Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

The Kelly Factor

Why would I have been thinking of you when I posted that item Babylon?...Guilty consciounce maybe!!!!!!

Because of the way you phrased it. Why would I have a guilty conscience? Maybe if you weren't pointing fingers at me you would care to share who you were pointing them at.

Like I said if you don't believe me you can check back through all my posts. But of course you will come back and say you have better things to do i'm sure, like coming on here and abusing people with no facts to back it up.

Because of the way you phrased it. Why would I have a guilty conscience? Maybe if you weren't pointing fingers at me you would care to share who you were pointing them at.

Like I said if you don't believe me you can check back through all my posts. But of course you will come back and say you have better things to do i'm sure, like coming on here and abusing people with no facts to back it up.

Joke, Babylon....a joke!!!! Quite frankly, when I made the point about Levein you were nowhere in my thoughts. You aren't the centre of the universe my friend. If you think reminding people of their allegiance to Levein is abuse you must live a very sheltered life.

Joke, Babylon....a joke!!!! Quite frankly, when I made the point about Levein you were nowhere in my thoughts. You aren't the centre of the universe my friend. If you think reminding people of their allegiance to Levein is abuse you must live a very sheltered life.

No I think calling people morons and lunatics is abuse!!!!

Yes I am the centre of the universe, I really think that :rolleyes:

Exactly what i've been thinking!! People are so fickle.

Why is it that some people think anyone who dares to criticise their heroes is fickle?

Sometimes I believe it is the ones who refuse to criticise who are more likely to let the club down.

We almost kept Levein too long because many people were too slow to criticise. What a disaster that would have been.

Kelly deserves his praise and he can have his two year contract tomorrow in my opinion because he deserves a chance to take his success further.

But Leicester's team still has pronounced and voluntary weaknesses and many of them remain from Levein days. True many things have changed for the better but some have not.

Fans are rightly celebrating just now - but they are only celebrating our escape from a place we should never have been. That is not so much an achievement as a reprieve.

Now we need to fashion our young team into one that is more imposing. That requires criticism, by the manager and by the fans if necessary. Winning football is about attention to detail, about eliminating as many weaknesses as possible and incorporating as many strengths as we can.

It is not about self-praise and illusion. Kelly recognises that, I am sure. He refers to O'Grady's cotninual working on his game and what a good and old fashioned example he sets. Everyone, players and coaches should continually do the same.

I've spent almost 50 years supporting this club and have seen what it is possible for Leicester City to achieve in that time and, believe me, there is a long way to go.

But because I criticise doesn't mean that either I or others are fickle. It means that we care enough to say something if we believe something is wrong.

People change their views all the time in football according to events and often with good reason. Look at how opinions have changed about Kisnorbo. That doesn't mean that, even now, I can ever understand why he was picked in midfield. The fans were right. He didn't belong there...any more than Sylla belongs on the right wing.

Critics said we needed a proper strike force. They were right. That we needed a winger, they were right, that we needed a more settled team, they were right.

Criticism doesn't equate to being anti-Kelly. Constructive criticism is vital and has already done this club great service in recent months.

I have to be honest and say that I thought we needed a clean break from the Levein era - and that included Kelly. No one would have predicted the turnaround in results we have witnessed since he took over.

Does this mean that Levein was as bad as we thought?

Does this mean that Kelly is as good as the results suggest?

I think it is somewhere in between the two.

Levein had purchased some young talented players in the squad, such as McCarthy, Hume, Hughes, and Fryatt. However, he equally drafted in the likes of Douglas, Sylla, Hamill, de Vries and Hammond.

We've gone through this a number of times, but Levein had a number of flaws which held us back. His insistence on playing de Vries when he could, a different back 4 line up every game, a fear of the opposition - resulting in a number of overall changes for every game, his defensive attitude, tactically suspect (Kisnorbo in midfield was a nightmare) and it goes on...

It seems that Kelly had different ideas all along, and that supports the idea that he was brought in to work alongside Levein because he had knowledge of the English game. It's funny how that Kelly got rid of de Vries as soon as he could, whereas Levein praised him at every opportunity. Kelly also recognised that Kisnorbo was a better centreback than a midfielder. Ok, Levein played Kisnorbo at centreback in his last game, but that doesn't mean he necessarily sussed that he was suddenly a centreback after working with him for the last 3/4 years.

I think Kelly realises what is needed for this league, whereas Levein always understimated the Championship from day one. We've doubled the amount of wins this season since Kelly took over, and we've won 3 away games in 2 months, when we could only manage one in a year prior under Levein.

It has been noted that we've always had the players to do well - we're finally showing this, albeit over an 8 game period. I doubt Levein would have been able to turn the situation round.

No chance. Even if we win every game until the end of the season (very unlikely), we will end up with 67 points. Wolves are in 6th with 58 points. We would have to hope that Wolves, Preston, and every other club between us and the playoffs do shit until the end of the season. Don't even think about it, it won't happen.

It coud happen next year though!

Archived