Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Our Chairman

How come its Tim Davies (the chief exec) doing the sackings, the official statements, the announcements etc?

Most other football club chairmans do that sort of job.

And I don't think I even know who the chairman is because we hear nothing of him. Is it McCahill??

How come its Tim Davies (the chief exec) doing the sackings, the official statements, the announcements etc?

Most other football club chairmans do that sort of job.

And I don't think I even know who the chairman is because we hear nothing of him. Is it McCahill??

Because he's the Chief Executive and that's his job, it's also the job he gets paid for (£200,000/year I believe), all the other Directors bar the one employed to replace Mace are not paid a penny.

Surely for that sort of money we can ask him to do a bit of hiring and firing.

Because he's the Chief Executive and that's his job, it's also the job he gets paid for (£200,000/year I believe), all the other Directors bar the one employed to replace Mace are not paid a penny.

We might ask him to get us a good manager for a start.

Surely its the Chairman's job though? Not the Chief Exec?

I can't think of any other clubs that has the Chief Exec pretty much running the club.

I can't think of any other clubs that has the Chief Exec pretty much running the club.

Chelsea. - Kenyon?

It's not the title that's important it's how the club is set up. The board of Directors with the Chairman have appointed a Chief Executive to run the Club.

Linda Block at Harchester Utd :whistle:

Chelsea. - Kenyon?

It's not the title that's important it's how the club is set up. The board of Directors with the Chairman have appointed a Chief Executive to run the Club.

It would be Abramovich the Chairman who would sack Mourinho, not Kenyon.

Freddy Shephard at Newcastle...... :thumbup:

It would be Abramovich the Chairman who would sack Mourinho, not Kenyon.

Freddy Shephard at Newcastle...... :thumbup:

Kenyon would do the deed.

It would be Roman's decision though.

At Leicester it was the Boards decision but Tim had to do the actual deed, as Isaid he is paid to carry out the boards decision.

Of course in both case they will listen to the adive of the CE and others before making that decision.

My main point was that the Chairman does bugger all, you don't hear from him, you don't know about him, I bet less than half of City fans know his name, does he even attend the games?

Shouldn't he even be involved in choosing the next gaffer, because from where Im standing it seems like Tim Davies is doing the deciding. Doesn't the chairman care about his club?

My main point was that the Chairman does bugger all, you don't hear from him, you don't know about him, I bet less than half of City fans know his name, does he even attend the games?

Shouldn't he even be involved in choosing the next gaffer, because from where Im standing it seems like Tim Davies is doing the deciding. Doesn't the chairman care about his club?

Jim MaCahill the chairman attends the vast majority of games home & away, as he has done for many years prior to being involved in the Consortium.

'Been a fan for years' is often claimed by those running a club, but we can 100% confirm Jim was as he sat right behind one of our current Foxes Trust board members for a number of years.

A selection panel is put together who interview potential managers, both the Chairman & Chief Exec take part as well as other Directors. The selection panel then make their recommendation & the chosen candidate(s) then appear in front of the entire board before the decision is final.

Guest seanfox778

the chairman sat about 3 rows behind me at the plymouth

game but he just sat there while tim davies went round and talked

to all the fans

the chairman sat about 3 rows behind me at the plymouth

game but he just sat there while tim davies went round and talked

to all the fans

Well, if half the fans don't know who he is or what he looks like then it was better for Tim to do the talking wasn't it!

Archived