Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
beighton155

Luton Player Ratings

We were brilliant for the first half an hour but after that Luton came back into it big time. We still threw our bodies at every ball and defended liek lions but I'd say the win was slightyl fortunate. Great atmosphere though. Thats the 3rd time I have seen us win away this year and I have only been to 3 away games! I must be a lucky charm, lets see if it works in Burmonsdy next week.

Henderson 8 Probably his best game for Leicrester, came and got a few crosses and made a couple of quality saves in the second half.

Stearman 8 Secured his side up pretty well and defended valiantly. Tracked back well when Vine was clean through and recovered the siutation without giving away a penalty.

McCarthy 7Struggled with Howard in the air but threw hismelf at everything and gave a real captains peformance

Kisnorbo 8 Some incredible blocks and determination in goal mouth scrambles. ZContinued his remarkable transformation into a quality centre back.

Johanson 5 Got skimmed by Edwards time and time again, a real weak link but was nto helped by Hughes going missing.

Maybury 5 Really did nothing in the whole game, totally non-existance.

Williams 7 Probbaly our best midfielder and was particuarly good in our first half hour.

Joey 6 Some bizarre passing was just about made up for by his energy and willingness to offer for the ball.

Hughes 4 Gave the bal away consistently, looked off the pace and needs to put on soem weight ro he just isn't going to fufill the bag loads of potential he undoubtedly has.

Fryatt 8 Made stuff happen with his movement, dribbling and pace. Took his goal well and made his marker look stupid on several occaisions

Hume 6 Started really well but faded away in the second half and on balance it was probably when he was substituted.

********SUBS*********

O'Grady 7 Held up the ball and grabbed the goal off his knee.

Welsh 8 Came on and made a difference. Gave us an outlet when we badly needed it and was willing to take his full back on. I think he isincapable of striking a ball though scuffed his two efforts but one of those scuffs created a goal so who can complain?

Henderson - 7

Stearman - 8

McCarthy - 8

Kisnorbo - 8

Johansson - 5 - struggled with the pace of Edwards all match.

Maybury - 5

Gudjonsson - 6

Williams - 7 - alot better than usual, but i'm not sure what was going on with most of our free kicks today. So many were in shooting distance for Joey yet were just floated in by Williams, all of which came to nothing and set Luton out on a counter attack. Nice through ball though to Fryatt for the goal.

Hughes - 4 - poor, very poor. Wasn't alot of help to Johansson either when he was having problems with Edwards. Knocked off the ball ever so easily. We picked it up again in the second half when he was replaced by Welsh.

Fryatt - 7

Hume - 7

O'Grady & Welsh - 7 - the two subs combining for the winning goal. Good management. It's a shame Welsh can't shoot to save his life but the winning goal came from his attempt at a shot :P A far better option than Hughes on the left side.

Can't honestly give ratings as I only listened, but from what I heard all the above seem about right, excep Williams. If you heard the commentr good ol' JB kept saying he wasn't very good, giving ball away or was missing for the game. :huh:

I sometimes think there is a conspiracy around Williams (who I quite like) and people (be they fans or commentators) never praise what he is good at and only point out the negatives!!!

Feel like doing ratings today, just because I'm still so amazed we got the win. Not sure how we came away with the 3 points yesterday but isn't that the sign of a good team? (tongue in cheek)

Looking forward to Millwall next week.

Henderson - 7 - Kicking is still poor at times but otherwise looks pretty solid

Stearman - 7 - Dependable as always

McCarthy - 8 - We've needed him back

Kisnorbo - 7.5 - Also very dependable

Johansson - 5.5 - Tough game, not helped by Hughes in front of him

Maybury - 6 - Not great but not piss poor either. Added a bit more of a tackling element to our midfield

Williams - 7 - He keeps the ball well and doesn't give it away as cheaply as our other midfielders. Shame that he doesn't run into a tackle in the same way as them (bar Hughes).

Gudjonsson - 5.5 - Though he gave the ball away too cheaply at times but probably being harsh compared to his previous performances

Hughes - 4 - Well off the pace. Was just never in it.

Hume - 6.5 - Worked hard, shame he was feeding off scraps and up against two big defenders.

Fryatt - 8 - Thought he worked the channels very well. Held the ball up to give the team more breathing space whilst we were under the cosh. All this from feeding very much off scraps.

Subs

Welsh - 7.5 - The difference to the team. Bringing on some width for an ineffective Hughes helped no-end. It was great to watch him skin their right-back almost everytime right in front of where I was sitting.

O'Grady - 7 - We needed some extra physical pressure against their defence and O'Grady delivered. He is a pole-axe. Well done on his goal. Could be very useful for us next season.

At the start of the second half when Luton came out flying, it desperately needed someone for us to hold on to the ball and not hit a long rash pass which they were all doing for the first ten minutes and it was Williams who was the player who eventually took a grip and kept possession and slowed the pace down.

At the start of the second half when Luton came out flying, it desperately needed someone for us to hold on to the ball and not hit a long rash pass which they were all doing for the first ten minutes and it was Williams who was the player who eventually took a grip and kept possession and slowed the pace down.

Agreed, he was easily our best midfielder on show yesterday.

Archived