Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
buffelobill

Visitor from Rangers

Hi,

I am just visiting from the Rangers site, Follow Follow. I used to go to Filbert St when I lived in the Midlands and my wife is a City fan. I have 2 questions you can help me with.

1. How is Stephen Hughes doing? I saw the game against Spurs and he looked good.

2. How is the young kid that Balde maimed in the pre-season friendly? This guy should be thrown out of football. Up here he has been a thug for years and he has injured many players including the Aberdeen goalie, Ryan Essien, which was GBH in everybody's mind except the referee. He also injured his own teammate, now ex Sutton, in a game against us.

Thanks for any info.

Hughes is doing ok, he hasn't featured much this season sue to injurie and Levein not picking him. Everyone rates him as a good player though.

Wesolowski is making his first start tonight for the reserves since the Balde tackle, fingers crossed he'll be back in the first team in a few weeks.

Hi,

I am just visiting from the Rangers site, Follow Follow. I used to go to Filbert St when I lived in the Midlands and my wife is a City fan. I have 2 questions you can help me with.

1. How is Stephen Hughes doing? I saw the game against Spurs and he looked good.

2. How is the young kid that Balde maimed in the pre-season friendly? This guy should be thrown out of football. Up here he has been a thug for years and he has injured many players including the Aberdeen goalie, Ryan Essien, which was GBH in everybody's mind except the referee. He also injured his own teammate, now ex Sutton, in a game against us.

Thanks for any info.

1. Hughes has obvious class and last season he was arguably our best player in the final 10-12 games of the season. This season he's been blighted by injuries but has started to get back in the swing of things. Was he injured much at Rangers?

2. James Wesolowski is back in training now and is included in the starting line-up for the reserves v Arsenal tonight. Levein has said that if he completes 90 mins tonight, then he'll be tempted to put him in the first team squad against Cardiff on saturday.

1. Hughes has obvious class and last season he was arguably our best player in the final 10-12 games of the season. This season he's been blighted by injuries but has started to get back in the swing of things. Was he injured much at Rangers?

2. James Wesolowski is back in training now and is included in the starting line-up for the reserves v Arsenal tonight. Levein has said that if he completes 90 mins tonight, then he'll be tempted to put him in the first team squad against Cardiff on saturday.

Hughe was THE best prospect at Rangers according to none less than Frank De Boer but at 18 he got a bad injury to either knee or ankle ligaments and by the time he got back he was on the sidelines at Rangers.

Good news about the young Wesolowski. Hope he is okay and he has the best wishes of everyone at Rangers.

Hughe was THE best prospect at Rangers according to none less than Frank De Boer but at 18 he got a bad injury to either knee or ankle ligaments and by the time he got back he was on the sidelines at Rangers.

Good news about the young Wesolowski. Hope he is okay and he has the best wishes of everyone at Rangers.

It was his ankle that he's been suffering badly with this season. I think he's getting back to his best though and it's a good job because we desperately need him.

Hi buffelobill, I am a CITY FAN 99.9% but a bit of me loves RANGERS due to family reasons. Hope you dominate Scottish football for years over the C*ltic F*nions !!!

Good luck for the season !! :devil:

There is no room for Bigotry on this forum. If your a Gers fan fair enough but keep the dialogue respectful.

Thanks for the good wishes for the two Leicester players... I think the club really needs Hughes to keep at it, if he stays healthy his form will definitely improve as the season is going along... but isn't Levein playing him on the wing (??). I'm excited for Wesolowski's return and I'm pleased he's been able to recover so quickly--good luck to him.

However, the only "real" Rangers that play in blue, white and red are an ice hockey team from New York ;) I must admit that I don't care for Rangers at all, even though the captain of the U.S. squad, Claudio Reyna, had a spell at Ibrox.

What is Thompson like who went to Cardiff and scored two on debut?

Its about the only Scottish player i thought we should sign to play instead of De Vris ive seen him 3 times looked good every game but you must of seen more of him?

150k what a bargain? Craig obviously thinks De Vris has more than him

lets hope he has a nightmare Sat (thompson not De Vris)

Hi,

Thanks for any info.

Hughesy was very good at the end of last season but I must say he looked quite poor on Saturday. I suppose playing out of position doesn't help him but he just seems to have lost the willingness to pick the ball up, pass it and make a run forward. Now he plays the ball and takes a few steps back. It reminded me of the way Gareth Williams plays at times. I'm pretty sure it was his knee/s that was/were messed up when he joined us due to a past injury and now he's had trouble with his ankle, he's not been very lucky. Hopefully he can recreate the form of last season to help us pull through.

Archived