Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

The Kelly Factor

Repeat that again and we will finsih with 60 points.

Does anyone know what is normaly the points needed for a play off position

I know it very, very unlickly but is it mathematically posible for city to make it to six position and the play off's

Does anyone know what is normaly the points needed for a play off position

I know it very, very unlickly but is it mathematically posible for city to make it to six position and the play off's

No chance. Even if we win every game until the end of the season (very unlikely), we will end up with 67 points. Wolves are in 6th with 58 points. We would have to hope that Wolves, Preston, and every other club between us and the playoffs do shit until the end of the season. Don't even think about it, it won't happen.

Absolutely awesome, and if you look at us, in 4th place in the form guide, it says we are 16th in the league, and we are the odd one out in terms of league places lol Thus showing the amazing turn-around.

Not even 'properly' 4th seeing as the top 4 are on the same points, I love rob kelly.

It will be a shame if he does not sign a full time contract end of season.

At first he said he was not intrested, he loves being a coach, do you honestly think his veiw has not changed since then? now he has been in the hot seat for some time and got a proper taste of winning and managing the club and players and sees the potential city have?

I just cant see him walking away from this end of season going back into coaching and then regretting it.

I mean look how many threads get created 'Rob Kelly', i must of come across at least 10 in the last week, he is the main man!.

:thumbup:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/march.html

If only the season started in March!

We are going up :whistle::ph34r:

HA! Look at Burnley. And to think we wanted Cotterill as boss. :Plol

I'm loving this whole freefall situation those potential managers are having - Burnley are sinking like the Titanic it seems, and Luton aren't doing as well as they were before.

If the season ended in March, two of our potential managers would be relegated. :P

Shame QPR aren't a bit lower lol

The guy is so modest! :D Tells it how it is! but we already know that!!

Caretaker boss Rob Kelly sang the praises of match-winner Chris O'Grady after the striker's first goal for Leicester gave the Foxes a last-gasp 2-1 win over Luton.

O'Grady, 20, came off the bench to score in the 88th minute and ease City's relegation worries after Steve Howard had chalked out Matt Fryatt's opener.

Kelly said: "I'm delighted for him. He's on the training ground morning, noon and night, and we literally have to drag him away from there sometimes.

"He's a great example of how you can go out on loan somewhere and use it well.

"He went out to Rushden & Diamonds, learned about the harsh realities of the Football League, and came back with the ambition to kick on.

"Like a lot of the young lads here, he wants to be a footballer first and let the rest follow, and that is refreshing to see."

The result made it just one defeat in eight for the Foxes and moved them 10 points away from the drop zone.

But Kelly stressed there was still plenty of work to be done before the end of the season.

He said: "I said to the lads that everyone will have a part to play if we are to get out of trouble.

"That could be someone coming on for a minute and blocking a shot, but when you come on and score a goal it's a bit more glamorous.

"Eleven players won't get us out of this, it's everyone and there's still a lot left for us to do.

"We've got 43 points but no-one has ever survived on 43 points. We'll enjoy tonight but we'll wake up on Sunday and concentrate on facing Millwall next week."

For Luton it was three defeats in a row since their win over league leaders Reading last month.

Boss Mike Newell said: "We're very disappointed. We didn't play anything like we're capable of and didn't really deserve anything.

"Their winner came from a mix-up and a mis-hit shot at the end of the day, but if that sort of thing happens for you, then you know it's going to be your day."

To rub salt into the wounds Hatters were dealt a further blow with a serious knee injury to captain Kevin Nicholls that forced him to limp off in the sixth minute.

Newell added: "It's medial ligaments and it looks like that's his season over."

On Luton's ever-fading play-off hopes, Newell said: "It's still mathematically possible and there's still a chance but we're running out of games now with only eight left to play.

"Realistically we're going to have to win seven of those to be anywhere near and that's a tall order."

Kelly

Refreshing to read about O'Grady putting in lots of work to. :D

The only problem with Rob is that some people praise every word he says at this moment in time but it's so obvious that in the future, if he stays as manager of our club and we go through a tough time of a few defeats in a row for example, some people will slate him for the way he speaks to the media. "You're a broken record Rob!!" or "you never criticise the players Rob!!". I know it seems hard to imagine at the moment but I can see it coming at some stage. Let's be honest, if Levein had been winning games nobody would have said anything about the way he talked to the media, no-one would've cared, but his continual use of certain phrases became a thing which some fans were sick of. If Rob uses similar phrases like "we're all in this together" when we're losing games, some fans will slate him, I'm pretty sure they will.

On the phone-in not too long ago, someone came on to criticise Wiliams to Rob. This bloke said Williams doesn't work hard enough and Rob told this bloke some reasons why he thinks Williams does work hard enough. It's easy for him to come up with reasons to defend his players now because he's got the results to back up his reasons and because he hasn't signed any of these players. Fast forward a year, we may be in a run of 4 defeats and a player that he has signed is being accused of being lazy and his reasons to defend the player will be disregarded by the fans. He'll be accused of having his favourites etc.

I think Rob Kelly's done an excellent job and I hope he stays in charge next season but I won't praise his interviewing technique and I won't criticise it in the future because the things he's said now will be almost identical to what he'll say in the future win lose or draw imo. It's only because we're winning that everything he says seems to be so true.

While it's great to be back winning games and he is obviously doing something right, let's not forget that there's often a honeymoon period for caretaker managers / new managers after the exit of one that was well overdue to leave.

Let's not be polishing his arse just now and then this time next year posting KELLY OUT signatures on the forums because he hasn't delivered when given his own, full season.

The only problem with Rob is that some people praise every word he says at this moment in time but it's so obvious that in the future, if he stays as manager of our club and we go through a tough time of a few defeats in a row for example, some people will slate him for the way he speaks to the media. "You're a broken record Rob!!" or "you never criticise the players Rob!!". I know it seems hard to imagine at the moment but I can see it coming at some stage. Let's be honest, if Levein had been winning games nobody would have said anything about the way he talked to the media, no-one would've cared, but his continual use of certain phrases became a thing which some fans were sick of. If Rob uses similar phrases like "we're all in this together" when we're losing games, some fans will slate him, I'm pretty sure they will.

On the phone-in not too long ago, someone came on to criticise Wiliams to Rob. This bloke said Williams doesn't work hard enough and Rob told this bloke some reasons why he thinks Williams does work hard enough. It's easy for him to come up with reasons to defend his players now because he's got the results to back up his reasons and because he hasn't signed any of these players. Fast forward a year, we may be in a run of 4 defeats and a player that he has signed is being accused of being lazy and his reasons to defend the player will be disregarded by the fans. He'll be accused of having his favourites etc.

I think Rob Kelly's done an excellent job and I hope he stays in charge next season but I won't praise his interviewing technique and I won't criticise it in the future because the things he's said now will be almost identical to what he'll say in the future win lose or draw imo. It's only because we're winning that everything he says seems to be so true.

Exactly what i've been thinking!! People are so fickle.

honeymoon periods do not last this long in the kind of position we were in , look at dave tuttle , the millwall manager.

kelly has shown he can motivate players and pick a team capable of winning matches with the players he has got.

the main doubt would be his ability to add to the squad.this does not just entail finding a decent player at value for money but persuading them to come to leicester and play for him.

Yep I agree with that - that is the reason why I have not praised Kelly for what he says or his interview technique. The people who say great things about Kelly are the same people who praised Levein based on his interviews with the media when he first arrived.

I judge managers on results and performances, not on what he says to Jon Barber in the post-match interviews.

This man certainly seems to have the right formula. I hope now that all those "suicide if we get rid of Levein" merchants will admit their misjudgement. The ridiculous levels some went to defend that useless object bordered on lunacy.

This man certainly seems to have the right formula. I hope now that all those "suicide if we get rid of Levein" merchants will admit their misjudgement. The ridiculous levels some went to defend that useless object bordered on lunacy.

Who exactly defended Levein? I can't really remember anyone.

I can only remember people being pro not changing manager every 12 months.

Who exactly defended Levein? I can't really remember anyone.

I can only remember people being pro not changing manager every 12 months.

Babylon, I won't even dignify that post with a studied reply.

Well if you think I ever stuck up for Levein maybe you should go back and check your facts.

Why would I have been thinking of you when I posted that item Babylon?...Guilty consciounce maybe!!!!!!

Babylon, I won't even dignify that post with a studied reply.

Well a studied reply would make a change from calling people lunatics and morons.

Archived