Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Paddy McCarthy song?

PADDY MAC..........PADDY MAC....PADDY PADDY MAC

HES GOT SHIT HAIR.......... BUT WE DONT CARE

PADDY PADDY MAC

PADDY MAC..........PADDY MAC....PADDY PADDY MAC

HES GOT SHIT HAIR.......... BUT WE DONT CARE

PADDY PADDY MAC

:o

I like his hair.

I saw this song somewhere ages ago and thought there must be some way that we can adapt it to make it suitable for one of our players:

Little Billy Bremner is the captain of the crew

For the sake of Leeds United he would break himself in two

His hair is red and fuzzy and his body's black and blue

As Leeds go marching on.

I'm not sure how we could adapt it exactly but maybe something like:

Super Pat McCarthy is the captain of the team

When he goes in for a tackle you will hear your strikers scream

He's the best central defender that the world has ever seen

He's super Paddy Mac

Just an idea. Any alterations/other versions are more than welcome. I wanted to use the word supreme but couldn't think of a sentence that it would fit into well.

I saw this song somewhere ages ago and thought there must be some way that we can adapt it to make it suitable for one of our players:

Little Billy Bremner is the captain of the crew

For the sake of Leeds United he would break himself in two

His hair is red and fuzzy and his body's black and blue

As Leeds go marching on.

I'm not sure how we could adapt it exactly but maybe something like:

Super Pat McCarthy is the captain of the team

When he goes in for a tackle you will hear your strikers scream

He's the best central defender that the world has ever seen

He's super Paddy Mac (and we're gonna win the league, woooooaaahhh) <--- how i would imagine it going, or you could just steel leeds' line and say as the blues go marching on.

Just an idea. Any alterations/other versions are more than welcome. I wanted to use the word supreme but couldn't think of a sentence that it would fit into well.

great though

Yeah I was tempted to just nick the last line from the Leeds version and alter it to make it suitable for us. It does make the song sound more like it's come to an end with "As the Blues go marching on" at the end.

the tune i thuoght it would go to was dickov is a scotsman, he wearshat etc. left foot right foot all fing night, if you catch me drift son.

the tune i thuoght it would go to was dickov is a scotsman, he wearshat etc. left foot right foot all fing night, if you catch me drift son.

Yeah I think the lyrics I've tried to adapt are from a verse from the song "Glory, glory Leeds United".

"Glory Glory

(tune: Glory Glory )

Manchester can rave about their Summerbee and Best,

Then theres Liverpool and Arsenal and Spurs and all the rest,

But let us sing the praises of the lads we love the best,

As Leeds go marching ooonnnnn,

Glory, Glory Leeds United,

As the whites go marchin On! On! On!

Little Billy Bremner is the captain of our crew,

For the sake of Leeds United he would break himself in two,

His hair is red and fuzzy and his bodies black and blue,

As Leeds go marching ooonnnnn,

As the whites go marchin On! On! On!"

www.footballchants.org

there ya go

thanks to a couple of other ideas on here how about:

my old man,

he told me,

our captin is McCarthey,

nik-nak Paddy Mac gets a yellow card,

cus he goes in fookin hard!!

dont really like the first 2 lines but not much else will fit, the last two are quality, nice work davieG!!

also loving all the ideas for chants being put around, its beggining to feel like the good old days at Filbo when the kop would sing about all the players before the match.

Another song that i like is, When Your Smiling, its original, do any other fans sing it?? Also back to the old days at Filbo, it was brilliant when about at least half the kop would be standing up singing it with the hand hand movement as well, looked really good!!

thanks to a couple of other ideas on here how about:

my old man,

he told me,

our captin is McCarthey,

nik-nak Paddy Mac gets a yellow card,

cus he goes in fookin hard!!

dont really like the first 2 lines but not much else will fit, the last two are quality, nice work davieG!!

also loving all the ideas for chants being put around, its beggining to feel like the good old days at Filbo when the kop would sing about all the players before the match.

Another song that i like is, When Your Smiling, its original, do any other fans sing it?? Also back to the old days at Filbo, it was brilliant when about at least half the kop would be standing up singing it with the hand hand movement as well, looked really good!!

Ive got an original new song about Joey Gudjonsson. I know he may be leaving at the end of the season but lets make the most of his time here at lcfc and show him some foxes support.

To the tune of 'We had joy we had fun...'

'We had joy,

we had fun,

we have Joey Gudjonsson,

if he twatted the ball,

he'd knock down a fookin wall.

my old man,

he told me,

our captain is called paddy,

with a knick knack paddy wack paddy is our king

mccarthy for you we'll sing!!!!

:thumbup:

Thats really good apart from the 'our captain in is paddy'.. it doesnt fit, we would be singing paaaadddyy lol

Erm, maybe we could put in 'Mccarthy', with a slight delay on the 'm' :thumbup::P

Thats really good apart from the 'our captain in is paddy'.. it doesnt fit, we would be singing paaaadddyy lol

Erm, maybe we could put in 'Mccarthy', with a slight delay on the 'm' :thumbup::P

check the syllables mate, its fits perfectly!!! if it was 'our captain is called mccarthy' it wouldnt fit :blink:

'our captain is called paddy' is exactly the right length. You sure you have the tune right???

check the syllables mate, its fits perfectly!!! if it was 'our captain is called mccarthy' it wouldnt fit :blink:

'our captain is called paddy' is exactly the right length. You sure you have the tune right???

or just sing 'our captain is McCarthy' that fits perfectly like in my version

Archived