Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wonderboy

England memories

The best england match i have been to has to be the argentina friendly in geneva what a finish we went mental the argies were stunned.

also liked it when we started singing 'what's it like to lose a war' brilliant night

What are your greatest england memories ?

The best england match i have been to has to be the argentina friendly in geneva what a finish we went mental the argies were stunned.

also liked it when we started singing 'what's it like to lose a war' brilliant night

What are your greatest england memories ?

5-1 v Germany, the night that followed that was magnificent.

My Dad took me to see England v Argentina at Wembley on my 11th birthday in May 1974. It was a World Cup warm-up for Argentina as we hadn't qualified. Joe Mercer was the caretaker manager following the sacking of Sir Alf Ramsey and there were three City players in the starting line-up.

Peter Shilton (Leicester City)

Emlyn Hughes (Liverpool) - Captain

Alec Lindsay (Liverpool)

Colin Todd (Derby County)

Dave Watson (Sunderland)

Colin Bell (Manchester City)

Kevin Keegan (Liverpool)

Mick Channon (Southampton)

Frank Worthington (Leicester City)

Keith Weller (Leicester City)

Trevor Brooking (West Ham United)

What a frontline!!! Keegan, Channon and Wortho!

Final score was 2-2. England went 2-0 up with goals from Channon and Worthington but Argentina pulled it back with two goals by Mario Kempes.

Best birthday present ever!

Brief memories of England in the 1990 World Cup, particularly David Platts last minute of extra times goal against Belgium in the second round, and Gary Linekers equaliser against Germany in the Semi Final.

Most of Euro 1996, but particularly 2-0 against Scotland when Uri gellar claimed to have made Scotland miss their penalty :blink:, and then Gazza scored. Also the 4-1 against Holland.

1-0 Loss against Italy in the World Cup 98 qualifiers, despite the loss it was my first England game at Wembley and I enjoyed it. As I recall Ian Walker played that night ;).

5-1 Against Germany.

3-2 Against Argentina.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Gazza's goal against the Scots. TAKE A BOOOOW SON!

I can go back to about 77 with England, and there have been a few highs..mainly lows...Italia 90 just for the complete joy and even women getting interested..

then Euro 96 when England Fever was alive and well and the whole country felt truly great... the best result and memory has to be the unexpected thraping of Holland!

Sheer joy!! and a gargantuum spontaneuos piss up after... in very recent times the Argy game was class, :thumbup:

Archived