Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The season review

Our most important game this season will be game 46 in the Championship. It is going right down to the wire and it'll be touch and go whether we'll go down.

I don't see any real point in changing manager now. If we wanted to do it, we should of done it at the start of January, this would of given the "new manager" enough time to asses the rubbish, sorry I mean squad he's inherited and choose how to spend any money given to him by the board.

All we can do now is pray that the players can motivate themselves, as Craig Levein seems unable to do it.

People ask why we can go out and beat a team like Tottenham and then lose to Sheffield Wednesday. The answer to this is simple really, just think yourself how you'd play when you were playing a bigger team.

Leicester wanted to beat Spurs, they are meant to be one of the five best teams in this country!! Spurs came to Leicester thinking, this team is dire and near the bottom of the Championship, we should beat them 2/3-0, which is what should of happened on paper.

On the day, Tottenham didn't play well and we won because we raised our game. That was the best performance I've seen from De Vries, Hughes and Stearman in a Leicester shirt. It is Craig Levein's job to make sure that his players play that way week in week out. THAT is the managers job. Unfortunately he is unable to do this. We play well when the players motivate themselves.

I believe Craig Levein does have an eye for talent and potential bargain players. Some people might question this lets just asses his signings.

Marc De Vries

I see De Vries as a bargain at the rumoured £50k we got him for. So he's a cart horse, but he'll give it his all. The guy can't jump so why do we play long ball to his head. Against Spurs we played the ball into his chest and feet. This allows De Vries to control the ball (which he isn't bad at) and feed his midfielders. His shooting is somewhat wild however. We need to play the ball to the guys feet, NO MORE LONG BALL he is useless in the air! Let him use his strength and hold up the ball and lay it off to the midfielders.

Alan Maybury

To sign a player like Alan Maybury for £150k isn't exactly bad although we haven't seen the best of him this season. He lacks any real pace, but is willing to go forward and help the attack if he's comfortable with his role. Unfortunately with the emergence of Stearman at right back and the ongoing left back sarga we've had this season, the guy seems to be Craig's first choice left back now. When I've seen Maybury play here, he looks like a fish out of water. I see him as more of a right wing back rather than an actual full back. So we should either play him at right back or not at all.

MoMo Sylla

MoMo has all the technique to be a really, really good player for this club. Craig Levein also snapped him up on a free transfer, so he's a bargain as well. He's come in for flack from the fans recently for being lazy and uninterested which he unquestionable deserves. At times he watches the world pass him by. The coaching staff simple seem unable to motivate MoMo. The only time MoMo plays is when he wants to, he needs shaking and slapping with a wet fish. Come on MoMo, lets have a few more performances like the pre season friendly against Inter Milan.

Joe Hammill

The worst of Craig Levein's buy he lacks the necessary speed and ability to be a winger in this division. He's out of his league in this division.

Patrick Kisnorbo

I don't actually think he's that back. Okay so the guy isn't going to split the opposition defence with that killer pass. He plays a game he's comfortable with. So that's the pass backwards or sideways then. His best performances like I've previously said, have been in defence rather than midfield. Play the guy in defence or not at all. I'd play him at left back if Alan Sheehan isn't ready (not that I'm saying he isn't).

Patrick McCarthy

Arguable the best of Craig Levein's signings. The guy has won me over, I thought he was somewhat rash and suffered from the same disorder as Danny Tiatto and just wanted to kick the opposition rather than play football. However I think he's got better as the seasons gone on. I see him as a future club captain. We don't have a problem here really. He needs to set up a natural centre back defensive partnership. I'd like to see him team up with either Gerrbrand or Nissi.

Patrick Gerrbrand

He seems to be rather injury prone like Stephen Hughes. When we've seen him play he's looked good. He has the ability to bring the ball out of defence and is willing to pass the ball out rather than give it the big Hoff. He'll be a big player for Leicester if we keep him and I'd like to see him either partner McCarthy in defence or maybe even fill the centre midfield role once Joey G's gone.

We just need to sort his fitness out!! We need this guy in the team as he'll be a real asset to the club.

Peter Gilbert

What a waste of money. I'm still sure our scout said "check out the left sided player at Plymouth", meaning Capaldi and Craig Levein went to watch and saw Gilbert.

Nils Eric Johansson

Lets get this straight, he's a centre back and like Alan Maybury, looks like a fish out of water at left back. We either play him at centre back with McCarthy or we let him go as he's got to be one of the higher paid players at the club. We haven't used his experience this season. He is a good player and when played at centre back I think he's looked good. I think Craig, despite what's been said originally purchased him to play left back and I assume that there's been some friction behind the scenes, especially after Levein's public attack on him.

Elvis Hammond

I don't see Elvis as a first choice forward. His pace will always trouble people but he lacks that eye for goal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can teach a guy to cross but you can't teach a guy to score. That's instinctive. Elvis Hammond should be retrained to play the right wing position and taught to cross a ball.

Iain Hume

I think I'm in the minority when I say that I've not been over impressed with Iain Hume (Sorry Ric). He isn't an out and out forward and I, like Thracian think he'd be better employed as attacking midfielder, which is okay if your playing one up front and letting De Vries hold up the ball and lay it off to him. Otherwise I don't see how the guy fits into our team long term. What he will do is give 110% and chase every lost cause, similar to the way Dickov used to. Unfortunately he lacks that killer instinct in front of goal that Paul Dickov had.

Matty Fryatt

I've haven't seen this guy play for Leicester yet. I've heard promising things about him and I hope he'll score the goals to keep us in the Championship. I just hope it isn't asking to much of a young lad who's never played at this level.

Rab Douglas

Its a close call between Douglas and Henderson for me. Whilst Rab makes some outstanding saves, he seems prone to make the odd clanger and I have to close my eyes when I see him come raging out of the box, normally to clatter the opposing player. He has cost of goals, maybe games this season. If I was a defender in front of him I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with Rab in goal. The defence needs confidence in its goalkeeper, I don't think they have that at the moment.

Paul Henderson

Henderson would be my first choice keeper, that opinion is purely based on appearances I've seen however. Henderson likes to stay on his line more than Rab and seems a capable shot stopper.

Stephen Hughes

I thought this guy would be the key to our season this year. Craig Levein snapped him up for a mere £100k. An absolute bargain for the amount of talent and technique this guy has. He isn't a winger, why Levein plays him out wide, I'll never know. He needs to play centre with either Williams or Gerrbrand for me. It's his best position and it'll let him join in the attack more. I don't believe in this rubbish that you can't play Hughes and Williams in the same midfield. If the defence is good enough, you don't need to play a holding midfielder.

Lars Hichfield

I never saw him play. So it'd be unfair to comment.

With a fully fit squad, we should play:

GK: Henderson

DL: Kisnorbo/Sheehan

DR: Maybury/Stearman

DC: McCarthy

DC: Johansson/Gerrbrand

ML: Sheehan/Wesolowski

MR: Hammond/Sylla

MC: Hughes/Williams

MC: Gerrbrand/Hughes

FW: De Vries

FW: Hume/Fryatt??

A final point to mention however is that these are just my opinions, and opinions are like a**eholes. Everyone has one. :ph34r:

Our most important game this season will be game 46 in the Championship. It is going right down to the wire and it'll be touch and go whether we'll go down.

I don't see any real point in changing manager now. If we wanted to do it, we should of done it at the start of January, this would of given the "new manager" enough time to asses the rubbish, sorry I mean squad he's inherited and choose how to spend any money given to him by the board.

All we can do now is pray that the players can motivate themselves, as Craig Levein seems unable to do it.

People ask why we can go out and beat a team like Tottenham and then lose to Sheffield Wednesday. The answer to this is simple really, just think yourself how you'd play when you were playing a bigger team.

Leicester wanted to beat Spurs, they are meant to be one of the five best teams in this country!! Spurs came to Leicester thinking, this team is dire and near the bottom of the Championship, we should beat them 2/3-0, which is what should of happened on paper.

On the day, Tottenham didn't play well and we won because we raised our game. That was the best performance I've seen from De Vries, Hughes and Stearman in a Leicester shirt. It is Craig Levein's job to make sure that his players play that way week in week out. THAT is the managers job. Unfortunately he is unable to do this. We play well when the players motivate themselves.

I believe Craig Levein does have an eye for talent and potential bargain players. Some people might question this lets just asses his signings.

Marc De Vries

I see De Vries as a bargain at the rumoured £50k we got him for. So he's a cart horse, but he'll give it his all. The guy can't jump so why do we play long ball to his head. Against Spurs we played the ball into his chest and feet. This allows De Vries to control the ball (which he isn't bad at) and feed his midfielders. His shooting is somewhat wild however. We need to play the ball to the guys feet, NO MORE LONG BALL he is useless in the air! Let him use his strength and hold up the ball and lay it off to the midfielders.

Alan Maybury

To sign a player like Alan Maybury for £150k isn't exactly bad although we haven't seen the best of him this season. He lacks any real pace, but is willing to go forward and help the attack if he's comfortable with his role. Unfortunately with the emergence of Stearman at right back and the ongoing left back sarga we've had this season, the guy seems to be Craig's first choice left back now. When I've seen Maybury play here, he looks like a fish out of water. I see him as more of a right wing back rather than an actual full back. So we should either play him at right back or not at all.

MoMo Sylla

MoMo has all the technique to be a really, really good player for this club. Craig Levein also snapped him up on a free transfer, so he's a bargain as well. He's come in for flack from the fans recently for being lazy and uninterested which he unquestionable deserves. At times he watches the world pass him by. The coaching staff simple seem unable to motivate MoMo. The only time MoMo plays is when he wants to, he needs shaking and slapping with a wet fish. Come on MoMo, lets have a few more performances like the pre season friendly against Inter Milan.

Joe Hammill

The worst of Craig Levein's buy he lacks the necessary speed and ability to be a winger in this division. He's out of his league in this division.

Patrick Kisnorbo

I don't actually think he's that back. Okay so the guy isn't going to split the opposition defence with that killer pass. He plays a game he's comfortable with. So that's the pass backwards or sideways then. His best performances like I've previously said, have been in defence rather than midfield. Play the guy in defence or not at all. I'd play him at left back if Alan Sheehan isn't ready (not that I'm saying he isn't).

Patrick McCarthy

Arguable the best of Craig Levein's signings. The guy has won me over, I thought he was somewhat rash and suffered from the same disorder as Danny Tiatto and just wanted to kick the opposition rather than play football. However I think he's got better as the seasons gone on. I see him as a future club captain. We don't have a problem here really. He needs to set up a natural centre back defensive partnership. I'd like to see him team up with either Gerrbrand or Nissi.

Patrick Gerrbrand

He seems to be rather injury prone like Stephen Hughes. When we've seen him play he's looked good. He has the ability to bring the ball out of defence and is willing to pass the ball out rather than give it the big Hoff. He'll be a big player for Leicester if we keep him and I'd like to see him either partner McCarthy in defence or maybe even fill the centre midfield role once Joey G's gone.

We just need to sort his fitness out!! We need this guy in the team as he'll be a real asset to the club.

Peter Gilbert

What a waste of money. I'm still sure our scout said "check out the left sided player at Plymouth", meaning Capaldi and Craig Levein went to watch and saw Gilbert.

Nils Eric Johansson

Lets get this straight, he's a centre back and like Alan Maybury, looks like a fish out of water at left back. We either play him at centre back with McCarthy or we let him go as he's got to be one of the higher paid players at the club. We haven't used his experience this season. He is a good player and when played at centre back I think he's looked good. I think Craig, despite what's been said originally purchased him to play left back and I assume that there's been some friction behind the scenes, especially after Levein's public attack on him.

Elvis Hammond

I don't see Elvis as a first choice forward. His pace will always trouble people but he lacks that eye for goal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can teach a guy to cross but you can't teach a guy to score. That's instinctive. Elvis Hammond should be retrained to play the right wing position and taught to cross a ball.

Iain Hume

I think I'm in the minority when I say that I've not been over impressed with Iain Hume (Sorry Ric). He isn't an out and out forward and I, like Thracian think he'd be better employed as attacking midfielder, which is okay if your playing one up front and letting De Vries hold up the ball and lay it off to him. Otherwise I don't see how the guy fits into our team long term. What he will do is give 110% and chase every lost cause, similar to the way Dickov used to. Unfortunately he lacks that killer instinct in front of goal that Paul Dickov had.

Matty Fryatt

I've haven't seen this guy play for Leicester yet. I've heard promising things about him and I hope he'll score the goals to keep us in the Championship. I just hope it isn't asking to much of a young lad who's never played at this level.

Rab Douglas

Its a close call between Douglas and Henderson for me. Whilst Rab makes some outstanding saves, he seems prone to make the odd clanger and I have to close my eyes when I see him come raging out of the box, normally to clatter the opposing player. He has cost of goals, maybe games this season. If I was a defender in front of him I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with Rab in goal. The defence needs confidence in its goalkeeper, I don't think they have that at the moment.

Paul Henderson

Henderson would be my first choice keeper, that opinion is purely based on appearances I've seen however. Henderson likes to stay on his line more than Rab and seems a capable shot stopper.

Stephen Hughes

I thought this guy would be the key to our season this year. Craig Levein snapped him up for a mere £100k. An absolute bargain for the amount of talent and technique this guy has. He isn't a winger, why Levein plays him out wide, I'll never know. He needs to play centre with either Williams or Gerrbrand for me. It's his best position and it'll let him join in the attack more. I don't believe in this rubbish that you can't play Hughes and Williams in the same midfield. If the defence is good enough, you don't need to play a holding midfielder.

Lars Hichfield

A final point to mention however is that these are just my opinions, and opinions are like a**eholes. Everyone has one. :ph34r:

Now he would be a class signing for the club. Apparently he's massive out in Germany and Holland, a market we could tap in to possibly?

I'll be ready..................

Now he would be a class signing for the club. Apparently he's massive out in Germany and Holland, a market we could tap in to possibly?

I'll be ready..................

I heard that to. I suppose that's why Craig let him go. :P

Marc De Vries

Alan Maybury

MoMo Sylla

Joe Hammill

Patrick Kisnorbo

Patrick McCarthy

Patrick Gerrbrand

Peter Gilbert

Nils Eric Johansson

Elvis Hammond

Iain Hume

Matty Fryatt

Rab Douglas

Paul Henderson

Stephen Hughes

Lars Hichfield

I have to say that is one of the best posts I've read in ages. I agree with almost all of what you've said expect one minor point, in that Dickov wasn't a natural goal scorer, it's something he had to learn, Hume and Hammond could also do this.

I have to say that is one of the best posts I've read in ages. I agree with almost all of what you've said expect one minor point, in that Dickov wasn't a natural goal scorer, it's something he had to learn, Hume and Hammond could also do this.

Why thank you.

Maybe Dickov wasn't a natural goal scorer, but he certianely had more about him in front of goal than than Hume and Hammond.

Both will get better. I just don't think either is what you'd call Premiership class.

I just hope that they both prove me wrong.

I think this is the problem Sly_XXX.

Levein's signings bar 2-3 players have been generally quite good. To me, Sylla, Hamill & Kisnorbo have been let downs and the jury is still out for Douglas. The rest are ok. So the squad of players we have is actually quite good, which leads to questions as to why they are not performing.

That is the magic question, with many pointing to the manager as the answer.

I really think it hinges on the next game (or plymouth one soon after) at home as to what happens. If we lose with another clueless & lacklustre performance, I think Levein will be out. Failing that, a defeat to Plymouth really and no sign of improvement and it would probably be curtains.

Sad thing is, I still believe that Levein can scrape enough results to turn it around. The pressure is on for the next home match. I believe we should see a reaction against Cardiff and hopefully we can push on from there.

I also forgot to add that I cannot understand why people would prefer Hammond on the wing to Hume. I think Hume is the better player and believe he has played on the wing at Tranmere.

So I would rather see Hume on the wing over Elvis, not that it matters because it will be Smith and Hughes on the wings for Saturday

I also forgot to add that I cannot understand why people would prefer Hammond on the wing to Hume. I think Hume is the better player and believe he has played on the wing at Tranmere.

So I would rather see Hume on the wing over Elvis, not that it matters because it will be Smith and Hughes on the wings for Saturday

Smith needs to learn to use his right foot.

I think it's just down to the amount of pace Hammond has.

Tottenham are a better team but we are similar clubs in stature i.e. about the same, therefore they are not the bigger club

Judging by the amount of fans, the past etc..

Just making my point

Cheers

Tottenham are a better team but we are similar clubs in stature i.e. about the same, therefore they are not the bigger club

Just making my point

Cheers

Just not the case.

Tottenham surely have a better history of actually winning stuff?

Just making my point

Cheers

I disagree.

They are a top 5 Premiership club.

We are a bottom 3 Championship club.

The table doesn't lie.

After this season, one whole league will seperate the two clubs.

Just not the case.

Tottenham surely have a better history of actually winning stuff?

Maybe the case

but if you look at the experience of top flight footballe, crowd size, etc. very similar clubs !!!!

Although they are a lot better now

crowd size, money, finances, players etc.

But we are similar clubs

But this is irrlevent your team Leicester should be able to perform against Tottenham and SHEFF WED!!!

You have a good enough squad to be us and that is me being honest

I still feel that you will survive relegation

i also feel that if you had another manager in charge (a better manager) then you would easily finish mid table and definatley above us

I disagree.

They are a top 5 Premiership club.

We are a bottom 3 Championship club.

The table doesn't lie.

After this season, one whole league will seperate the two clubs.

i mean in stature as facilties, ground capacity, training facilities etc..

Stature is probably the wrong word sorry

I think Sly was maybe talking about Leicester?

Sheff Wed is a Prem club really, much rather see them there than Wigan and Fulham, who bought their way to the top.

I like this squabbling.

SWFC are a tiny two-bit club.

THFC have just got lucky on a couple of youngsters, it'll come to nothing.

LCFC on the other hand - best team bound for League one!

i mean in stature as facilties, ground capacity, training facilities etc..

Stature is probably the wrong word sorry

'Tis okay.

The setups of both clubs are pretty similar I assume.

Tottenham will have a better scouting and youth policy than ours.

Unfortunately, one of the consequences of us going bust was everyone concerned with this side of things was made redundent. I'm not sure if this side of things has ever got up and running again.

I don't see Sheff Wed having the bottle to hang around in the bottom three?

Feeling the pressure eh? The heat got turned up and bam - you were out of the kitchen.

Not us eh? eh?

Fookin ave it!

I'm sure they're thinking "lets just giving the fans something to talk about" on foxestalk.

Are you Levein in disguise??

i agree with the kisnorbo comment hes not gerrard but his defending is good. one of his best performances was when he got put at the pack with paddy m in the crew game after sheehan got sent off.

Kisnorbo will do a decent defensive job where ever you play him. Like I said though, he's never going to pass the ball around like Beckham.

He should be playing left back.

Archived