompey own their ground unless the council have recently given it to them or Mandaric has bought it.

I lived in Portsmouth for many years and it was always a bone of contention!

I still visit a few times a year and about 2 years ago there was talk of a new ground being built but I don't know whats happened since.

If you'd bothered to read the question. :whistle:

I mentioned when we were an attractive proposition why didn't they look for investors then?

I know no one is going to think twice about investing now but we've been in Portsmouths position in the past and no investment was ever forthcoming. :thumbup:

sadly the old board kept knocking potential, like david wilson, back. now david wilson has decided to invest in the cricket and rugby instead.

our only hope is englebert, and his brother/manager is to tight to 'let' him

sadly the old board kept knocking potential, like david wilson, back. now david wilson has decided to invest in the cricket and rugby instead.

I believe if Wilson was a true fan he would have found a way to take control of the club.

Maybe! When we are relegated Engelbert the tight-fisted git may decide to buy us for the peanuts we'd be worth!

I believe that Engelbert offered to buy us about 10-15 years ago and it was actually rejected at the time....

Just think of how things could be now with the right investment.......

If you were making a balance sheet of Leicester City, Kisnorbo, Sylla and Big Rab would be under the liabilities. They cost us money week in week out!

lol funny you mention that, I've got an accounts exam next week so I know exactly what you mean! :thumbup:

And another thing - our assets will be depreciating massively the way we're playing ;)

Pulled their fingers out and found us some good investors?

Portsmouth who are probably in the same position as we were in our last years at Filbert Street have just found one, and I don't believe they are any more of a club then we are

Ive always had the feeling that whatever board weve ever had, have never had any foresight to take us further than what they can do themselves. Weve never had a major investor.

I dont believe the boards of present and past wana give up their comfy seats. Allen makes a great point, there are loads of investors out there. Leicester is a massive city in comparison to the other 92 football league clubs. We have a great stadium, with potential increase capacity, and attract 50,000, if only we had the players.

We could actually abliterate the tigers had we the team and stadium to do it.

I believe if Wilson was a true fan he would have found a way to take control of the club.

he kept being blocked, like that chap who wanted a piece of liverpool. the old board (shipman, george et al) were such an old boys club, they were never going to let any outsider in.

Ive always had the feeling that whatever board weve ever had, have never had any foresight to take us further than what they can do themselves. Weve never had a major investor.

I dont believe the boards of present and past wana give up their comfy seats. Allen makes a great point, there are loads of investors out there. Leicester is a massive city in comparison to the other 92 football league clubs. We have a great stadium, with potential increase capacity, and attract 50,000, if only we had the players.

We could actually abliterate the tigers had we the team and stadium to do it.

spot on! :o;) katys dad has been a fan since the fifties and he often tells me that leicesters board have never been happy to push the boat out. remember the mark robins signing? each member put 250k in then wanted it back (+ interest, i heard but can't be sure)

having said all that elsom pushed the boat out, sadly the manager who should've had the money had gone! :(

David Wilson does own shares in LCFC... just slightly less than the Foxes Trust !

I believe that Engelbert offered to buy us about 10-15 years ago and it was actually rejected at the time....

Just think of how things could be now with the right investment.......

Engelbert was approached, like many others, when our current consortium owners were setting up & he wasn't interested

yeah, but is he planning on pumping some of his millions in? and are the trust for that matter? ;)

Well if every City fan joined the Trust & donated £100 each, we could in theory afford to plough in £2m.

However the existing constitution of the club prevents a single investor owning more than 9.7% of the club, so in reality, the maximum share investment possible is £500,000.

The existing shareholders would have to vote for that to be changed

Well if every City fan joined the Trust & donated £100 each, we could in theory afford to plough in £2m.

However the existing constitution of the club prevents a single investor owning more than 9.7% of the club, so in reality, the maximum share investment possible is £500,000.

The existing shareholders would have to vote for that to be changed

FT, you told me on foxfanzine, that i`d need £6,000,000 to take over the club. 500k maximum?

If I win the £50m Euro Millions draw tonight, I'll happily donate £10-15m to the club, no strings attatched, they can just spend it as they wish.

So come on people, pray for me to win it! ;)

I did manage to win on the Euro Millions, but afraid I only won £6, so not really much use investing that into the club ;) Rollover next Friday though, £70m, means City can have some more if I win that! ;)

Archived