Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Lineker, Bruno... Fryatt?

Who has ever suggested playing Sylla and Hamill?. I've been wanting them back in Scotland for months - in fact I don't remember anyone campaigning for those two.

Scotland?

My dear fellow, that's not bloody far enough away! :)

Besides, the quality in Scotland is much higher than the likes of Hamill can achieve. :P

It's alright hypothesising who should and shouldn't be playing, and which system should or shouldn't be employed, but RK has 1) limited resources and 2) to try to stop us from playing outside the top 2 divisions for the first time in the club's history. If he gets 2) with 1) then great. What more do people expect? How many weeks has he had?

It's alright hypothesising who should and shouldn't be playing, and which system should or shouldn't be employed, but RK has 1) limited resources and 2) to try to stop us from playing outside the top 2 divisions for the first time in the club's history. If he gets 2) with 1) then great. What more do people expect? How many weeks has he had?

even if we lost every game left this season I dont think Milwall Brighton or Crewe would catch us now.

even if we lost every game left this season I dont think Milwall Brighton or Crewe would catch us now.
I don't think managers think like that, and I'm glad they don't. I'd rather see the team fighting until it's mathematically safe, rather than see us play out the rest of the season with mediocre performances. Also, we could still have a bearing on who is promoted, and who gets into the play-offs. The longer we remain competitive in spirit, the better for next season, when we will hopefully have the bulk of this squad.

I don't think managers think like that, and I'm glad they don't. I'd rather see the team fighting until it's mathematically safe, rather than see us play out the rest of the season with mediocre performances. Also, we could still have a bearing on who is promoted, and who gets into the play-offs. The longer we remain competitive in spirit, the better for next season, when we will hopefully have the bulk of this squad.

Totally agreed.

My point is I wouldnt lose any sleep about us going down if I were you.

My point is I wouldnt lose any sleep about us going down if I were you.
Ah, get you! I'm not, but I won't celebrate until we are definitely safe. :thumbup:

Ah, get you! I'm not, but I won't celebrate until we are definitely safe. :thumbup:

And you are very wise not to Lisa, many a club have thought they were safe only to get dragged back in at the last minute. Its good to be cautious, especially supporting Leicester but what a bastard of a party we're going to have WHEN we are safe :thumbup:

And you are very wise not to Lisa, many a club have thought they were safe only to get dragged back in at the last minute. Its good to be cautious, especially supporting Leicester but what a bastard of a party we're going to have WHEN we are safe :thumbup:
:laugh: :thumbsup: :cheers::yahoo:

He's managed (2) with (1) already in my estimation and the sooner he gets on to (3) signing an extended deal and (4) developing his team, the better.

He's managed (2) with (1) already in my estimation and the sooner he gets on to (3) signing an extended deal and (4) developing his team, the better.

I think (3) is in the boards hands.

They clearly believe that since he's already got a mandate until the end of the season, there's no reason to try to tie him down any longer just yet - they've got some time to think up a package and offer it upon successful completition of his present duties.

Come April 30/May 1, if the board want to keep him they will offer him a contract. The transfer window doesn't open for a little while after the last game has been played in our league, so he'll have a little time to rest, then to plan his actions and get the ball rolling when the transfer window opens (that's (4) in your terms) :)

It's in the boards court now. They might be tempted to do a Man City/Stuart Pearce job and give him a longer term deal with a few games to go. We'll see.

Archived