Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Newell Decision

"Regretfully Mike Newell has declared himself disinterested in the City manager's job. As a result a) we will continue with our efforts to find.... or b) we have therefore decided in the interests of stability to allow rob Kelly etc.. It isn't hard. Same with Lee Morris and lots of other examples I could mention.

Assuming we never offered MN the job which it appears we haven't, then we have nothing to say because we've not done anything.

Basically you are asking for the club to inform the supporters every time we have another applicant in for an interview which isn't going to happen. The information is in the public domain regarding MN and TD has already stated he won't comment on individual applicants because as davie says it does nothing to help our cause.

You obviously have to post regularly to justify your position on vital but this article is doing nothing except wind people up when there is no need.

Why not revert back to your Sport days and produce some articles like "Rob Kelly ate my Hamster" or something else equally vital.

"Regretfully Mike Newell has declared himself disinterested in the City manager's job. As a result a) we will continue with our efforts to find.... or b) we have therefore decided in the interests of stability to allow rob Kelly etc.. It isn't hard. Same with Lee Morris and lots of other examples I could mention.

No ones saying it's hard, but will it help their cause in finding the right person? I don't believe it will.

Once they start talking they will be asked questions like why has heturned it down, they will then have to say no comment, which will lead to all sorts of speculation or they might give reasons which I guarantee would piss off Luton or Newell and lead to the usual slanging match because our interpretation will be different to theirs. I just see it causing more problems than it solves.

Assuming we never offered MN the job which it appears we haven't, then we have nothing to say because we've not done anything.

Basically you are asking for the club to inform the supporters every time we have another applicant in for an interview which isn't going to happen. The information is in the public domain regarding MN and TD has already stated he won't comment on individual applicants because as davie says it does nothing to help our cause.

You obviously have to post regularly to justify your position on vital but this article is doing nothing except wind people up when there is no need.

Why not revert back to your Sport days and produce some articles like "Rob Kelly ate my Hamster" or something else equally vital.

I don't now if you are the OS website guy who just rang me but I imagine so because how my belief that a comment on Newell translates to what you say in line one of the second paragraph I don't know.

You can mock my background as much as you like.

Let's keep it civil Dunc, there's really no need to resort personal abuse, I thought for once we were having an intelligent debate, as much as I appreciate your agreement I disassociate myself from your other comments.

I respect Thracian's views and I believe and hope that he respects mine, that fact that on this one point we disagree doesn't affect that resepct.

I actually agree with his general views about the OS site I think it's seriously second rate as is the LCFC World package, but recognise that a lot of it is out of the hands of the current LCFC Board.

I don't now if you are the OS website guy who just rang me but I imagine so because how my belief that a comment on Newell translates to what you say in line one of the second paragraph I don't know.

You can mock my background as much as you like.

You used to wright for the Sport? lol

thats quite funny. :smile:

I told the OS editor that I would withdraw my comments as a gesture of goodwill. Simple as that. I disagreed with his view on the matter but believe that the OS will at least have taken note ofmy comment and that a gesture which shows I have nothing against the site is worth making.

I told the OS editor that I would withdraw my comments as a gesture of goodwill. Simple as that. I disagreed with his view on the matter but believe that the OS will at least have taken note ofmy comment and that a gesture which shows I have nothing against the site is worth making.

Eh?

Archived