Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Dodds to.....

Hinckley on loan according to the Merc.

DODDS ON WAY TO JOIN UP WITH KNITTERS SQUAD

Be the first reader to comment on this story BY STEVE PUMFREY

10:30 - 20 January 2006

Hinckley United manager Dean Thomas is close to clinching a deal to take young Leicester City striker Louis Dodds to the Marston's Stadium.

Thomas has held talks with City, and is waiting for the nod to take Dodds on a month's loan.

"He would be a big asset for us as we are reaching a vitally important stage of the season," said Thomas.

"He played against Arsenal for City Reserves at our place earlier this week so I was able to have another look at him.

"He played in a wide role for City, but I see him more in a central striking role."

Dodds has been a consistent scorer for City's Under-17 and Under-18 sides, and has also received England recognition at Under-18 level.

Thomas has also completed loan moves to take two Bury players to the Conference North club.

Goalkeeper Craig Dootson has arrived on a month's deal from the League Two side, although Bury have the option of a 24-hour recall.

Dootson, aged 26, has previously spent a period on loan at Conference North rivals Staly-bridge Celtic.

Thomas has moved swiftly to sign Dootson after revealing that first-choice Dan Haystead is facing a lengthy lay-off with a hernia problem.

"He could be out for 10 weeks, and with Ryan Price also suffering with a bad back, I had to bring someone in," Thomas said.

Also joining from the Bury ranks is teenage defender Russell Hitchen and he will cover for centre-back Brad Piercewright, who has been struggling with injury.

The Knitters face Hednesford Town at the Marston's Stadium tomorrow (3.0), and then Worcester City are the visitors on Tuesday night.

Both opponents are in the bottom three, so Thomas views the games as "must-win" scenarios to maintain their push for the play-offs.

"We have to improve our home form if we are to stay in contention so I can't stress enough the importance of these next two games," said Thomas. "We will not be influenced by their positions either. Both opponents are capable, on their day, of beating teams in higher positions."

Thomas will delay naming his side until he receives fitness checks on Richard Lavery and Lee Colkin.

From the sounds of that it doesn't look good for louis dodds. Lets hope he proves me wrong. Good luck louis :thumbup:

This sounds a bit like what our ‘friend from the north’ posted CL will bleed us dry of our new and young talent.

Mr C won't be impressed.

Why not?

This is something we should do more often. Instead of releasing a potentially good player, by sending them to a nearby club on loan for a month or two in a lower league in Hinckley we'll get a better idea of them. This can only benefit Dodds.

Why not?

This is something we should do more often. Instead of releasing a potentially good player, by sending them to a nearby club on loan for a month or two in a lower league in Hinckley we'll get a better idea of them. This can only benefit Dodds.

Spot on there IMO.

Archived