Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

We love you Leicester

To the Iwan Robets tune

New one i made up whilst bored at college

Joey is an iceman

He's got a well fit wife

He wears cor blimey trousers

And Leicester is his life

He scores them with his left foot

He scores them with his right

And when he plays Hull City he scores from the Halfway line.

To the Iwan Robets tune

New one i made up whilst bored at college

Joey is an iceman

He's got a well fit wife

He wears cor blimey trousers

And Leicester is his life

He scores them with his left foot

He scores them with his right

And when he plays Hull City he scores from the Halfway line.

yes...... thats why he's signed a 4 year deal with AZ

why isn't he then?

We weren't in a position to offer him a new deal. He's got a wife and two little kids to think of first of all. He could've waited until the end of the season to see if an offer would come from us but when you get offered a four year deal on, I'm guessing, more money than you're currently earning and the chance to play at a higher standard you have to let your head rule your heart.

Of course Leicester isn't his life but when have songs ever been 100% factually correct? Maybe that's why there's a lack of atmosphere at Filbert Way? People are trying to think of new songs that are completely true. :rolleyes:

We weren't in a position to offer him a new deal. He's got a wife and two little kids to think of first of all. He could've waited until the end of the season to see if an offer would come from us but when you get offered a four year deal on, I'm guessing, more money than you're currently earning and the chance to play at a higher standard you have to let your head rule your heart.

Of course Leicester isn't his life but when have songs ever been 100% factually correct? Maybe that's why there's a lack of atmosphere at Filbert Way? People are trying to think of new songs that are completely true. :rolleyes:

well certain people on here were suggesting he was going as early as November.

He didnt exactly hang around for us to offer him a deal did he. He could of asked for negotions to be opened with the club when AZ came in for him. Basic fact is he's left for more money and European football, he's a journeyman who couldnt care less about Leicester.

On the contrey, I think its people trying to think up over complicated 15 line songs that is more to blame.

well certain people on here were suggesting he was going as early as November.

He didnt exactly hang around for us to offer him a deal did he. He could of asked for negotions to be opened with the club when AZ came in for him. Basic fact is he's left for more money and European football, he's a journeyman who couldnt care less about Leicester.

On the contrey, I think its people trying to think up over complicated 15 line songs that is more to blame.

Firstly, how does people trying to think up over complicated 15 line songs make the atmosphere at Filbert Way any worse? How can complicated song suggestions make it any worse? Maybe if people tried to join in with new songs then we'd have an atmosphere instead of people picking fault with new ideas. The lad's only made a new suggestion but like a lot of things, some people have to find something wrong with it.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what people were suggesting back in November. The fact is that Joey signed a contract with AZ at a time when we had no manager in charge. How do you know he didn't ask for negotiations to be opened with us when AZ came in for him? For all we know Joey could've asked to talk terms with Levein way back in November and Levein may have said "I'm not prepared to discuss new deals at this stage of the season". Joey's then left with a decision, sit here and wait to see if he gets a new deal at a club that doesn't even know who's going to be in charge next season or as I said join a club who will be playing in Europe next season and are offering security for his family for 4 years. It's a pretty easy decision for anyone to make both for footballing and family reasons. In the end, it would seem, he didn't even have a choice to make which is our own fault really.

How you can say he couldn't care less about Leicester is beyond me. If he couldn't care less he would've stopped trying after he signed his deal with AZ but he has kept putting in the effort for the team. He showed it with his brace against Hull that secured us three points but I think you'd already gone home at that point.

Firstly, how does people trying to think up over complicated 15 line songs make the atmosphere at Filbert Way any worse? How can complicated song suggestions make it any worse? Maybe if people tried to join in with new songs then we'd have an atmosphere instead of people picking fault with new ideas. The lad's only made a new suggestion but like a lot of things, some people have to find something wrong with it.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what people were suggesting back in November. The fact is that Joey signed a contract with AZ at a time when we had no manager in charge. How do you know he didn't ask for negotiations to be opened with us when AZ came in for him? For all we know Joey could've asked to talk terms with Levein way back in November and Levein may have said "I'm not prepared to discuss new deals at this stage of the season". Joey's then left with a decision, sit here and wait to see if he gets a new deal at a club that doesn't even know who's going to be in charge next season or as I said join a club who will be playing in Europe next season and are offering security for his family for 4 years. It's a pretty easy decision for anyone to make both for footballing and family reasons. In the end, it would seem, he didn't even have a choice to make which is our own fault really.

How you can say he couldn't care less about Leicester is beyond me. If he couldn't care less he would've stopped trying after he signed his deal with AZ but he has kept putting in the effort for the team. He showed it with his brace against Hull that secured us three points but I think you'd already gone home at that point.

15 line songs don't catch on, simply because people can't learn them as quick as short catchy ones. People cant join in because they dont know the words, and besides as I think Mr Flair has pointed out before, our fans are a simple bunch, they like short songs. I can't even get "Peter Taylor what a willy puller" going at the walkers never mind epic poems. He may of sat their thought about a chant to sing while he was bored and it may be alright but it will a) never catch on. and more importantly b) he only has six games left in which he can attempt to make it catch on. Im not saying all chants have to be 100% True, but the statement "and Leicester is his life" is 100% contridictory as he's leaving.

Truth is know one knows exactly what happened with Gudjohnson. However if he did really love the club he didn't have to leave, He's just had a blinding season and he earns more in a month then most of us do in a year, All this he's got a family stuff is rubbish. Even if we did get rid of him at the end of the season, there would be shitty little clubs like AZ queing up from around Europe for his signature. He went for European football and more money, and I dont blame him.

OMG how can you think the sole reason he's playing well is because of the love he has for Leicester City. It's his job to play football, if he doesn't play well he doesn't play. Has it Accured to you he enjoys playing football? Or maybe that he's trying to impress Van Gaal as he's going to have to fight hard for his place next season? Or that he gets more money for playing and scoring goals, which according to some people he's pretty desperate for <_< . He cares for Leicester no more then Betis, Villa, or Wolves.

Bit rude, so anyone under 16 close your eyes when you read this.

For Pat McCarthy to the tune Man Utd fans sing for Park Ji Sung

Pat, Pat, Where ever you may be

Gypsies come from your country

But it could be worse

You could come from Cov

Waking up to your sister sucking you off

Bit rude, so anyone under 16 close your eyes when you read this.

For Pat McCarthy to the tune Man Utd fans sing for Park Ji Sung

Pat, Pat, Where ever you may be

Gypsies come from your country

But it could be worse

You could come from Cov

Waking up to your sister sucking you off

Could we change it to Gypsies come from the west country??

15 line songs don't catch on, simply because people can't learn them as quick as short catchy ones. People cant join in because they dont know the words, and besides as I think Mr Flair has pointed out before, our fans are a simple bunch, they like short songs. I can't even get "Peter Taylor what a willy puller" going at the walkers never mind epic poems. He may of sat their thought about a chant to sing while he was bored and it may be alright but it will a) never catch on. and more importantly b) he only has six games left in which he can attempt to make it catch on. Im not saying all chants have to be 100% True, but the statement "and Leicester is his life" is 100% contridictory as he's leaving.

Truth is know one knows exactly what happened with Gudjohnson. However if he did really love the club he didn't have to leave, He's just had a blinding season and he earns more in a month then most of us do in a year, All this he's got a family stuff is rubbish. Even if we did get rid of him at the end of the season, there would be shitty little clubs like AZ queing up from around Europe for his signature. He went for European football and more money, and I dont blame him.

OMG how can you think the sole reason he's playing well is because of the love he has for Leicester City. It's his job to play football, if he doesn't play well he doesn't play. Has it Accured to you he enjoys playing football? Or maybe that he's trying to impress Van Gaal as he's going to have to fight hard for his place next season? Or that he gets more money for playing and scoring goals, which according to some people he's pretty desperate for <_< . He cares for Leicester no more then Betis, Villa, or Wolves.

15 line songs may not catch on but suggesting them doesn't hurt anyone. What's the worst that can happen? They don't get picked up by people and don't get sung. You never know, they might catch on but only if people make the suggestions in the first place.

I didn't say the only reason Joey's still performing is because he loves Leicester City but he could've quite easily stopped putting the effort in, seen us go down and then join up with AZ with his reputation intact. Van Gaal's already been impressed by him enough to sign him so if his performance level had dropped and we'd been relegated (we still could) he could've blamed the players around him for not showing the same amount of effort as himself during the first half of the season. I don't think Joey loves Leicester but I don't think you can spend two years somewhere and not give a toss about it. I think it's a bit disrespectful to say that he couldn't care less when he's one of a very small number of players that have shown passion and pride in his performance throughout the season.

Archived