Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Kelly for manager?

Robert Kelly  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rob Kelly be appointed manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ask me again after the Derby game

Yes, he has got to get the job til the end of the season.

Levein never managed 3 wins of the spin in 15 months, Kelly's managed it in his 1st three league games. 'Nuff said.

I think he should get the job til the end of the season, but in one of two situations.

1. Leicester appoint an experienced coach to work alongside him

or

2. Kelly prefers the actual coaching role, so why not appoint a 'Director of Football' type man to do all the PR etc... stuff so Kelly can do what hes doing and keep on doing it. I personally have never been a fan of this 'Director of Football' lark, but this seems like the perfect place for it.

Dunno if people agree with this or not, and has anyone got any suggestions as to who you could appoint as Director of Football???

Kelly has again stated that he's not thinking about the managers job ...

Leicester manager Rob Kelly said:

"I'm not thinking about it, I've never even considered it. I just try to do as good a job as I can in whatever I do. "We're in a difficult situation but the future will take care of itself. The board will do what is best. "All I've asked of them is to let me know what will happen and when."

Brighton 1 - 2 Leicester (BBC)

Dunno if people agree with this or not, and has anyone got any suggestions as to who you could appoint as Director of Football???

Its got to be the one and only Dave Bassett.

The term 'Director of football' was designed for him.

we should definitely give Rob the job. He has proved in 3 games, more to me than Levein did really in 15 months.

I dont think we should tell him he has the job though until the end of the season, just to stop him falling into that comfort zone (that Levein was in for 15 months).

ROB KELLYS BLUE WHITE ARMY!

They should offer him the job on a permanent basis, not just until the end of the season.

Take a chance with him - these last few games in charge should be classed as his interview. He seems to know what he's doing and given the opportunity and support from the board, he could lead us on to glory!

Of course, he'll need to organise some backroom staff - he's been in football long enough to know what makes a good coach and will already have a few connections that he could call upon.

Will he accept it if he's offered it as he hasn't asked to be considered? Well, as far as I can see, he shouldn't HAVE to apply. He's doing the job now and making a very good job of it too. It's time the board realised that and gave him a go.

Leicester have been always given up and coming talent the opprtunity to hone their skills in management - look at Little, McGhee, O'Neil, Adams AND Levien.... none of these were that "experienced" at the level they found themselves when they arrived here. Kelly is no different.

Pull your finger out Tim and ASK him - I'm sure if he was approached, he'd happily accept.

And if he does fail.... he can always return to coaching and say that management was something that he fell in to rather than applied for. He has nothing to lose really.

Archived