Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stuart Pearce

Pearce set to sign Man City deal

_41419496_pearce203.jpg

Pearce joined Manchester City as a player-coach in 2001 Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce has confirmed he will sign his rolling deal with the Premiership club at some stage over the next week. Pearce, 43, has been working without a contract since replacing Kevin Keegan as boss over a year ago.

But he said: "I have not had time to read it which is causing problems, both in the press and with the Premier League, so I will sign it this week.

"I'm not a lover of bits of paper, contracts do not mean a lot to me."

Pearce also revealed he will not be entitled to any compensation from City should chairman John Wardle sack him as manager.

At the same time, if he chose to leave the club and move elsewhere, the club would not be able to ask for a fee for their boss.

"I said to the chairman from day one, 'if I get sacked by you, I don't want any money - give it to the next manager to drive the club on'.

"I believe that in my playing career, and now in my management career, I get paid a reasonable wage.

"But if Manchester City no longer want me to manage their football club, I don't want to wrangle with the chief executive over a couple of quid here and a couple of quid there.

"I'd rather say 'thanks very much, it's been an absolute honour working for your football club'.

"I'm certainly not going to get involved in a legal wrangle about finance. Why should the club pay me not to work for them?

"But I'm not saying every other manager in the league should take my lead - that's just my views. My wife thinks I'm an idiot, but that's her opinion."

It's not just a few quid here and a few quid there though - if he got sacked he could potentially be entitled to hundreds of £thousands depending on the length and terms of his contract. So I can understand his wife's p.o.v.

After all, there's no certainties in football management - he may not get another job again on the same terms (unlikely), so managers should look out for themselves.

It's not just a few quid here and a few quid there though - if he got sacked he could potentially be entitled to hundreds of £thousands depending on the length and terms of his contract. So I can understand his wife's p.o.v.

After all, there's no certainties in football management - he may not get another job again on the same terms (unlikely), so managers should look out for themselves.

Spot on. ;):thumbup:

I've just fed that through my Football Translator © and it comes out in plain English as...

"This club's up to its eyeballs in debt and will always be a selling club. If Newcastle or England come in for me, I'm off, suckers!"

Archived