Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

What would be a good result against Tottenham?

Worst result that you would consider to be a good result?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Worst result that would be a good result?

• A win
    • A draw
    • 0-1 defeat
    • 0-2 defeat
    • 0-3 defeat
    • 0-4 defeat
    • 0-5 defeat
    • 0-6 defeat +

I don't even think it's an issue of result...the thing that matters is putting in a really strong, determined and committed performance and scoring a goal or two to lift the confidence. Obviously a win will be great and even a reply (for the money) won't be terrible but we have to remember that this is a top Spurs wide we're playing and not to let our heads drop whatever happens. This game is about releasing pressure and increasing confidence (and not picking up injuries to key players).

This sums it up perfectly, this is the attitude everyone should take to the game tomorrow.

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with those few ppl who have gone for any kind of defeat!!! I know u will try to justify your choices by saying "It means we can concentrate on the League or see CL get sacked"!! BUT really any supporter who votes for a LEICESTER CITY loss is no true supporter at all!!! Be ashamed! :mad:

the question was what would be a good result. its stupid to say that only a win or draw is a good result. if we were to lose 1-0 having played a really competitive game then it would still be a good result. i'm sure luton fans are very happy with today's game because they not only played well but got a fantastric result against a team as good as liverpool

the question was what would be a good result. its stupid to say that only a win or draw is a good result. if we were to lose 1-0 having played a really competitive game then it would still be a good result. i'm sure luton fans are very happy with today's game because they not only played well but got a fantastric result against a team as good as liverpool

Yeh your right, not quite sure which so called fans have voted for a 6+ loss tho :o

I think your wrong, we have put in some great performances in SOME games this season and got nothing and as everyone keeps saying it is the result at the end of the game that matters! I'm sure if u asked any of the Leicester players, then they would be more than happy to SNEAK a cheeky win against 4th prem team rather than put in a solid display but lose 1-0. When did performances start becoming more important than results?!?!

Well in the league it is the result that matters because you're aim is to get as many points as possible. It would be excellent for the lads if they can play well against a 4th placed premiership team, and I think would boost confidence more than the result would. Just my opinion.

Well in the league it is the result that matters because you're aim is to get as many points as possible. It would be excellent for the lads if they can play well against a 4th placed premiership team, and I think would boost confidence more than the result would. Just my opinion.

Oh yes i would normally totally agree with you but i just think the way are season has unfolded with us having SOME good performances but going home with nothing, it just seems we need to nick a result from somewhere be that in the cup or more importantly in the league. I'm not saying we have been unlucky in the past but maybe we do need to nick a 1-0 win from somewhere, so we can taste how it feels to win again!

At the time of posting no Premiership side has yet been knocked out of this season's FA Cup. In fact it is quite conceivable that all of them might go through to the fourth round. I'll stick my neck out and say that this has never happened before (I'd like to be proved wrong on this)?

The gulf between the Prem and the rest continues to widen. Many of the top sides now just put out a second string in this tournament. So it's a bit much to expect possibly the only true giant killing act tomorrow against the best Spurs side for at least a decade or two. And that would apply if we were at the opposite end of the table.

I think that Doncaster's success in the League Cup is too fresh in the mind. But most Premiership sides have little regard for that competition and the critical rounds come very early in the season when many top sides have yet to click and this makes upsets more likely.

If the outcome tomorrow is a 'scoring' defeat and we play well I, for one, will be more than content. The trick is not to let the players think that.

If the outcome tomorrow is a 'scoring' defeat and we play well I, for one, will be more than content. The trick is not to let the players think that.

My sentiments exactly.

If we found the net it would at least give us something to take into the game at Hillsborough.

At the time of posting no Premiership side has yet been knocked out of this season's FA Cup. In fact it is quite conceivable that all of them might go through to the fourth round. I'll stick my neck out and say that this has never happened before (I'd like to be proved wrong on this)?

The gulf between the Prem and the rest continues to widen. Many of the top sides now just put out a second string in this tournament. So it's a bit much to expect possibly the only true giant killing act tomorrow against the best Spurs side for at least a decade and possibly two. And that would apply if we were at the opposite end of the table.

I think that Doncaster's success in the League Cup is too fresh in the mind. But most Premiership sides have little regard for that competition and the critical rounds come very early in the season when many top sides have yet to click and this makes upsets more likely.

16-1 this was!!

I agree with you there Chandler.

Don't be so thick. It's nothing to do with concentrating on the league, it's about being realistic. I am absolutely terrified that were going to embaress ourselves in front of millions and concede shit loads of goals. I would take a 1-0 defeat.

Well said. Its not as if its a league game vs Millwall or Crewe where no-one would have accepted anything less than a win.Spurs are massive favourites and to indicate by being realistic in a vote to be accused of not being fans is pathetic.I think we'll lose but have put a bet on for us to win 'cos it'd be amazing. Even a 1 goal defeat or draw would give the team spirits and fans a huge lift. What is more important is who is going to the game rather than watch it on the box.

Archived