Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tshine

The long ball

MdV will always look rubbish if long balls are punted up to him at head height. Against Spurs alot of the service was from little balls clipped into him and he looked better as a result.

The 'long ball' is a result of a lack of gameplan and players lacking confidence/failing to take responsibility. The only way it works is if you have someone who is genuinely talented in the air, or have a Dickov type player who can harry defences following knockdowns etc.

If De Vries is going to play, he needs the service he got against Spurs and midfielders breaking from deep to support (like Hughes was doing). CL has either not learned or has no control over what his team is doing.

If we're going to play hoofball, de Vries would probably be the last on my list, as i pointed out earlier, HE CANNOT HEAD IT!

Dion is the best header of the ball in our team so he would be ideal if that how we intend to play :(

Dion is the best header of the ball in our team so he would be ideal if that how we intend to play :(

Thats the thing though, we shouldnt be playing this hoofball. We have got enough quality here to be at least be in the top half and be playing good football aswell. Although it hasnt shown on the pitch, IMO that is purely down to CL's poor team selections, tactics etc...

We have the quality now to play it on the ground (with Hume and Fryatt up front) and this is why de vries should be on the bench at most for Leicester. Whenever he plays this tendency to play hoofball creeps back in again

Thats the thing though, we shouldnt be playing this hoofball. We have got enough quality here to be at least be in the top half and be playing good football aswell. Although it hasnt shown on the pitch, IMO that is purely down to CL's poor team selections, tactics etc...

We have the quality now to play it on the ground (with Hume and Fryatt up front) and this is why de vries should be on the bench at most for Leicester. Whenever he plays this tendency to play hoofball creeps back in again

I don't know how CL can keep leaving Hume out he wins more headers than MDV anyway and is much faster. i agree , we have got enough talent to paly it along the ground. :thumbup:

Where are you coming from hume? All through his managerial career Levein has always played this way. Thats why he got MDV here in the first place. You're asking him to go against his instincts.

Where are you coming from hume? All through his managerial career Levein has always played this way. Thats why he got MDV here in the first place. You're asking him to go against his instincts.

his instincts have done wonders for us so far :unsure:

Thats why, FFS, Levein has to go and never come back. His managerial instincts are not of the good sort.

Until Levein leaves and our next manager or caretaker whatever realises that de vries is crap, we will continue to play hoofball, thus causing de vries to lose more headers/posession and result in us never scoring, which isnt too good is it? Unless you like going to Yeovil, S****horpe etc....

I'm pretty sure i dont :cry:

Thats why, FFS, Levein has to go and never come back. His managerial instincts are not of the good sort.

Until Levein leaves and our next manager or caretaker whatever realises that de vries is crap, we will continue to play hoofball, thus causing de vries to lose more headers/posession and result in us never scoring, which isnt too good is it? Unless you like going to Yeovil, S****horpe etc....

im surprised the players havent realised the tactics are not working :whistle: Tuesday will be interesting :unsure:

I was calling for Levein's head a long time ago. I just don't think asking a manager to do something against his nature makes sense.

Questions have to be asked of his nature due to his results

You don't need to tell me that. All I'm saying is that it is stupid to tell Levein that your tactics are better than his. He has to go and that's all there is to it.

Do you thgink he will play MDV on tuesday?

Yes, because he will not swallow his pride and admit that he is not good enough. In fact , i would go as far as to say that Levein is only here to prove to the Scottish that the SPL is as good as the Championship. I'm afraid he has failed miserably. de vries- big goalscorer in the SPL, de vries in the Championship- SHITE!!!

So he actually might not because he knows if we play de vries we wont score, so we wont win!

The mans a genius!

Levein out! :mad:

Kisnorbo out! :mad:

Hamill out! :mad:

de vries out! :mad:

Douglas out! :mad:

Barber out! :mad:

Blanderson out! :mad:

Now, Maybury out! :mad:

Yes, because he will not swallow his pride and admit that he is not good enough. In fact , i would go as far as to say that Levein is only here to prove to the Scottish that the SPL is as good as the Championship. I'm afraid he has failed miserably. de vries- big goalscorer in the SPL, de vries in the Championship- SHITE!!!

So he actually might not because he knows if we play de vries we wont score, so we wont win!

The mans a genius!

Levein out! :mad:

Kisnorbo out! :mad:

Hamill out! :mad:

de vries out! :mad:

Douglas out! :mad:

Barber out! :mad:

Blanderson out! :mad:

Now, Maybury out! :mad:

Yes maybury had a bad game but he has done well as he is playing out of position. We need a left back urgently

Archived