Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

McCarthy Demands Improvement.

McCarthy Demands Improvement

Paddy McCarthy has urged the City squad to stand up and be counted over the remaining three-and-a-half months of the season.

The stand-in skipper was a part of the side who went down 2-1 at relegation rivals Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday afternoon.

And with Brighton overcoming high-fliers Leeds at the Withdean, the Foxes have slumped into the bottom three for the first time this season.

"Everyone is extremely disappointed at this moment in time and I think all the players are now aware of the mess we are in," said the Irish defender.

"We are firmly involved in a relegation dog-fight between now and the end of the season and it is important that all the players stand up and be counted.

"We must kick on, starting against Cardiff, and pick up some points from somewhere."

The visitors opened the scoring through Richard Stearman - his first league strike of the campaign - but goals from the Owls' Chris Brunt and captain Graham Coughlan did the damage and in the process inflicted a 12th Championship defeat on the Foxes.

McCarthy added: "We knew before the match that it was a must-win game.

"We set the standard last Sunday against Spurs and showed people what we can do but once again we have let everyone including the fans and gaffer down.

"It is just not acceptable. Hopefully slipping into the bottom three will give us the kick up the backside that we need and kick us into gear."

The former Manchester City centre-half has also asked for the fans' patience at this difficult time.

"Considering our form the supporters have been fantastic.

"We can all understand their frustrations but the players need their support from here on in, they can be our 12th man and help push us on.

"They were great against Spurs - when they are behind us it helps raise our game and lifts the mood around the whole camp.

"Hopefully things will take a turn for the better, we do have a good bunch of players and we remain confident that we can drag ourselves out of this mess."

lcfc.com

Paddy is one of not many players who seems to care, looks like he wants to win, shows some passion, and I am not questioning Paddy's commitment one but I am sick of hearing and reading these comments, after every game we lose/draw/play bad there always seems to be players interviews saying "We're trying our best" "The win will come soon" "We'll be back on the training ground trying to put it right" and all the rest of the bullshit. I'm sick of it, I don't want to hear it, I don't want to read it...I want to see it, I can say "I'm the best footballer in the world"...I'm not, and this exactly what it feels like when reading players comments after another loss...False comments, c'mon lads, don't lie to us, we can see with our own eyes, don't fool yourselves, don't try and make out your better than you are, I don't wanna see you making lies, talking shit, If you wanna send a message to the fans, If you wanna prove the fans wrong, Do it on the pitch that will make me happy, reading all the lies just makes me (Don't know about anyone else) me more mad and angry at the players.

This isn't a stab at Paddy because he does show us alot, and Paddy is probably one of the most honest players at the club this is more of a stab at other players in the team...

I just feel like they are protesting too much, if you know what I mean.

Actions speak louder than words and their seeming inability to act renders their well-meaning (but possibly empty) words as immaterial.

Exactly that is what I was trying to say in my "essay" :rolleyes:lol

"Everyone is extremely disappointed at this moment in time and I think all the players are now aware of the mess we are in," said the Irish defender.

only just aware of the mess we are in, are they being serious, does it really take going into the bottom three for the players to realise that for themselves, i no people say footballers are thick but they surely cant be that stupid???

Yet another load of bollocks from another LCFC player. They should shut the f**k up and let their football do the talking. It's the same old shit every week that I just don't bother reading it anymore, and didn't read McCarthy's article either.

Archived