Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I wonder who this was?

Well close in on Abel

By Alex Livie - Created on 31 Jan 2006

THE TRANSFER WINDOW

Time is running out! Click here for all the news during the countdown to the deadline!

Motherwell are looking to push through a deal for French striker Abel Thermeus before the transfer window slams shut.

Well boss Terry Butcher is eager to pep up his forward line and has set his sights on Thermeus.

The 23-year-old, who numbers Monaco among his former clubs, has impressed Butcher during a trial spell and the Fir Park chief is eager to secure his signature.

"We are confident of signing him," said Butcher. "It's just a matter of getting the paper-work done. Abel should be here until the end of the season."

Butcher claims the Creteil forward has turned down the opportunity of a move to a Spanish highflyer.

"He had an opportunity to go to Osasuna in Spain and from a climatic point of view he's made the wrong decision!" added Butcher.

"Abel's been in and around the club and travelled to Dunfermline with the lads on Saturday. He also saw the Celtic and Rangers games here so he knows what it's all about.

"We had been trying to take one of Leicester's strikers on loan and when that didn't work out Craig (former Leicester boss Levein) told me he'd had Abel in and that he was well worth a look.

"We got him up and he likes the place and would like to sign for us, just as we'd like to sign him. He'll be in the squad for the semi-final (against Celtic) if it goes through.

"The element of surprise might have gone from Celtic's point of view because we play each other so often but he is someone different."

Well close in on Abel

THE TRANSFER WINDOW

Time is running out! Click here for all the news during the countdown to the deadline!

Motherwell are looking to push through a deal for French striker Abel Thermeus before the transfer window slams shut.

Well boss Terry Butcher is eager to pep up his forward line and has set his sights on Thermeus.

The 23-year-old, who numbers Monaco among his former clubs, has impressed Butcher during a trial spell and the Fir Park chief is eager to secure his signature.

"We are confident of signing him," said Butcher. "It's just a matter of getting the paper-work done. Abel should be here until the end of the season."

Butcher claims the Creteil forward has turned down the opportunity of a move to a Spanish highflyer.

"He had an opportunity to go to Osasuna in Spain and from a climatic point of view he's made the wrong decision!" added Butcher.

"Abel's been in and around the club and travelled to Dunfermline with the lads on Saturday. He also saw the Celtic and Rangers games here so he knows what it's all about.

"We had been trying to take one of Leicester's strikers on loan and when that didn't work out Craig (former Leicester boss Levein) told me he'd had Abel in and that he was well worth a look.

"We got him up and he likes the place and would like to sign for us, just as we'd like to sign him. He'll be in the squad for the semi-final (against Celtic) if it goes through.

"The element of surprise might have gone from Celtic's point of view because we play each other so often but he is someone different."

PROBABLY ELVIS HAMMOND

Well close in on Abel

THE TRANSFER WINDOW

Is this a quiz....was it Dion prior to his trip to Celtic?

Why the **** didn't Rob Kelly follow this up with them after Levein left then? Perfect chance to have got rid of the duffer and got someone else in ourselves.

Because Kelly appears to be a supporter of older experienced players. Thats why he introduced MDV to 'save' us and not take the risk with O'Grady who appeared to be dying to get on and prove himself. Also other young guns like Sheehan and Weslowski wont want to watch and put up with the standard they have to watched play before them. I reckon neither will get a run tonight under Kelly. Yet we will play inexperienced left back and Maybs in midfield again. Bye bye Championship by Saturday 5pm under CL and R Kelly.

i

Because Kelly appears to be a supporter of older experienced players. Thats why he introduced MDV to 'save' us and not take the risk with O'Grady who appeared to be dying to get on and prove himself. Also other young guns like Sheehan and Weslowski wont want to watch and put up with the standard they have to watched play before them. I reckon neither will get a run tonight under Kelly. Yet we will play inexperienced left back and Maybs in midfield again. Bye bye Championship by Saturday 5pm under CL and R Kelly.

i

I was abit pissed off that Wesolowski didn't get on against Southampton, I hope he's involved tonight although with Williams back I doubt he'll get on again either. O'Grady should play on the right wing and Maybury should be made to fight for his place.

I was abit pissed off that Wesolowski didn't get on against Southampton, I hope he's involved tonight although with Williams back I doubt he'll get on again either. O'Grady should play on the right wing and Maybury should be made to fight for his place.

I thought it was too early for him anyway to be honest. It just seemed like desperation on Leveins part to bring him back with one and a bit games under his belt.

Your not alone in being pissed off. We got all excited about R Smith playing for us and yet we have at least one very very talented youngster that we dont play at all that we developed through the grades, especially after a good performance at Plymouth. And letting him have to watch the underperformers in midfield, well that must be punishment for something. Or maybe just more punishment for us fans.

i

Who would be a manger, damned if u do damned if you don't. Other than Wesolowski, i couldn't fault Kelly ALL game.

We asked ourselves before the game, how much did Kelly influence Leveins selection? I think we found out it was almost solely down to Craig.

For weeks and weeks Kisnorbo has been annoying fans (who moan on here enough), first game in charge and Kelly drops him, gives Hume a chance, puts the best two defenders we have in Gerrbrand and McCarthy together, gives Hammond a go over De Vries.

The guy went out for the win, he said in his interview he fully understood the lack of options for the right and i thought Stearman and Maybury did well. Maybury's final shots and crosses were AWFUL, but he got into more situations than a majority of others.

Smith was not left on the bench. What more can you ask, they guy has played our strongest team, i thought Nils played well at left back as well.

I agree Wesolowski should have played, but obviously he didn't fit Kellys game plans.

And god you must have been in some minority to criticise De Vries coming on. Everyone could see it was the a game suited for De Vries, even the moaning git behind us that hates 70% of our players. It's not his fault that as soon as he steps on the field the rest of our team change the game plan completely and go to hoof ball. Plus Mark was given a good 20 minutes to make an impact, not like Levein who gave the likes of Hume 10 minutes at the end.

Likes the older players? Didn't our starting 11 include... Stearman, Smith, Hume, Gerrbrand, McCarthy and the rest are mainly only mid 20's. Just because De Vries comes on the team is suddenly an experienced based side? :huh:

I thought it was too early for him anyway to be honest. It just seemed like desperation on Leveins part to bring him back with one and a bit games under his belt.

It probably was desperation from Levein to get the fans off his back but Wesolowski was our best player against Plymouth and also ran the show against Arsenal in the reserves. I definately think he's a better bet than Hughes at the minute when we are in desperate need of some bite in the centre and someone who can also pass the ball and never give up for 90 minutes.

It probably was desperation from Levein to get the fans off his back but Wesolowski was our best player against Plymouth and also ran the show against Arsenal in the reserves. I definately think he's a better bet than Hughes at the minute when we are in desperate need of some bite in the centre and someone who can also pass the ball and never give up for 90 minutes.

With problems right mid, might as well shift hughes out there and play weso in centre?

With problems right mid, might as well shift hughes out there and play weso in centre?

Or even play Weso there, he has played right mid quite alot at youth and reserve level and i'm sure he was a right winger when he first came to the club.

Thats not strictly true Ric, he was ok but not our best player against Plymouth but I get your point.

Sorry I was only going by what the mercury said and what a few others said on here, etc. I didn't actually go to the match.

I know :) I also said to you that Weso was OK and not 'triffic but hey what do I know :whistle:

:angry: On good authority from the training ground, CL brought Wesso in far too early, he's not fit enough to play yet and could risk serious damage in later life. Desperation on CL's part. Don't want to crock the lad by doing that

:angry: On good authority from the training ground, CL brought Wesso in far too early, he's not fit enough to play yet and could risk serious damage in later life. Desperation on CL's part. Don't want to crock the lad by doing that

Bloody Hell Dee :cry: if thats the case then RK did well not to play him on saturday

Can you explain why? I thought with a broken leg it's a case of once it's healed you can start training and playing again. It's not like ligament damage or other injuries of that nature, once the bone has healed it's healed surely?

Wesolowski looked fine against Arsenal for the whole match and played 90 mins against Plymouth with no obvious problems???

It's a good job Levein was sacked then!!!!!

Can you explain why? I thought with a broken leg it's a case of once it's healed you can start training and playing again. It's not like ligament damage or other injuries of that nature, once the bone has healed it's healed surely?

Wesolowski looked fine against Arsenal for the whole match and played 90 mins against Plymouth with no obvious problems???

It's a good job Levein was sacked then!!!!!

Maybe because his bones are still forming and may develop incorrectly possibly.

Maybe because his bones are still forming and may develop incorrectly possibly.

Surely this would have been looked at before the lad was allowed to start training again or play matches? I suppose we'll find out tonight if he's not included in the 16, Kelly hasn't said anything about it.

Surely this would have been looked at before the lad was allowed to start training again or play matches? I suppose we'll find out tonight if he's not included in the 16, Kelly hasn't said anything about it.

You would think Ric but this is Leicester remember :whistle: but yes, you would think the club doctor would have checked all this out ay.

Archived