Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Adams flips over Coyne

Adams flips over Coyne

Leicester manager Micky Adams has hit out at goalkeeper Danny Coyne over his £25,000 transfer to Championship rivals Burnley.

Coyne has signed a three-year deal with the Clarets while the Foxes have signed veteran 36-year-old Kevin Pressman as replacement cover for established first-choice shot-stopper Ian Walker.

But Adams said: "If I'm honest I have to say I'm disappointed in Danny.

"We offered him a one-year contract when he came from Grimsby last summer but he said he wanted a two-year deal so we gave it to him. Now, after one year, he wants to go.

"I wouldn't say he goes with my best wishes either because he gave me a problem I could well have done without this summer."

Coyne wasnt going to play though. If i was him i'd rather play first team football. Do you think he's getting paid the same amount of money at Burnley? Obviously he came here cause he wanted to be at a premiership team and thought maybe he'd stand a chance in the first team but it wasnt the case. I got no problems with that. He's quite a small keeper anyway.

Like micky says if they dont wanna play then get em out. But we should have got more cash for sure.

He probably did want to play! But realistically he isnt going to get ahead of Ian Walker so he left to be first choice again.

Like micky says if they dont wanna play then get em out. But we should have got more cash for sure.

He probably did want to play! But realistically he isnt going to get ahead of Ian Walker so he left to be first choice again.

I realise of course that he wanted to play, but i mean if he didnt wanna play for us, and wait for his chances in the side then get him out, he knew the score before he came so should have expected to be on the bench.

Danny Coyne himself said when he signed that he knew he was second choice. He's done nothing to justify that he deserves a first team spot, despite only playing a few games. Don't really care, but he's better than Pie Muncher, and we should have sold him for more than 25k.

Archived