Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Da da da da Daaaaaa He's loving it.

You can bet on us staying up

Since my last diary entry, Rob Kelly has been appointed boss until the end of the season and all the lads are delighted with the decision.

Like I said at the time, there seemed little point changing things as we've been doing so well, and our upturn in fortune has continued. The lads all have a spring in their step at the moment and I think that's being reflected in our performances on the pitch.

Rob has also brought in Ray Graydon to help add some experience and ease the burden on him and Mike Stowell. I briefly came across Ray when he was boss at Walsall; I remember going into his office as a 15-year-old and he was told by one of the coaches that I was going to be a good player for the club. I'll have to ask him if he remembers the occasion, but I doubt it!

Talking of my former club, I've noticed Kevan Broadhurst has been appointed manager until the end of the season and I must admit that I know nothing about him. There had been talk David Platt might be going to the club and I think that would have been a good appointment, given his vast knowledge and his association with younger players when he was boss of the England Under-21 squad. But Jeff Bonser has made his decision and I wish them all the best.

Back to Leicester; we are five games unbeaten in the league and we are now going into games far more confident of coming away with all three points. If I was a betting man, I'd confidently have a wager on us staying up because we're playing just as well away from home as we are at the Walker's Stadium, which is vital for any successful team.

Granted we've drawn our last two games, both at home, but we had one of those days against Derby where the ball just wouldn't go into the net and against Leeds we also went down to ten men after 11 minutes, so that was a creditable point for us.

From a personal point of view I haven't enjoyed myself on the pitch like this for a long time and I think it's helped that the fans have taken to me and my team-mates have appreciated what I'm doing on the pitch. I haven't scored in three games now but that doesn't bother me at all. I'm playing well and it's only when you get to six games that you start to worry a bit - but the lads are creating plenty of chances for the forwards, so there's no need to worry.

Since my last diary entry, Rob Kelly has been appointed boss until the end of the season and all the lads are delighted with the decision.

Like I said at the time, there seemed little point changing things as we've been doing so well, and our upturn in fortune has continued. The lads all have a spring in their step at the moment and I think that's being reflected in our performances on the pitch.

Rob has also brought in Ray Graydon to help add some experience and ease the burden on him and Mike Stowell. I briefly came across Ray when he was boss at Walsall; I remember going into his office as a 15-year-old and he was told by one of the coaches that I was going to be a good player for the club. I'll have to ask him if he remembers the occasion, but I doubt it!

Talking of my former club, I've noticed Kevan Broadhurst has been appointed manager until the end of the season and I must admit that I know nothing about him. There had been talk David Platt might be going to the club and I think that would have been a good appointment, given his vast knowledge and his association with younger players when he was boss of the England Under-21 squad. But Jeff Bonser has made his decision and I wish them all the best.

Back to Leicester; we are five games unbeaten in the league and we are now going into games far more confident of coming away with all three points. If I was a betting man, I'd confidently have a wager on us staying up because we're playing just as well away from home as we are at the Walker's Stadium, which is vital for any successful team.

Granted we've drawn our last two games, both at home, but we had one of those days against Derby where the ball just wouldn't go into the net and against Leeds we also went down to ten men after 11 minutes, so that was a creditable point for us.

From a personal point of view I haven't enjoyed myself on the pitch like this for a long time and I think it's helped that the fans have taken to me and my team-mates have appreciated what I'm doing on the pitch. I haven't scored in three games now but that doesn't bother me at all. I'm playing well and it's only when you get to six games that you start to worry a bit - but the lads are creating plenty of chances for the forwards, so there's no need to worry.

Bonza!!!

is this something actually from the man himself?

Lets face it, it must be fecking ace having 20000 people chanting yer name, I bet it maust help your game.... We HAVE to think of a chant for everyone like the GOOD OLE DAYS!!

:thumbup: Too right! Since the 'Revolving Door' days, we've not had many individual player chants!

:thumbup: Too right! Since the 'Revolving Door' days, we've not had many individual player chants!

Try and think one op for Weso, it's very difficult given his unusual name.

The only one I can think of is the tune that Cov fans used to sign to Jon Aloisi

Wes-ol-owski

Jimmy Wes-ol-owski

Repeat a million times really quickly.

to the tune of thats amore

its not shearer or cole who is baging the goals - its matt fryatt

when the ball hits the net like a fockin rocket - its matt fryatt

repeat several time .

my wednesday fan mate always sings it about carbone

to the tune of thats amore

its not shearer or cole who is baging the goals - its matt fryatt

when the ball hits the net like a fockin rocket - its matt fryatt

repeat several time .

my wednesday fan mate always sings it about carbone

brighton used to sing it about zamora. not sure it sounds too great with fryatt though

:ph34r:

remind me of that tune they were singing for matt, I thought it'd be a no brainer to sing to I predict a riot but obviously not.

can't seem to remember from the derby game.

It's Pigbag "de de de-de....Matty Fryatt", which we'd started using for Hammond, and was used for someone else the other week too, can't remember who... :ermm:

It's Pigbag "de de de-de....Matty Fryatt", which we'd started using for Hammond, and was used for someone else the other week too, can't remember who... :ermm:

o grady

Archived