Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeh

Best Punk Rock band?

Which Punk Rock band do you think has the most talent?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Punk Rock band do you think has the most talent?

• Taking Back Sunday
    • Park
    • Yellow Card
    • Starbucks
    • Nofx
    • Greenday
    • Goldfinger

All the bands there are shat.

So too is Punk Rock

39517[/snapback]

Listen before judging? :unsure:

39519[/snapback]

Rather go and watch Forest :unsure:

It makes me want to kill myself whenever i listen to any of thos bands.

Trully shocking

Fine, no reason to try and make out you know what its all about then when you clearly don't though <_<

39528[/snapback]

One of my mates likes this shat.

He listens to NOFX and Taking Back Sunday.

i slept at his house last wekk and he had both album's on.

i fell to sleep.

They are utter rubbish

Well it depends which album ;)

You won't like the sound of it simply because its completely different to what you would normally listen right now. Thats understandable anyway, many people are like you. Just no need to make comments like you did about it because its nothing short of untrue, seeing as more than half of them bands are actually upbeat pop punk bands!

What is this connection between punk rock and killing yourself? It just seems people jump on the bandwagon and believe the misconception that the music is all to do with killing yourself.

Music like this is actually the best kind of music to listen to, you probably appreciate novelty right now MM? but when you're older you'll appreciate that ALL guitar music is worth listening to at least once. The skill in being in a band and songwriting is admirable compared to mainstream shite!!

What is "punk," really?

In the late 70s, groups such as the Ramones (the greatest punk band), the Clash (whose sound transcended genres--they can't be the greatest punk band because they went so far beyond punk ;)), the Sex Pistols (which Malcolm McLaren initially tried to make into the British New York Dolls), Talking Heads (who later added funk beats to their herky-jerky sound), the Damned (started out with a garage sound)... The Stranglers and Joy Division (early goth)... and those are just a few of the well-known bands.

So many different genres of rock (new wave, indie, metal, hardcore, goth, post-rock) were all part of early "punk." "Punk" can describe so many different things that it's very hard to narrow it down to a single genre. Just because a band wears spiky dyed hair and plays loud doesn't necessarily mean they're a punk band.

"Punk" died before I was born, so the best punk band can't be any of the ones listed in this poll ;)

The Sex Pistols define punk for me, as does some Clash stuff and even early Adam and the Ants(thats probably just me), I'm not a fan of the Ramones, I prefer my punk British, the way it's meant to be. True I sometimes describe yellowcard as punky, but I agree true punk died a long time ago. None of the bands there are going to trigger new lifestyles or carry new messages, and that is true punk for me.

Fair enough, NOFX are punk, if you have to be political and carry messages to be "punk". Disagree? Its only music in the end, i think and always will think of Greenday, Goldfinger and Yellowcard as Pop Punk, is that wrong, as i shamefully used the word punk?! ;)

Someone from the strangulars (think its spelt wrong-sorry) is coming to Leicester Tongiht to play some gig, think it may be at the Charlotte!

Can't go though, because already have plans, however my parents are planning on going!

Cat_....: I agree Clash, ADam and THe Ants, Sex Pistols do difine punk, had this convo with my dad at the table last night, while listening to Teenage kicks, he says Clash are the ultimate punk band!

I seem to prefer punk to alot of the shat out now, and i'm 18 ffs!

Archived